Gerald Sibon

I wouldn't put him anywhere near any of our teams, now or in the past, first team, reserves, youth - he was poison. He had talent but chose to waste it and from what I hear his lazy attitude rubbed off on others who might have been otherwise better players and therefore servants of our club.

Gerald Sibon ?

Poison ?

- Drew a Premier League salary for years after we could afford it.

- Never earned said salary (or anything anywhere near it)

These points being a major facotr in our financial decline for years.

- Attitude in training was from what I hear terrible - contributed to the extent to which HIS salary was wasted

- Said attitude rubbed off on impressionable younger players who looked up to him. Meant some of our young promising players did not develop as they should, which in turn resulted in a poorer squad for SWFC to choose from and reduced value of players we would sell on.

HUGE factor in our decline over several years before and after relegation from the Premier League.

Poison

Guest mr frisky

I wouldn't put him anywhere near any of our teams, now or in the past, first team, reserves, youth - he was poison. He had talent but chose to waste it and from what I hear his lazy attitude rubbed off on others who might have been otherwise better players and therefore servants of our club.

couldn't agree more mate,my pal went to an evening with one of the managers think it was possibly turner,and according to him he was nothing but a bad influence and disruptive and other palyers at the time tagged along with him,inc.alan quinn and owen morrisson,may be i was spoilt growing up through the early 90's ,but sibon was bob-bar !!

Serious question

Where did you hear that from ?

Came from someone who said he knows a former manager of SWFC who worked with Sibon. I use "from what I hear" so there is no doubt that all this is hearsay and therefore shouldn't be seen as anything other than the ramblings of a supporter who has his own views - just like almost everything on here.

Guest James Junny

We blew 5 million on sibon and de bilde and they were average players at best, 3 million on wim jonk, and 5 million on stefanovic and kovacievic, 1.5 on magilton and 1.5 on sedloski, all got us nowhere but down and at a total cost of 16 million excluding very high wages. Nearly killed the club and they are all well off, in mandaric we trust won't throw money at it but will be smart , run us like a business. Building us to be more massive than ever.

Came from someone who said he knows a former manager of SWFC who worked with Sibon. I use "from what I hear" so there is no doubt that all this is hearsay and therefore shouldn't be seen as anything other than the ramblings of a supporter who has his own views - just like almost everything on here.

So you are now also saying you're more credible than 'almost everything on here' ??

flip

ME

Owlstalk Shop