The Paradox of Choice

I think we should stick with bothroyd. If fully match fit and sharp he is a far better striker than Cog.

Next to bothroyd I would play Maguire.

I get what people are saying about Cog but he is a player for another kind of manager.

We are trying to build from the back. Not launch it up top and hope that it sticks. That is what cog brings to the table.

COG is a better alternative than, Madine, Rodri, Bothroyd or Maguire.

For me, he would the first striker on the team sheet.

He may be a back to basics, reliably limited, player.

But, he s streets ahead of the others with what he brings to the team.

Absolutely. Depite my defence of COG I accept that this may well be temporary but at the moment the ship needs steadying and we should start by picking the inform players in their proper positions (injuries permitting).

I think we should stick with bothroyd. If fully match fit and sharp he is a far better striker than Cog.

I get what people are saying about Cog but he is a player for another kind of manager.

We are trying to build from the back. Not launch it up top and hope that it sticks. That is what cog brings to the table.

No, that is how he has been used since coming here that's all. Bothroyd might well be more talented than COG but at the moment that is not in evidence. Far from it.

Fringe players who aren't DJ's favourites must look at what is happening to COG and wonder what is the point? Bad for morale.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Just because CoG plays then you don't have to launch it up to him - hoofball is dead - CoG can still hold the ball up following an intricate passing move, cross field pass or breaking away on the counter.

At the moment most moves breakdown in the last third and we are relying on the pace of Antonio and/or JJ to power through or get behind. Invariably the ball is lost, blasted into the stand or not reaching a blue and white shirt...

No, that is how he has been used since coming here that's all. Bothroyd might well be more talented than COG but at the moment that is not in evidence. Far from it.

Fringe players who aren't DJ's favourites must look at what is happening to COG and wonder what is the point? Bad for morale.

Well this is the problem of having too many to pick from.

One player can have a good game but in the long run, Jones will know who he wants to play. COG might give him a a bit of a head ache and cause him to pick him instead but in the long run he is not the answer.

A manager should not only pick players because they have had a good game. It is one reason, but in the end you have to pick the players to fit what you are trying to achieve.

I don't thin, COG fits that.

Most fans on here don't seem to want to look at the bigger picture and what DJ is trying to achieve.

They are only looking at temporary form here and there and basing their judgements entirely on that.

Look at JJ. Great form for the first few games but reverts to type. His form in a few games should not cause DJ to be thrown off course with his long term vision.

If he knows his best 11 he should play them and not give a flying flip about a few fans on some bandwagon crusade.

Its an interesting post and partly sums up the manager predicament We seem to have all the pieces of a huge jigsaw, but its worse than that as some of the pieces are missing. I feel a bit for the manager at the moment but it is a problem of his own making, although its something I'm sure he will sort out. He will probably need to wheel and deal a bit more to get in those missing pieces. Ironically although I agree that COG has been our most effective forward, unfortunately he will probably be one of the ones sacrificed in an attempt to find the player who can bring the best out of Rodri and Bothroyd. Personally I think theres been too much upheaval and would have preferred a more targeted approach

More choice does not equal more freedom, but more paralysis.

Dave Jones and Milan take heed.

Too many players, too many variables, too many players to consider and keep happy. Nobody a clear 1st choice.

We need to get a settled team now.

Part Boloxis Part Genius

Edited by Spookone

I think this a myth. I am not condoning hoofball - but we try to pass in triangles with no end product. It always breaks down, always.

If you want to play that game - pass and move - you have to bloody move.

COG moves - the other strikers don't IMO. Or, nowhere near enough.

Our lack of movement is blindingly obvious.

I think this a myth. I am not condoning hoofball - but we try to pass in triangles with no end product. It always breaks down, always.

Been saying for weeks that we are too static!

COG is really strong. I like him for that but I think you are wrong to credit him for his good movement.

He is actually quite static. He stands with his back to goal and knows he can because nobody can budge him.

It is a strength but it also causes him to get stuck.

I don't dismiss him entirely. He has his uses but he wouldn't be my first choice. I can definetly see where DJ is coming from with this.

COG is really strong. I like him for that but I think you are wrong to credit him for his good movement.

He is actually quite static. He stands with his back to goal and knows he can because nobody can budge him.

It is a strength but it also causes him to get stuck.

I don't dismiss him entirely. He has his uses but he wouldn't be my first choice. I can definetly see where DJ is coming from with this.

McCabe must be pulling his hair out.

He finds space, retains possession, can pass and move. I think he is a fantastic prospect.

And, nobody moves for him.

Rodri's first game, he did this. Don't know why he stopped.

Pretty basic for me.

McCabe must be pulling his hair out.

He finds space, retains possession, can pass and move. I think he is a fantastic prospect.

And, nobody moves for him.

Rodri's first game, he did this. Don't know why he stopped.

Pretty basic for me.

I agree. It must be something that stops happening when players lose confidence.

Perhaps players stop being so desperate to receive the ball and find subtle ways of hiding and not showing for it.

Burnley offered their S/T holders chance to see the clarets for per game prices of between £16+ and £23+ for their coveted Bob Lord Stand.

Yet we Owls are being asked to fork out £27 for their poo poo hole behind the goal.

My message to Burnley with the Owls playing so well is ....**** right off robbing stinky flapss !

THE PARADOX OF CHOICE !

Totally disagree with what you are saying. At the moment we are just launching balls up to Bothroyd. The one game when we played really good football was against Birmingham, and lo and behold COG was playing up front.

If COG is the answer, he is the answer for another manager.

I don't think DJ sees him as the answer.

If you trust DJ, trust him to find the right answer.

If you don't trust him and want another megson..or any manager for that matter, then COG may be the answer.

Personally I am trusting DJ. .....For now at least. lol

Edited by Beholder

If COG is the answer, he is the answer for another manager.

I don't think DJ sees him as the answer.

If you trust DJ, trust him to find the right answer.

If you don't trust him and want another megson..or any manager for that matter, then COG may be the answer.

Personally I am trusting DJ. .....For now at least. lol

DJ is getting the answers wrong at the moment.