DJ Press Conference

Sounds like loans to me. As long as we have a price agreed as per Rodri deal so we can be in control at the end that's fine by me.

All seems to hint that the Barkley deal is off - I'd suggest we tried to push it through when Lines got injured, and for a longer term than Everton wanted. Just my reading of developments.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Sounds like loans to me. As long as we have a price agreed as per Rodri deal so we can be in control at the end that's fine by me.

All seems to hint that the Barkley deal is off - I'd suggest we tried to push it through when Lines got injured, and for a longer term than Everton wanted. Just my reading of developments.

Barkley was always a player who would be coming after the deadline, which DJ alludes to, so I'm not sure what developments you are reading into.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Where does he hint that the deal is off?

Sheffield Wednesday ‏@swfc

Dave Jones: "James Beattie looked awesome in training today. He's looks like an adonis in the new kit." #swfc

* Completely made up, but if anyone does have a pic of JB in a Wednesday kit, please post

Dave Jones: "I can confirm that James Beattie still hasn't scored despite spending 5 hours a day for the last week practicing his shooting." #swfc

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

And yet in his post match RS interview on tuesday night he said we looked 'fatigued'?

Good point. But I think he was alluding to the fact that we look sharper than other teams. You can look sharp yet still experience physical and mental fatigue- especially when the players have played 2 competitive games in 4 days- for the first time in a while.

I thought we looked leggy in the 2nd half too on Tuesday. Different styles of play and management but we aren't as fit as last season.

As for the other bits, DJ has said any loans we get will come over long term with fee agreed. Everton fans seem to think Barkley will be loaned until Jan only, and we certainly aint going to be agreeing a fee for him.

I don't think the Barkley deal was ever likely to happen until after deadline day when Everton are able to announce their 25 man squad. The loan window re-opens the following week and if it happens then that's when it will.

I don't think we're that desperate for him to come anyway so there's no rush. Obviously Barkley is a tremendous talent, so when we take him whenever the club lets him and for however long they want lol

Got to agree with DJ there too. Against a team with Birminghams quality it was a special half.

Dave Jones: "[Director of Performance] Alex Armstrong has it spot on because we do look very fit" #swfc

DJ: "All the players have been practicising the Mobot, I expect we will score loads on Saturday".

Just made that up like.

Summed-up nicely.

I don't think the Barkley deal was ever likely to happen until after deadline day when Everton are able to announce their 25 man squad. The loan window re-opens the following week and if it happens then that's when it will.

Barkley doesn't have to be named in a 25 man squad as he's under 21. I think we'll be looking at a more long term loan and if that's to happen it has to be in the transfer window.

Dave Jones ended the pre-Milwall press conference with: "I fully expect that we will give those southern Nonces the hiding they deserve both on the field and off it. I have told Jose to put his boot so far up that cnut Henderson's ar5e that he looks like a fookin' Espetada" #swfc #you'llnevergetpastsemedo

Edited by 33