What's wrong with Billy Davies and Mick mcarthy

He once kicked a door off it's hinges at Hillsborough when we were beating them at half time.

He later paid for the broken door.

The mans a wee wee tail.

Passion. He's got the fear factor. It's what we need at the moment imo. And the people who go on about DJ's record in the Championship are right to an extent. Until you compare it to McCarthy's. It pales.

I do wish people would stop going on about 'passion' as if it's the magical elixir of football. Players and managers of all types of demeanour have failed and have been successful. On it's own it means absolutely nothing.

And if behaving like an angry gorilla is supposed to prevent a losing run, what happened in December 2011 - February 2012 ?

Edited by DJMortimer

Why not Mick McCarthy? Well you might tell me the following is irrelevant and doesn't matter at all in the Championship BUT I really think people want a manager they can have faith in, can believe in and who they can feel has a plan and knows football inside out and back to front 10x more than any of us. I just would never feel this with Mick.

Despite a managerial career which has taken in a World Cup and three full seasons in the Premier League, my most abiding memory of him is from his time working as a commentator.

McCarthy was acting as the BBC's expert summariser in a match between Argentina and Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup. As the teams stepped out onto the pitch Mick almost choked on his pre-match cuppa in astonishment that Juan Sebastian Veron was in the Argentina line-up. "I had to check it was the same lad who played for Man United" he exclaimed.

This statement might seem innocuous, but it has stuck with me. In the year before that World Cup Veron had not only picked up his second consecutive South American Footballer of the Year award, but had captained his boyhood club, Estudiantes, to victory in the Copa Libertadores. I might be an obsessive follower of Wednesday and English football in general, but only follow the international game through the odd newspaper report and podcast. But even I was aware of late career Veron's renaissance in Argentina.

It was an astonishing revelation that I knew more about the game than a full time, highly paid Premier League Manager. It was also no suprise when Wolves inevitably went down the season after. Whilst their rivals had proper scouting networks & picked up the likes of Odenwingie and Chris Samba for less than a million Wolves were still a team of holders paying over the odds for British players like Johnson & Doyle.

So whilst Mick "could do a job" in the Champs I could never "feel it" with him and know he shares my football philosophy & ideals. It's a personal thing I admit but I simply do not want the man.

So now we are judging

I do wish people would stop going on about 'passion' as if it's the magical elixir of football. Players and managers of all types of demeanour have failed and have been successful. On it's own it means absolutely nothing.

And if behaving like an angry gorilla is supposed to prevent a losing run, what happened in December 2011 - February 2012 ?

Perhaps you could now address my point that MM has a much better than DJ in the Championship (or PL for that matter). Am I telling porkies?

Perhaps you could now address my point that MM has a much better than DJ in the Championship (or PL for that matter). Am I telling porkies?

Don't know. Don't much care. You really think it's no more difficult than looking at won/lost statistics on Soccerbase? The numbers are nothing without context, removing all nuance and intelligence.

We're in the same position we've been in a dozen times or more in the last 15 years. Today's genius is just tomorrow's idiot.

They're both a set of caaants.

Can't speak for Billy Davies, although I do remember his disgraceful antics at Derby after they beat us a few seasons ago, and would have to think long and hard about another season ticket if he were suddenly wheeled in as manager. But I've met McCarthy a couple of times and have only found him to be a top bloke.

I think he could get a better job than ours though, when he decides it's the right time for him to return to management.

Don't know. Don't much care. You really think it's no more difficult than looking at won/lost statistics on Soccerbase? The numbers are nothing without context, removing all nuance and intelligence.

We're in the same position we've been in a dozen times or more in the last 15 years. Today's genius is just tomorrow's idiot.

I have a feeling you've looked it up, though lol . Oh well.

why are people so bothered as to whether or not b davies is a nice bloke or not?

we need a manager that can get us up the league, not someone that will give the opposing fans a friendly wave after each match

Precisely.

I don't care what their personalities are like as long as they are successful. Colin use to be a complete wee wee tail but I would have him here tomorrow.

As for the remarks about McCarthy and Wednesday. If he disliked us would he have loaned us one of their best prospects for a full season?

Guest doni wednesday

billy davies is a tool look what happened to derby they still have the worst points record in premiership history and then he went to forest and did what ???????

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I didn't want Megson to go.. I didn't want DJ.. however he won me round...

I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE MANAGERS ANYMOIRE...

We need to give a manager at least 3 seasoins for a change... let's not support a revolving door policy for managers it;s poo poo and gets you nowhere...

Now we have DJ let;s stick with him for a while please....

We have a new team.. it takes time to settle.... let's see where we are at the end of the season ...

Guest doni wednesday

here here it takes time hes been here a couple of months look at ferguson at utd they nearly got relegated when he took over now look at them

billy davies is a tool look what happened to derby they still have the worst points record in premiership history and then he went to forest and did what ???????

Bit harsh to lay that all on Davies's door considering he was sacked after a few months. You also neglect to mention that he did a fantastic job in getting them promoted the season before. As for Forest he took a team who were battling relegation and led them to two consecutive play off finishes, as well as breaking Brian Clough's record by going over a year unbeaten at home.

Bit harsh to lay that all on Davies's door considering he was sacked after a few months. You also neglect to mention that he did a fantastic job in getting them promoted the season before.

Couldn't you use that argument with DJ with all those clamouring for him to be sacked?

Guest hirsty9

Seriously what the short term thinkin on here??

I know that we've been brought down back to earth with a bang but changing the manager (AGAIN) will do absolutely nothing for us at this stage.

10 games in people.

If we were losing 6-0 every week I'd kinda see some people's views on here about sacking him but we're not.

Give the guy a break FFS and give the team some support !!

10 games in = a quarter of the season gone, how much more time do you give a manager whose team is playing relegation type football...1 point in 21 fact