Is Something happening at S6?

Not sure if you've noticed before lads but all managers talk a load of crap if they win or lose. I'm surprised anyone bothers to even listen. Manager interviews are the definition of boring so to call a managers interview boring is hardly a revelation.

It hasnt ?

It hasn't - is that your genuine opinion?

DJ did an almost unbelievable job with gm's team so far so good. Then when given (as far as I know)full support he has bought or loaned an almost new team that so far have taken us to the bottom 3 I'd say it's gone a bit sour

It's not irretrievable but looking thro MM's eyes you'd understand him being a tad pissed off and I'd be amazed if he hasn't had a purely coincidental meeting with a provisional successor

Guest Deleted member

I'd be amazed if he hasn't had a purely coincidental meeting with a provisional successor

I'd be amazed if he had

Throughout Irvines tenure MM demonstrated that he's a lot less fickle than our supporters. And Megsons departure was nothing to do with the results

I think I must have watched a different game from Dave Jones yesterday. He said in his interview on RS that Hull didn't create anything and yet my eyes saw at least 3 or 4 chances where poor finishing gave Wednesday a big let off. The number of times we had 2 (or more) defenders against one Hull player and either lost the ball or they went past our defenders was frightening. Mainly this happened down Mattock's side or in the "inside right" position between Mattock and Gardner. The standard of defending was still poor in my view.

Also our midfield did not support O'Grady well enough or quickly enough at all. When JJ came on I couldn't understand why Jones didn't put him on the left, with Antonio switching to the right. In previous games, we have looked much more likely to score with them in those positions (JJ left and Antonio right). They did briefly switch for a few minutes but then went back as they were.

We need Reda back at left back for things to improve. He may not be the best footballer, but he does win more than his fair share of challenges, plus he's a threat in the opposition box for free kicks and corners. Gardner, despite his 6' 7" never wins a header cleanly in the attacking area of the pitch.

The other thing I noticed was that Bothroyd was repeatedly hitting his passes far to hard when they were intended for team mates only a short distance away. This meant the receiving player had great difficulty controlling the ball. There was also one particular "hospital" ball he played across the centre of midfield which could have led to a serious injury for one of our players (I can't recall who). Bothroyd did show a few decent bits of skill but he still looked off the pace to me and not really all that committed to the cause, which is what we need from every player on the field in the current predicament.

Edited by Kevan