In Milan we TRUST

Why, do you think blindly keeping faith, and not voicing any concerns you might have is?

or do you think 1pt out of 21 is about right for us?

It's hardly 'blindly keeping faith' is it!

It's not like these last 7 games are Jones' first.

Surely the unbeaten run and a promotion along the way hasn't escaped your attention?

For some (probably many), that run will have instilled a sense of great faith in Jones' abilities.

Granted, the current will be severely testing people's faith in him, but there's no need to make out as though Jones' record is no better than Eustace's.

Surely the unbeaten run and a promotion along the way hasn't escaped your attention?

For some (probably many), that run will have instilled a sense of great faith in Jones' abilities.

Granted, the current will be severely testing people's faith in him, but there's no need to make out as though Jones' record is no better than Eustace's.

Who mentioned Eustace, do you remember him managing, how about playing, we got him from the hammers you know, in the 70s how do you think he made the transition from down south.

Right you points, yep its keeping blind faith,

The unbeaten run was with a team that was already assembled by someone else,

Yep that run instilled a great faith in me, till all this started to go awry, he's signed players who arent up to the task, he's played people woefully out of position, he's got the tactics wrong on several occasions, he's publicly criticized players, and he's blindly stuck with his signings at the expense of team morale to such an extent we now have players brawling in the tunnel.

happy now Mr clapper

Edited by scarboro-owl

If we as a team upped the tempo a bit might help ? I think if the team doesn't gel off the pitch diffrences can effect game play ? frustrations get involved ? As dj said what team has seriously batterd us ? If we get behind all players even those not so good give them a real push if we start knocking them goals get a win with clean sheet we are on our way.... lol I talk daft sometimes just bare with me lol

im maybe too old for this malarky, but i dont waste any energy being negative, when i'm at the game i'm upbeat and as positive as i can be, its just as tiring sitting here typing good things about DJ as it is bad things, im concerned because i dont want to see us fail.

if wedo win the next 2 games ill be exctatic, but it wont alter the fact that DJ has made major boobs in the last few weeks, and will it guarantee he wont make them again?

im not sure, are you?

He's made mistakes yes. Will he make them again? who knows. But the fact he has a decent track record as manager, and what he's done since coming into this club makes me have a bit more faith in him. My faith in him hasn't gone from hero to zero in the matter of a few weeks, like it has with some on here.

I can see what he's trying to do, but i can also see the failings. On Saturday i think he should have changed formation 2nd half, but i can't fault him for playing the formation in the first place- we needed to tighten up, and the first half was steady and much better.

I don't think he's perfect, and i don't think he shouldn't be cricitised....but i am getting tired of the ultra negitive comments. People criciscing every single interview, twisting his every word. Playing on this "he doesn't turn up to training" thing. And it's not just DJ, it's Madine, Bothroyd, Taylor...all getting dogs abuse on here, and twitter. Happy Clapper? nah, i just want him to have a fair crack...and i'm not sure he has yet.

Who mentioned Eustace, do you remember him managing, how about playing, we got him from the hammers you know, in the 70s how do you think he made the transition from down south.

Right you points, yep its keeping blind faith,

The unbeaten run was with a team that was already assembled by someone else,

Yep that run instilled a great faith in me, till all this started to go awry, he's signed players who arent up to the task, he's played people woefully out of position, he's got the tactics wrong on several occasions, he's publicly criticized players, and he's blindly stuck with his signings at the expense of team morale to such an extent we now have players brawling in the tunnel.

happy now Mr clapper

Which players has he blindly stuck with?

Don't say Taylor because he dropped him last week. And in any case, I'm not sure if sticking by someone for five games would constitute 'blindly' sticking by them anyway.

Who else? Bothroyd? His performances have improved.

And less of the patronising crap, ok? Just no need.

He's made mistakes yes. Will he make them again? who knows. But the fact he has a decent track record as manager, and what he's done since coming into this club makes me have a bit more faith in him. My faith in him hasn't gone from hero to zero in the matter of a few weeks, like it has with some on here.

I can see what he's trying to do, but i can also see the failings. On Saturday i think he should have changed formation 2nd half, but i can't fault him for playing the formation in the first place- we needed to tighten up, and the first half was steady and much better.

I don't think he's perfect, and i don't think he shouldn't be cricitised....but i am getting tired of the ultra negitive comments. People criciscing every single interview, twisting his every word. Playing on this "he doesn't turn up to training" thing. And it's not just DJ, it's Madine, Bothroyd, Taylor...all getting dogs abuse on here, and twitter. Happy Clapper? nah, i just want him to have a fair crack...and i'm not sure he has yet.

Yes but theres things i dont understand, people go on about his track record, ok lets put a different spin on it, he spent 6 years and millions of pounds at Cardiff, but still failed to get them out of this division, good record?

as for the rest of your reasoning well;

Ive lost my faith in him with what he's done this past few weeks, its been slightly short of farcical

Im not being pedantic, but i really cant see what hes trying to do

and what has Bothroyd and Taylor done since theyve been here that make them immune from criticism

Milan will base any decision on the following:

1). Results

2) what sees on the pitch - under Megson it got dire

3) what he sees and hears from the training ground

4). What he picks up from his chats with DJ over a meal

5). Can he get someone better

He will make the right decision at the right time.

Perfectly put.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Milan's on holiday.

And i don't get why people are still droning on about us getting promotion. That's what was expected, it's hardly too much? I mean we're sheffield wednesday, we're not a league one club.

Inexperienced as a team in the championship?

So one point from eight games is down to inexperience?

If don't have a right to be negative because we got promotion last season?

It's boring now. If it was any team, that'd been on the same run of form as we have the manager would be under pressure, and by rights he should be. Playing 4-5-1 at home, and saying it had 0-0 written all over it. Why should fans put up with it?

Which players has he blindly stuck with?

Don't say Taylor because he dropped him last week. And in any case, I'm not sure if sticking by someone for five games would constitute 'blindly' sticking by them anyway.

Who else? Bothroyd? His performances have improved.

And less of the patronising crap, ok? Just no need.

you mean he's dropped Taylor, oh my god, is that the same Taylor who you told me last week was a worldbeater and was our captain, and was above criticism?

patronising? tell you what Mr Wells sir,

stop jumping on every post i make, go away and form a list of what your hero DJ has done right this season,

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Inexperienced as a team in the championship?

So one point from eight games is down to inexperience?

If don't have a right to be negative because we got promotion last season?

It's boring now. If it was any team, that'd been on the same run of form as we have the manager would be under pressure, and by rights he should be. Playing 4-5-1 at home, and saying it had 0-0 written all over it. Why should fans put up with it?

you mean he's dropped Taylor, oh my god, is that the same Taylor who you told me last week was a worldbeater and was our captain, and was above criticism?

That doesn't even remotely resemble anything I've said about Taylor. Feel free to quote any post I've made though...

patronising? tell you what Mr Wells sir,

stop jumping on every post i make, go away and form a list of what your hero DJ has done right this season,

The thing is, unlike you, I don't have to black and white everything in order to make a point.

So, DJ doesn't have to be my hero in order for me to defend him against inflated criticism.

The fact is that after a decent first month this season the results have been terrible and the performances similarly very poor.

Whether or not every reason for why results and performances have gone the way have can be blamed entirely on Jones, one thing for sure is that he'll have to start over-seeing an upturn in performances and results or he'll be gone.

For now, I still think he can get us out of this. Two or three more performances and results like September's between now and November I may well also be thinking it's gone too far for him to rectify.

That doesn't even remotely resemble anything I've said about Taylor. Feel free to quote any post I've made though...

The thing is, unlike you, I don't have to black and white everything in order to make a point.

