Guest DLHBin

Considering we are trying to add to the CM department, MM/DJ would not accept on offer of less than £1m (maybe more), but as others have said, no-one (except maybe Leicester, or Forest with their new investors) would pay that kind of money when there are other players at similar standards available. Someone may check our resolve with a cheeky £700K bid, but with everyone knowing how key a player he was for us last term, I even doubt that. He should make the step up, thought he bossed the midfield against West Ham in the cup. Another cracking season and I expect some £1.5m+ offers to come in 12 months down the line. That's assuming he signs a new contract, think he only has one year left on his contract...

I personally think he could play in the premiership. Players like Semedo don't look any different playing against better players because all he does is win the ball and play it on... holding the midfield together. Whether that's against premiership or league one teams is irrelevant if you are good enough to win the ball from them, which I think he is.

Compare that to a player who is brought in to score, or provide assists on the wing - they can look better or worse against better or worse opposition.

His value will increase as our league position rises and he consistently does it against the better teams in the division. Will be interesting to see how he plays tonight.

I'd say he's probably worth around £750,000 but if he has a similar season in the Championship to what he had for us in League 1 then the market value link someone posted earlier of 1.1 million wouldn't be far off.

However, he is currently far more valuable than that to SWFC.