Re: The Redknapp Rumours

I would not rule out Harry but both Blackburn & Leicester have both been linked with him.

McCarthy or Davies would be more likely if DJ went.

The article below does say he doesn't mind going to a championship club:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/07/3431124/redknapp-ive-stopped-attending-games-case-i-get-linked-to-a?source=breakingnews

If there was any chance that Milan thought he could get his mate 'Arry in, Jones would already be out of the door.

I'm sure you are right (I genuinely don't believe for a minute he will ever manage in the North let alone us) but these sort of things take lots of time to negotiate so not sure the fact he isn't here already is much of a sign. Especially as I believe he's still effectively on gardening leave at Spurs? If the run continues and MM sees no other alternative to sacking DJ I think MM on a short-ish contract (until end of season with a view to making it permanent should a PL club not come in for him) with the other MM would be a good shout. (I personally don't care whether he was 'up' on Veron's current form in that World Cup you mentioned in another post lol )

Edited by Almat

I'm sure you are right (I genuinely don't believe for a minute he will ever manage in the North let alone us) but these sort of things take lots of time to negotiate so not sure the fact he isn't here already is much of a sign. Especially as I believe he's still effectively on gardening leave at Spurs? If the run continues and MM sees no other alternative to sacking DJ I think MM on a short-ish contract (until end of season with a view to making it permanent should a PL club not come in for him) with the other MM would be a good shout. (I personally don't care whether he was 'up' on Veron's current form in that World Cup you mentioned in another post lol )

Haha! Its all about your football philosophy!

I agree with what you've said, I just think overall that MM isn't shy about changing managers and presumably has chatted to Harry about what's going on at Wednesday, if he thought there was a chance of getting him I don't think he'd wait around - ergo Redknapp isn't interested or the obstacles are too high.

If, and I emphasis if, Jones does go would love to see a younger progressive manager given a go, even if we have to poach them from another club, someone in the Rodgers/Poyet/Mackay mould would be nice to have a philosophy and look towards the future for a change.

If Harry Redknapp is the next Wednesday manager it will be the biggest coup in footballing history. He was everyones top choice for England manager less than 6 months ago. If we keep posting about it, it doesn't make it any more likely to happen. The chance of this happening will still be zero.

Edited by H2Owl

Haha! Its all about your football philosophy!

I agree with what you've said, I just think overall that MM isn't shy about changing managers and presumably has chatted to Harry about what's going on at Wednesday, if he thought there was a chance of getting him I don't think he'd wait around - ergo Redknapp isn't interested or the obstacles are too high.

If, and I emphasis if, Jones does go would love to see a younger progressive manager given a go, even if we have to poach them from another club, someone in the Rodgers/Poyet/Mackay mould would be nice to have a philosophy and look towards the future for a change.

Ediie Howe? Rodgers is a weird one because he brings with him the 'baggage' of how he eventually got Swansea playing and I don't think MM would be interested in waiting for that to happen here. No way Poyet would come. Mckay is probably vulnerable to a poaching given his 'low' salary (if you believe what poster nugent says).

Edited by Almat

Dave Jones

Sheffield Wednesday 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png 1 March 2012 Present 25 14 4 7 56.00

Have more faith you fickle morons.

What was his win %age at the end of last seaon? His career average is 41.72% so maybe this run is just a re-adjustment to that and we will pick up again soon. I really hope so but i do have my doubts.

Edited by Almat

Nice sentiment about a young manager but this is very young team, not much championship experience, so I think to bring a manager in who is in the same boat would be a massive risk.

For that reason I think we should stick with DJ. He has never been close to getting a team relegated in this league and he won't with us either.

True but he's never been in this situation before with a newly promoted team. He's always picked up jobs at comfortable mid-table teams and progressed them forward from there (Wolves and Cardiff). He's currently managing a team in turmoil. Once you've lost the dressing room it's very hard to get this back.

Edited by H2Owl

Ediie Howe? Rodgers is a weird one because he brings with him the 'baggage' of how he eventually got Swansea playing and I don't think MM would be interested in waiting for that to happen here. No way Poyet would come. Mckay is probably vulnerable to a poaching given his 'low' salary (if you believe what poster nugent says).

I wasn't actually specifically touting those names as like you say, there would be no chance, just that kind of mould. My brother told me there's some bloke winning loads of stuff in Mexico who Arsene Wenger has told the board to make his successor because he would continue the Wenger philosophy - that's the kind of thing I'm after!

I'm sure Arsenal fans would have said the same when they brought in the manager of Nagoya Grampus, but that didnt work out too badly. There will always be examples that contradict footballing cliches like "he's not from round here, so he'll be poo poo". I personally think something like that would be too big a gamble for us right now though

I wasn't actually specifically touting those names as like you say, there would be no chance, just that kind of mould. My brother told me there's some bloke winning loads of stuff in Mexico who Arsene Wenger has told the board to make his successor because he would continue the Wenger philosophy - that's the kind of thing I'm after!

I maybe wrong but i seem to remember reading something about Dragan Stojkovic being highly rated by Wenger, who replaced Wenger at Nagoya