So, DJ doesn't have to be my hero in order for me to defend him against inflated criticism.

The fact is that after a decent first month this season the results have been terrible and the performances similarly very poor.

Whether or not every reason for why results and performances have gone the way have can be blamed entirely on Jones, one thing for sure is that he'll have to start over-seeing an upturn in performances and results or he'll be gone.

For now, I still think he can get us out of this. Two or three more performances and results like September's between now and November I may well also be thinking it's gone too far for him to rectify.

1pt from 21, playing like we've never seen a football before, inflated criticism, u sure?

Who is to blame then?

In my original answer to this post i eluded to the fact that i didnt think you knew who Peter Eustace was, its here for everyone to see, but i dont know how to add it to this message, i left a little bait for an hour or so to see if i could catch myself a poster who posts things he knows nothing about, and sure enough i caught myself an Edward, i told you all about Eustace even asking you how you thought his move up north turned out being from West Ham and all, and you accused me of being patronising assuming you didnt know who Eustace was, pity you didnt know he was born in Stocksbridge, you proved my point for me very well, you know as much about Wednesday as i do about clapping if you must post silly things, please make sure you know who you are posting them about and to.

Thanks eddie boy

Edited by scarboro-owl

In my original answer to this post i eluded to the fact that i didnt think you knew who Peter Eustace was, its here for everyone to see, but i dont know how to add it to this message, i left a little bait for an hour or so to see if i could catch myself a poster who posts things he knows nothing about, and sure enough i caught myself an Edward, i told you all about Eustace even asking you how you thought his move up north turned out being from West Ham and all, and you accused me of being patronising assuming you didnt know who Eustace was, pity you didnt know he was born in Stocksbridge, you proved my point for me very well, you know as much about Wednesday as i do about clapping if you must post silly things, please make sure you know who you are posting them about and to.

Thanks eddie boy

What the hell are you on about?!

It was me - not you - who brought Eustace's record as manager up. How and why the hell would I bring such a thing up if I didn't know about it? It doesn't make any sense.

And I accused you of being patronising because of the general tone of your every post, not because of your, quite frankly, odd comment about Eustace - which I'd actually chosen to ignore because it seemed so bizarre.

Eustace (as manager) wasn't even 25 years ago - I could be little more than 35 or so and it wouldn't be unreasonable to have referenced it. Do you really think everyone who posts on here are teenagers?

1pt from 21, playing like we've never seen a football before, inflated criticism, u sure?

Who is to blame then?

I'd rather not talk about blame, especially when trying to single out one person. I doubt it's even possible.

Jones is responsible for putting it right though, and if he can't then sooner or later he'll be sacked.

What the hell are you on about?!

It was me - not you - who brought Eustace's record as manager up. How and why the hell would I bring such a thing up if I didn't know about it? It doesn't make any sense.

And I accused you of being patronising because of the general tone of your every post, not because of your, quite frankly, odd comment about Eustace - which I'd actually chosen to ignore because it seemed so bizarre.

Eustace (as manager) wasn't even 25 years ago - I could be little more than 35 or so and it wouldn't be unreasonable to have referenced it. Do you really think everyone who posts on here are teenagers?

you need help mate, sorry but you really do, you hadn't a clue Eustace was a Wednesday trainee that we actually sold to West Ham in the first place, if you had have known that you'd have rammed it down my throat the first chance you got, you were bandying his name around trying to ridicule him for his stint as a manager, i just showed how stupid you are regarding Wednesday, well i didn't, you did it for me

you need help mate, sorry but you really do, you hadn't a clue Eustace was a Wednesday trainee that we actually sold to West Ham in the first place, if you had have known that you'd have rammed it down my throat the first chance you got, you were bandying his name around trying to ridicule him for his stint as a manager, i just showed how stupid you are regarding Wednesday, well i didn't, you did it for me

"Never argue with an idiot: they bring you down to their level and then beat you on experience."