Pre and During Match Superstitions

Guest Woz1867

I forgot about this one. I never bet on anything to do with Wednesday (even if it's for us to lose)

Pete why would you want to bet on us to lose

gary megson

I've got some lucky pink and black hooped socks that I like to wear for matches where we need extra goood fortune.

I open a fresh packet of chewing gum at the start of each half, just before kick off (always a blue packet) and distiribute one each to myself, my mate and his son, whereas my son gets 2 - if anyone can't make the match they are instructed to buy a packet of chewing gum to use at the appropriate time.

when needed extra luck used to wear beany hat I wore to wembly '91. Worked for a while and saved us from relegation once but we've needed so much luck that it's run out! Failed me when we dropped to league 1! I have my phone now thats held together by an elastic band from when it fell out of my pocket, when we scored against pigs at Hillsbrough and came into 3 pieces!!

I don't believe in superstition, however, football has got me so fvcked up that I do follow superstitions for the Owls even though I don't believe in superstition - yes, I know its fvcked up!

Last season, I had a certain pair of boxer shorts and socks that I wore each match. These boxers and socks had seen better days. The boxers were uncomrtable due to the fact that they were at least two sizes too big. The elastic had gone on one of the socks driving me crazy each time I wore them. Both the pants and socks went in the bin after the Wycombe match.

I am going to try not to have any more superstitions as I enjoy the match more when I don't have my rounduns hanging down one leg of my boxers.

Used to have a 'lucky duck' that I bought from Whitby....it was blue glass and about 1 cm long.....tucked it into my beanie hat from then on...its luck started to wear off when we lost 1-0 at Man U in that league cup semi when it all kicked off and I narrowly avoided a good hiding....then the return leg I was in the Middlewood Tavern when a coach load of ManUre fans arrived and it got a bit boisterous...me hat with duck got nicked and was never seen again....the Owls decline started that very same day....blame me!!!

Guest Deleted member

I very rarely use it - as I save it only for very special games - but My Nan used to follow Wednesday everywhere and she has a Wednesday prayer. I used it in the last game against Wycombe (and it worked). It usually does.

"Oh Lord, if its in your power, let Wednesday score in the next quarter of an hour"

I was my dad and his mates lucky charm when I were a kid, we always played well when I got to go, lucky blue briefs when I was a young teenager too.

After a mad night on the sauce back in donny a few years ago I stayed at my parent's house, and woke up up still mashed searching for a change of clothes.. the lucky knickers made an interesting pouch with a delightful pube balcony...

Guest samkirkman

believe it or not, we've never won when i've worn our home shirt to a match.. hence i don't wear one to a match any more

Are you Darren Purse?