Positives for me

We won and alot of teams slipped up including Huddersfield who everyone has rimmed this close season as signing the cream of the crop.

I'd done a bit of that rimming. They weren't full strength but will be interested to see how they do. Quite easy to get into Football Manager mode during pre-season and think you know what it takes to put together a successful side.

I'd done a bit of that rimming. They weren't full strength but will be interested to see how they do. Quite easy to get into Football Manager mode during pre-season and think you know what it takes to put together a successful side.

Yeah they've made some 'decent' signings in my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Norwood is essentially unproven. Leeds fan's deemed Clayton as a 1 in 5 player, Anthony Gerrard for me is solid but not really an accomplished Championship centre half. For me one of their weakest areas was defensively and they haven't strengthened considerably in that position. I'd have replaced 3 out of the 4 in defence and possibly looked into another goalkeeper. Scannell has been off the boil for ages and we've signed Antonio who at the moment is light years ahead of Scannell end product wise.

I don't see anything from them which is greater than what we have. Better striker yes but he's wanting to leave and is also Unproven at this level. No doubt he'll tear it apart but I just don't buy into the hype.

They've signed some decent players but nothing special.

Yeah they've made some 'decent' signings in my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Norwood is essentially unproven. Leeds fan's deemed Clayton as a 1 in 5 player, Anthony Gerrard for me is solid but not really an accomplished Championship centre half. For me one of their weakest areas was defensively and they haven't strengthened considerably in that position. I'd have replaced 3 out of the 4 in defence and possibly looked into another goalkeeper. Scannell has been off the boil for ages and we've signed Antonio who at the moment is light years ahead of Scannell end product wise.

I don't see anything from them which is greater than what we have. Better striker yes but he's wanting to leave and is also Unproven at this level. No doubt he'll tear it apart but I just don't buy into the hype.

They've signed some decent players but nothing special.

Agree 100%

Rhodes will be off before end of this window.

Someone will take a punt in him

Biggest positive for me is that hopefully that first half is a massive kick up the backside that can blow away the pre-season rustiness. We've never been quick starters after pre-season and hopefully this will give us an edge.

If we'd had that start in the league it would have been a disaster. Great to get it out of the way.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

You mean like last season when we finished 2nd?

Totally agree the use of the transfer windows and subsequent signings last year we're significant in our quest for promotion- e.g. Marshall, Antonio, etc,etc.