The COG vital in a well running machine

Strength, distribution, presence and this season... Goals...!

Whether coming to collect deep or holding it up top, his distribution is a key attribute.

He can hold it if need be or can drill a simple pass to the strike partner or importantly to the wide men.

He brings JJ and Antonio into the game.

He gives the opposition defence a torrid time and is the first line of our defence.

We may be shipping goals, but he is the only striker this season who looks like scoring as well as creating.

Vital that COG is part of our machine.

Just my humble opinion...!

CHRISSY, CHRISSY O'GRADY...!

Edited by 33

Strength, distribution, presence and this season... Goals...!

Whether coming to collect deep or holding it up top, his distribution is a key attribute.

He can hold it if need be or can drill a simple pass to the strike partner or importantly to the wide men.

He brings JJ and Antonio into the game.

He gives the opposition defence a torrid time and is the first line of our defence.

We may be shipping goals, but he is the only striker this season who looks like scoring as well as creating.

Vital that COG is part of our machine.

Just my humble opinion...!

Rodri's scored

Madine's scored

Maguire not played

Bothroyd's played one game in which we got well beaten.

I think we are being very premature with our predictions.

5 League games in, 9 goals scored.

I don't think this is the biggest problem.

Can't win games without goalscorers...!

Don't see our wide men scoring many when he's not on the pitch.

Get Reda and Buxton back will help at other end as would playing Mattock/Lee in their correct positions or decide just decide on a back four and let them settle. The constant changing can't help.

We stink up top though...

Oh and penalties and tap-ins don't count...!

Guest Sheff Owl

O'Grady should start and fully deserves too.

He has been the best of our strikers so far this season.

Top scorer, along with JJ.

If you have a striker who holds the ball, chases the ball down, brings others into play, scores, put's himself about which O'Grady has done this season, why should he get dropped?

Can't win games without goalscorers...!

Don't see our wide men scoring many when he's not on the pitch.

Get Reda and Buxton back will help at other end as would playing Mattock/Lee in their correct positions or decide just decide on a back four and let them settle. The constant changing can't help.

We stink up top though...

Oh and penalties and tap-ins don't count...!

you cant lose without conceding as well

Guest BoomTownOwls

When will people learn that he is not DJ's plans.

He wasn't good enough for us in League One and we were far better without him.

A couple of cameos as sub against Millwall and Oldham and one worldy goal in an otherwise ineffective performance at Derby and suddenly he should be first name on the teamsheet.

He's more likely to be first out the door when any sort of decent offer comes in.

When will people learn that he is not DJ's plans.

A couple of cameos as sub against Millwall and Oldham and one worldy goal in an otherwise ineffective performance at Derby and suddenly he should be first name on the teamsheet.

It would seem that this is true. He's been the best of our strikers so far this season so if he can't get a game now then it would appear as though he is being frozen out.

Wouldn't say that he should be the first name on the teamsheet but given the performances of the other strikers it is baffling that he can't get a game.

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest BoomTownOwls

Wouldn't say that he should be the first name on the teamsheet but given the performances of the other strikers it is baffling that he can't get a game.

I find it more baffling that people find it baffling.

Football supporters put so much emphasis on just a few games.

Boothroyd played himself into the England squad under DJ. He has played just one match. He is always going to start ahead of COG.

It would seem DJ couldn't believe his luck in getting Rodri. Despite settling into a foreign country he looked the real deal against Brum. He is always going to start ahead of COG.

The subs performance by Madine at Derby and performance against Fulham were at least as good as anything I have seen from COG this season. Added to that he was far better than COG last season.

I am more surprised that DJ has at times preferred COG to Madine and Maguire than I am that he doesn't currently start.

Baffling.

I find it more baffling that people find it baffling.

Football supporters put so much emphasis on just a few games.

Boothroyd played himself into the England squad under DJ. He has played just one match. He is always going to start ahead of COG.

It would seem DJ couldn't believe his luck in getting Rodri. Despite settling into a foreign country he looked the real deal against Brum. He is always going to start ahead of COG.

The subs performance by Madine at Derby and performance against Fulham were at least as good as anything I have seen from COG this season. Added to that he was far better than COG last season.

I am more surprised that DJ has at times preferred COG to Madine and Maguire than I am that he doesn't currently start.

Baffling.

Madine's performances haven't been close to COG's this season. I'd always go for form players over selecting on reputation or past performances. Places should be earned by doing the business when given a chance....... even if this means coming off the bench to do it.

I hope that Rodri proves to be the real deal. Time will be the judge.

I wonder what the players on the fringe feel about their chances of getting a fair crack of the whip and what it does to the spirit of the squad. It will come out in the fullness of time and DJ will stand or fall by his decisions.

Edited by Dagmeister