Gorka Larrea

Your moaning about not not having a goal threat from midfield then moan we havent gone after Buzsaky who as only scored 30 odd goals in his career.

Unless youve been asleep for 3 months youd know we are trying to sign a certain Reading player who fits your bill.

Why have a hoot when you have never seen this guy play.He may not get 20 goals a season but if he improves our side then he will do for me.

Lets wait till aug18th and see what side our upto now faultless manager puts on to face Derby before we get all negative..

Neither moaning nor, surprisingly, been asleep for the last 3 months. Yep, sign Antonio and that's enough of a goal threat for me. We only need one real goal outlet from midfield. Got one and no more required.

Merely expressing my surprise that after pursuing Norris, a box-to-box midfielder, we now could be after a player whose record suggests he doesn't fit into that category.

Yep, fully support DJ and MM, but my worship doesn't extend to the extent that I won't express an opinion about the type of player that we should be pursuing.

Edited by Juror8

The point is that none of these players have championship where as Harewood does.

This is a tough league and experience is needed

I have only played at North East counties level but i would of buried at least one of the chances the expereinced(well past his best)Harewood missed against Donny

Your moaning about not not having a goal threat from midfield then moan we havent gone after Buzsaky who as only scored 30 odd goals in his career.

Unless youve been asleep for 3 months youd know we are trying to sign a certain Reading player who fits your bill.

Why have a hoot when you have never seen this guy play.He may not get 20 goals a season but if he improves our side then he will do for me.

Lets wait till aug18th and see what side our upto now faultless manager puts on to face Derby before we get all negative..

Also, 30 goals in around 200 games in England is an average of better than 1 in 7. For a midfielder, that constitutes a goal threat.

Neither moaning nor, surprisingly, been asleep for the last 3 months. Yep, sign Antonio and that's enough of a goal threat from me. We only need one real goal outlet from midfield. Got one and no more required.

Merely expressing my surprise that after pursuing Norris, a box-tobox midfielder, we now could be after a player whose record suggests he doesn't fit into that category.

Yep, fully support DJ and MM, but my worship doesn't extend to the extent that I won't express an opinion about the type of player that we should be pursuing.

we miss out on a past his best Norris and sign a up and cumming much sort after 20 yearold attacking midfielder from Rangers i know which player id rather have thanks

we miss out on a past his best Norris and sign a up and cumming much sort after 20 yearold attacking midfielder from Rangers i know which player id rather have thanks

Not really an either or situation is it. Norris was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the division last season, and for a team that was struggling. But, yes, it's right to assume anyone over 30 is past the best. The Premiership has no examples of midfielders going into their thirties and actually doing better than their early twenties.

Guest wilyfox

Not really an either or situation is it. Norris was one of the highest scoring midfielders in the division last season, and for a team that was struggling. But, yes, it's right to assume anyone over 30 is past the best. The Premiership has no examples of midfielders going into their thirties and actually doing better than their early twenties.

i would argue that Scott Parker is a better player now than he was; he is peaking quite late.

It seems ppl are never happy. If we sign young up and coming players that aren't household names we get "what we need is a bit of experience" if we sign experienced players we get "he's passed it, we need some hungry young players with a point to proove" lol I think DJ is getting a good blend of youth and experience. Experienced players haven't always worked our for us. Clinton, Teale, Purse and Miller to name a few

Ive just looked at our recent history and after suffering the likes of Purse and Miller iam more than happy not to be pinning our hopes on a David Norris thanks.

i would argue that Scott Parker is a better player now than he was; he is peaking quite late.

Sarcasm-laden comment. I'm arguing for Norris. I was actually thinking of Parker when made the comment. But Scholes and Lampard also had great years post-30.

Edited by Juror8

Guest wilyfox

What we are lacking now are players who know this division inside-out.

Gardner knows it, Mattock knows it, Harewood knows it (if he joins), Bywater knows it, Prutton knows it, as do JJ and Buxton. how many do we need...?

It seems ppl are never happy. If we sign young up and coming players that aren't household names we get "what we need is a bit of experience" if we sign experienced players we get "he's passed it, we need some hungry young players with a point to proove" lol I think DJ is getting a good blend of youth and experience. Experienced players haven't always worked our for us. Clinton, Teale, Purse and Miller to name a few

Totally agree, need the right balance. However, i think all this 'unproven at this level' business ahs gone way too far.

As was shown when Treacy came in last year the squad was short of technical ability on the ball. We were winning games by sheer effort and will to win.

Dave Jones knows this and is trying to improve this aspect significantly without spending too much money. McGuire is also supposedly a very skilful player as well as the overseas players we bring in. One worry for me is whether we are flexible enough in the system we play to accommodate these players. As we have seen with Pecnik , playing him as a winger in a 442 will not get the best from him and it might be the same with the others.

Also I thought we had signed Lee and Mattock to give us more footballing ability at full back so we can play more from the back. Don't think they have started as a pair yet but hopefully that will be rectifed soon.