I have faith in MM & Dj and am going to enjoy the season regardless. Even so, I would like some more signings so we do well and I can enjoy it more.

No idea what that makes me (reaches for tin hat and body armour).

Guest Big Guns

Well f*cking said, Ecclesall. When we're at Cardiff, I'm going to remember we could be at Crewe. At Wolves, could have been Walsall. And Middlesborough instead of MK Dons. Next season's a bonus for me - really wasn't expecting it.

And I'm going to think we should be at old trafford ,anfield the emirates etc ,I won't be happy till were back in the premiership

Even tho I will enjoy all the away day wee wee UPS...

Edited by Big Guns

I don't do faith, I do think we will be OK though. Its a bit weird though, how every thing was related to budget last season as a justification for our league position at various stages, even by gary megson himself. Now according to most, we just don't have the budget of most of our rivals and we are talking about a top half finish. Bizarre

MM raised expectations with his vision for this season, so far it's going to be a bit of a relegation fight IMO... Us fans need the boost of a proper signing that shows our intentions

If his main aim was consolidation than that would have been accepted by EVERYONE but at the moment it seems spin

Guest foreverSWFC

Well f*cking said, Ecclesall. When we're at Cardiff, I'm going to remember we could be at Crewe. At Wolves, could have been Walsall. And Middlesborough instead of MK Dons. Next season's a bonus for me - really wasn't expecting it.

Really? Wow we should never have been in League One in the first place, teams like Cardiff should be the ones looking forward to coming to hillsborough.

IMO, we should be going to Newcastle, Arsenal, Man Utd. This season isn't a bonus, DJ and MM have both stated their ambitions for next season, and I respect that and I'm not going to treat it as a 'bonus'. We should be in the Championship to make a name for ourselves, not just be here for te ride.

Losers mentality. I want us to do well.

Edited by foreverSWFC

I really do (flounce!)

Why do so many folk seem to be incapable of applying a bit of perspective and having a bit of faith in the men that so recently delivered the goods?

WE don't know how much anyone is worth. THEY do.

WE don't know what the finances of the club are. THEY do.

WE haven't experts scanning the county/continent/globe for players. THEY do.

WE don't have years of experience in football. THEY do.

We're all entitled to our opinions and expressing them on a fans forum is clearly the whole point; but statements about how we should've made more progress by now, we should've signed xxx by now, Milan needs to splash the cash, it's not good enough...etc. need to stop. It's all b0ll0x!

I know this is not going to go down well, but it is absolutely imperitive that the good feeling of last season isn't lost because we've all got a bit giddy and allowed our ambitions and capabilities to get mixed up. Let's just feckin enjoy it. Get to the games, sing your heart out, get drunk, have a laugh, win-lose-draw we're all Wednesday aren't we!!!

You despair... Think of all those poor blades :biggrin:

I don't do faith, I do think we will be OK though. Its a bit weird though, how every thing was related to budget last season as a justification for our league position at various stages, even by gary megson himself. Now according to most, we just don't have the budget of most of our rivals and we are talking about a top half finish. Bizarre

I think we'd probably have the budget for as big a money signing as any other team. I think that, however, it does not fit in with the transfer strategy of the club.

I have said it before but it is very possible for another team to buy a "big name player" but for our transfer activity to have been - on the whole - a lot better.

I really do (flounce!)

Why do so many folk seem to be incapable of applying a bit of perspective and having a bit of faith in the men that so recently delivered the goods?

WE don't know how much anyone is worth. THEY do.

WE don't know what the finances of the club are. THEY do.

WE haven't experts scanning the county/continent/globe for players. THEY do.

WE don't have years of experience in football. THEY do.

We're all entitled to our opinions and expressing them on a fans forum is clearly the whole point; but statements about how we should've made more progress by now, we should've signed xxx by now, Milan needs to splash the cash, it's not good enough...etc. need to stop. It's all b0ll0x!

I know this is not going to go down well, but it is absolutely imperitive that the good feeling of last season isn't lost because we've all got a bit giddy and allowed our ambitions and capabilities to get mixed up. Let's just feckin enjoy it. Get to the games, sing your heart out, get drunk, have a laugh, win-lose-draw we're all Wednesday aren't we!!!

6,000 plus tickets sold for the away game at Derby probably indicates that the good feeling isn't lost.

Watching football is not a one-dimensional thing. People will discuss the various aspects of running a football club from the team to the boardroom - its one of the things that makes football interesting.

You correctly point out that many things are unknown but then you ask people to show some perspective. How can people show perspective about things they don't know about? It's impossible.

Let people aire their views - we don't live in Nazi Germany or communist China do we?

Edited by shandypants