Use for Reda ....

Against a defender of the class of Burke, Reda can be found out somewhat. It is important to have a consistent track back performer with him on the left hand side of the pitch.

Of course Joe Mattock could be brought in eventually. What's the current situation with Mattock?

So, if Reda was on the bench his versitility could be useful. He did well converting to left back from centre half last season. So these two roles are possibles. He could also be chucked on as an extra body in midfield, as you know you are always going to get effort and determination from him.

I believe DJ should keep working on him as a left back, but could he come on in a striker role from the bench? He is great around the area and seems to have a striker's knack of being in the right spot. Could he pull off a Paul Warhurst type role from the bench, or dare I suggest, does anyone imagining him ever starting as a striker??? Maybe in an emergency role, or if he could prove himself for part of a game first? Glad we have him. Thoughts please?

I pointed out he should keep to left back, but he has great versitility which is a bonus. I just see his goal instincts as an option for us. I would not start him in any other postion than left back at this moment in time.

Edited by basegreenowl

....ironically, Reda is a centre back moved to left back...

Lots of defenders move around the back four. It's hardly the same as moving to midfield or up front.

It's not like he's ever looked like a natural in the centre either. It strikes me Plymouth were using him wrong and we found his natural position.

Guest kiltonowl

It depends on who you are playing.....whilst Reda is reasonably quick he accelerates slowly because of his size, against fast tricky wingers such as burke last night he's always losing half a yard which means he is forever tackling from behind in dangerous areas. I think he can do a job against slower opposition but last night showed he will struggle against better quality. Good squad player tho.

Edited by kiltonowl

Good point Kilton'. His lack of accelaration would play against him as a stiker. This was Warhurst's strength. He gets loads of goals inside the box from corners and crosses, so there may be a use for him to come off the bench and stick one in from a corner, or cause problems from long throw-ins. He may be an asset in the last 15 mins if we were ever chasing a game.

Overhall he has done well Sij. He is still rather new to left back. Not been a left back for years and years so it should be worked on more. My point just being he has options for us. These options can help shape who we put on the subs bench.

The only options he should/would/could offer us off the bench are left back or centre half.

With the talent in the squad now DJ will not consider playing him anywhere else and wont need to.

Well I suppose if we were chasing a goal, and Mattock was in the left back spot, we could sacrifice him or one of the centre backs to bring Reda on to try and grab a goal. His goal threat his becoming very useful for us.

Glad to see the squad building, and yes, if possible a striker should replace a striker.