The Paradox of Choice

No. He's getting the answers wrong at the moment. I'd like him to start getting them right again and maybe the results will follow.

Be honest.

If you think he is making the wrong player decisions, you cannot think he is the right manager.

I didn't like Megson's player decisions-especially his insistance on picking JOC and COG regardless of results or performances.

They were his favourites and he stuck by them through thick and thin. He used to hold on to JOC like a child holds onto a moldy old security blanket: One of the reasons that as soon as results went against him, I was on his back and wanted him out.

DJ has an ethos and a grand plan. If you don't believe in that then you must want him sacked. You cannot expect them to bend to your ideas on things- if they are not your sort of manager they never will.

Up until he left, we got more points per game with JOC in the team and than when he wasn't...!

FACT

He certainly wasn't our best player, but the team collected more points with him in it.

That's the thing about proper Leadership, it is about assembling the best team to get the best results in the circumstances.

My most effective manager isn't the most qualified.

My most effective Supervisor isn't the most able one in the group.

Up until he left, we got more points per game with JOC in the team and than when he wasn't...!

FACT

He certainly wasn't our best player, but the team collected more points with him in it.

That's the thing about proper Leadership, it is about assembling the best team to get the best results in the circumstances.

My most effective manager isn't the most qualified.

My most effective Supervisor isn't the most able one in the group.

rogersake.

I'm not going over all that again.

What i will say is, picking one factor out of a multitude of factors and attributing a statistic to it is at best fanciful, at worst a deliberate manipulation of the facts to back up a dubious standpoint.

Maybe you believe in the ugly game. I don't. It may get you so far but in the long run- and we are in it to win it long term- it falls on its arse.

Edited by Beholder

Be honest.

If you think he is making the wrong player decisions, you cannot think he is the right manager.

DJ has an ethos and a grand plan. If you don't believe in that then you must want him sacked. You cannot expect them to bend to your ideas on things- if they are not your sort of manager they never will.

Again no.

He is getting things wrong right now. I want him to start getting it right like he did last season. If he doesn't it won't matter what my thoughts are as we know that MM does not tolerate poor form and resulyts indefinitely

JOC was points at the time.

It is possible to be effective now and put plans in place to be more effective in future.

It is possible to manage immediate needs with a short term plan and concurrently be implementing a longer term plan for future success.

There aren't many around like us though beholder my old chum...!

Obviously Reading can do this too...!

My Aunty Jean has a sister called Jean, and her daughter Jean had a baby and called it Jean. To celebrate they all went to a nightclub. When they got there the bouncer said sorry you can't come in.

You're all wearing trainers. :tango:

Milton Jones. Classic