Thinking about starting a - FLAG FUND

Guest Go For It Owl

Guest intercity0wl

I can't be bothered / justify the spend on materials to make a flag myself, then get a certificate for it etc.

But happy to chuck in a bit for these lads that have got the time and motivation to do it.

A lot of people only contributing a small amount would soon provide a big fund for some MASSIVE flags.

Agree, and gladly chuck in 20 quid

Guest intercity0wl

If I'm not mistaken I thought Wednesdayite offered to set something up with regards to a flag fund - any developments on that front?

Mmmmm, that offer soon went quiet didn't it.

Guest Go For It Owl

I can't be bothered / justify the spend on materials to make a flag myself, then get a certificate for it etc.

But happy to chuck in a bit for these lads that have got the time and motivation to do it.

A lot of people only contributing a small amount would soon provide a big fund for some MASSIVE flags.

This ^^^^^^

Guest Go For It Owl

I'd like to see all sorts of flags so it looks more like a European ground.

Yep thats the idea but with a British/Wednesday feel to it

How good would it look with a MASSIVE display on the upper west stand with the away supporters in the lower west

Both sides of the North with our flags down the side

The sides of the kop the same

Of course it would look even better if the ground was full of supporters but while its not we can add to the atmosphere

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Will my MCCALLIOG IS GOD Flag do?

Yours and the '79-80 'Wednesday - Div 2 is calling you' would be fantastic.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head Davey.

Lets have a dust off yer old flag bag and get yer flags out for the lads day.

Anyone have a Fred Spiksley for England in their loft?

Guest intercity0wl

"Lets have a dust off yer old flag bag and get yer flags out for the lads day"

OFFICIAL name for it ... get it advertised in programme !

And of course remembering that every dusted off flag Must obtain the appropriate certificate from MR R before such a thing happens.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

And of course remembering that every dusted off flag Must obtain the appropriate certificate from MR R before such a thing happens.

Bring it on.....

SafeCoat FR 31 Fire Retardant Fabric Treatment

Highly effective fire retardant for most water absorptive fabric • Apply by spray, padding or immersion • Tested to meet CAN/CGSB 4.2 27.1MS on 100% cotton, 100% polyester and 65/35 cotton/polyester blend • Does not substantially alter the feel of the fabric • Odorless and colorless • Unlimited industrial and residential uses • Any public place or assembly where fire resistant materials would protect the public and property against fire • Water soluble - will rinse out when material is washed or saturated in water. Re-treat after laundering. • Ready to use liquid form.

Sizes: 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon drums

files.gifPDF files: Tech Data - MSDS - Brochure

The test the flags have to go through isnt that rigorous dont worry Briscoe, was more a case of John Rutherford laying it out on a table, tugging it, getting a lighter out of his desk and making it look like he was going to torch it to sh!t me up , and then saying it was fine.

Nowt too bad. Don think they actually need fire retardant spray on em.

Edited by Eaton_Swfc

Guest intercity0wl

The test the flags have to go through isnt that rigorous dont worry Briscoe, was more a case of John Rutherford laying it out on a table, tugging it, getting a lighter out of his desk and making it look like he was going to torch it to sh!t me up , and then saying it was fine.

Nowt too bad. Don think they actually need fire retardant spray on em.

Have also heard that the test is pretty straight forward,(which it shoukd be) just didn't want people turning up with their long lost flags from the loft, or nicely sewn together Pillow cases and being told by a Geordie in a yella coat, " and wheeeeres that think tha teking that like.

Edited by intercity0wl