Thinking about starting a - FLAG FUND

Guest Go For It Owl

Guest Go For It Owl

But thought I'd get the opinion of the Owlstalk user's first to see if it's worth setting up an account/starting it -

It would be great to see even more flags around Hillsborough not just on the back of the kop etc but giant flags on sticks etc (and yes they are allowed if permission is granted first)

Most of you will know that I am part of the feared 'EAST BANK ULTRAS' :biggrin: and so may think this money will be used to make flags with our name on them ! This will not happen and this money will be used for SWFC flags only

No doubt some might be a bit unsure about where the money will go, but I will provide bank statements (shown on owlstalk on a regular basis) etc. So all contributors can check there donations and also provide receipts for all materials and flags bought.

What do you think ?

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I've still got a MASSIVE stripey one gathering dust with Gary Megsons Barmy Army on it....

Guest Go For It Owl

Somebody been watching the Chelsea and Benfica game tonight?

Nah dint watch it !

some decent flags by the sounds of it ?

I've still got a MASSIVE stripey one gathering dust with Gary Megsons Barmy Army on it....

Lets hope Megsons rolls up at another club that play in Blue & White, you can then sell them your Barmy Army one & throw the cash in the pot for a new one gary megson

Edited by ozziowl74

Guest Go For It Owl

You know you've got my financial backing mate ... :ph34r:

Fedor says he'll chuck a couple of quid in ! He's just PM'd me :tango:

you risk becoming like Chelsea and having everyone having them, if people really want them they will buy them themselves, nice to see you thinking of us fellow owls and trying to improve the atmosphere though. UTO

Deos anybody remember the MASSIVE one we had that Dave Coupe organised, think it had sandersons on it. Mid 90's That flag was awesome, one more of them would do, it really got the crowd going and no doubt is a little intimidatiing.

Guest Go For It Owl

you risk becoming like Chelsea and having everyone having them, if people really want them they will buy them themselves, nice to see you thinking of us fellow owls and trying to improve the atmosphere though. UTO

Well I'm not sure they would buy them themselves !

As everyone knows how difficult it is to get flags into hillsborough etc so most just can't be bothered with all the hassle

Where as we would bother and do it a lot better than Chelsea

The 'This city is ours' flag seemed quite popular and there's plenty more ideas like that in the pipeline

Guest Go For It Owl

Should see how much we can raise and try and get another MASSIVE* one for the North stand

*MASSIVE in size.

Yep the North needs one

Still got some of the black material left !

Thought about some 6 metre by 3 metre letters/numbers down the white seats near to the west stand saying -

S

W

F

C

Top to bottom of the stand

I can't be bothered / justify the spend on materials to make a flag myself, then get a certificate for it etc.

But happy to chuck in a bit for these lads that have got the time and motivation to do it.

A lot of people only contributing a small amount would soon provide a big fund for some MASSIVE flags.

Exactly Neb .

i reckon off the top of my head, if a flag fund was organized and set up on Owlstalk, we would get maybe 50 members giving on average £10 each (some less, some more) . Soon adds up and once people start seeing what weve either bought with their money, or made with their money, then i guess more people would donate also ?