Gerald Sibon

Guest Bedders

What I can remember is that he was crap in the first season! Reason we went down was because we placed too much emphasis on new players who needed time to gel.

Subsequent seasons he was much better after he had settled & adjusted to the surroundings & league.

Moral of the story for me is buy new players to supplement what you already have NOT build a new team around......that takes time & sometimes you just don't have it!!!

Edited by Bedders

What I can remember is that he was crap in the first season! Reason we went down was because we placed too much emphasis on new players who needed time to gel.

Subsequent seasons he was much better after he had settled & adjusted to the surroundings & league.

Moral of the story for me is buy new players to supplement what you already have NOT build a new team around......that takes time & sometimes you just don't have it!!!

FFS, the question was "would sibon get in todays team". Waste of time this forum......Every thread gets turned into been about our current situation. A simple yes, because or No because would suffice sausage. :picnic:

Guest Bedders

FFS, the question was "would sibon get in todays team". Waste of time this forum......Every thread gets turned into been about our current situation. A simple yes, because or No because would suffice sausage. :picnic:

As a new player in new surroundings on past performance a big FAT NO! Clear enough for you sunshine????????????

As a new player in new surroundings on past performance a big FAT NO! Clear enough for you sunshine????????????

:ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy:

This is sadly typical of too many fans' attitudes. Sibon was the one talented footballer in amongst an absolute shower. What I used to see was Sibon floating in quality balls that no one was good enough to anticipate, then getting fed up after 20 minutes and shooting from long range. Talented player who was too good for the team he played in.

That's where I stopped reading your thread...

Spot on. Turner tagged Morrison, Sibon and Quinn and bad influneces? Sibon who he got rid of soon after becoming manager, coinciding with a shocking run of form? Quinn who was a good player in our side at the time but in his own words was forced out by Turner's management? Morrison who's talent he failed to make the most of?

Turner would have made a good scout but he was a shocking man manager and tactician in his time in charge of us. I was happy to hear of his dismissal before I had managed to complete my walk home from the match that Saturday, had it not happened at that point then even Sturrock would have struggled to rescue the season.