Nile Ranger

I can't imagine Newcastle want much (if anything) for him. Even though he's young he's from the old Newcastle regime of giving players more than their ability deserved. Newcastle have worked pretty hard to get rid of all of these and replace with them cheaper imports. It's no surprise that the only two from that regime left (to my knowledge) are the two that have absolutely no future at the club, and train away from the squad, and that's Ranger and Xisco. I can only suspect that Ranger and/or his agent wanted too much money, because even if you wanted a full transfer, i think you'd take a loan with view to permanent deal over nothing

I might get shot for saying this but Nile was the right man last year I accept, but I'm really glad he hasn't joined us this year, I just don't think he would fit into this team now, DJ might have been after him at one stage but we have some decent strikers in now like Bothroyd.

He could still end up here though Much will depend on how COG adapts to championship football, at the moment he's doing well but if it proves to be a flash in the pan, I can see DJ again turning to Ranger

Even if COG's form does turn out to be temporary I saw very little when Ranger was with us to indicate that he'd be capable of improving on him.

Three and a half years left on his contract suggests he is far from beeing an idiot .

And when that contract expires and he hasn't established himself with anyone, what then?

Not only is he an idiot, but his agent is letting him down badly by not encouraging a move. Championship football (whether with us or anyone else) would have been the best way to give him regular first team football which would be both in the agents and Nile's interests rather than rotting out of sight. His career is currently stalled and the only way he can get it going again is to play. If neither Nile nor his agent can see this, then they are both idiots.

That having been said we are probably better off without him as he does seem to have an attitude problem.

Edited by Utah Owl