The Importance Of The League Cup

Apart from the fact we won the League Cup quite recently :tango:

Last night's excellent crowd of 14,177 will have brought in some good revenue for us even at the cheapo prices.

Out of 14,177 lets say 25% were concessions at £5 a pop and the rest were paying £10 a pop, this will have brought in around £124048.75 in gate receipts. Let's then say that each person will have spent £4 on merchandise, food etc (probably more than that watching some of the lads down their beers at half time) which is £56708.00. This would have brought to the club approximately £180756.75 for a "crappy" (as some put it) League Cup game.

Now bare in mind, this is more than we have spent on a number of players, M Jones for example. It goes to show the importance of a good cup run and good marketing by SWFC with ticket prices.

The cup draw is tomorrow night, now think of the income if we get Man U/Man C at home with full price tickets!!!!

Sorry if this is boring, just had a spare 5 minutes.

Agree that last night won't have been a gold rush but I agree that the League Cup does have importance for us.

Primarily, for me, just because of all the years we were terrible in the cups; it's nice to restore a bit of a pride to ourselves in these competitions.

Also, whereas it's a drain on some teams, with the competition in our squad, it gives us an opportunity to give certain players a runout.

Like you say, whilst you're still in it, there's always hope of a big tie and a payday.

No matter who draw if an home tie i would expect the club to hold the prices as a way of saying thanks for the support in the hard economic times we are in.If we drew a big club would be great to see kids in for a fiver to see the players they watch on telly