Gorka Larrea

Guest wilyfox

As was shown when Treacy came in last year the squad was short of technical ability on the ball. We were winning games by sheer effort and will to win.

Dave Jones knows this and is trying to improve this aspect significantly without spending too much money. McGuire is also supposedly a very skilful player as well as the overseas players we bring in. One worry for me is whether we are flexible enough in the system we play to accommodate these players. As we have seen with Pecnik , playing him as a winger in a 442 will not get the best from him and it might be the same with the others.

Also I thought we had signed Lee and Mattock to give us more footballing ability at full back so we can play more from the back. Don't think they have started as a pair yet but hopefully that will be rectifed soon.

the spelling police have been informed... :happy:

Guest Johnbloodaxe

any Spanish speaking fans wanna go on the numancia forums and ask what he is like???

any Spanish speaking fans wanna go on the numancia forums and ask what he is like???

Si.

Better than saying

"So it's Potter and O'Connor in the middle again?"

It is, but we've moved on from that scenario a long time ago.

I think S_W_F_C makes a good point. The next few signings are crucial and I was hoping we would be getting some players that had "got the t-shirt" so to speak.

Guest foreverSWFC

Staton

Perhaps he'll do a Pecnik and impress straight away.

Or do a Padraig Amond or Adrian Moke,

lol

Not exactly the goal threat from midfield we're looking for. If he signs, hopefully rediscover goalscoring form from early part of career.

Jones normally puts together a "solid centre, threat from the wing" sort of team, doesn't he? I suppose Koumas was an exception, but I seem to remember Cardiff spending all their millions on strikers while DJ was there, not midfield.

Clubs always save the exciting, attacking signings till last, nowt to worry about.

[About his transfer] For the best, not much use for us

Believe the price will be between a pat on the back and a thank you

Hope he goes, must be a nice guy but on the pitch I don't think he has convinced even Machin [manager].

Is that Spanish for 350k?

Why do we need experienced championship players when we are not intending staying there for too long, by definition experienced means they have played there for a while, so possibly they are experienced, but obviously not too succesfull or they would have moved on. What we need is to unearth a few gems who are better than championship level and maybe DJ knows this, hence the crop of signings he has made so far. I have a lot of faith in DJ and MM and cant wait to sit back and enjoy the second part of the ride, remember as GM found to his cost, Mr Mandric does not do failure and has proved very astute so far.

[About his transfer] For the best, not much use for us

Believe the price will be between a pat on the back and a thank you

Hope he goes, must be a nice guy but on the pitch I don't think he has convinced even Machin [manager].

Yeah but do the Spanish know about football :tango: :tango: :tango: