Can we stop embarrassing ourselves please?

Don't have a problem with the OP to be honest. The grunters have got a good side, but so they bloody well should have with a 15 million wage bill.

Also, let's not forget that they were one of the clubs objecting to the new rules re wages and turnover which meant that the implementation of it got put back a season. When you take this into account they have manipulated the situation to stack the odds in their favour for promotion and that is a very good reason to wish them all the worst.

The bitterness is brilliant, I can almost taste it :biggrin:

You are right Congo, there is bitterness here, but you know full well it runs on both sides of the city. In your case it is nearly 3,000 posts worth of bitterness now!

Guest Sheffield_Wednesday

They're going to be up in Arms when they fail to go up this season.

They may as well give up, they'll never win anything.

They're just a poor mans Barnsley.

Having a player who is as effective at taking chances as Ched is, it helps the team to no end. I remember a season for my amateur team, we were a pretty average side, but one season we had a lad who was a former Toon academy player come and play for us that season. He scored something ridiculous like 40 goals and we were promoted. Not only did he get 60 goals, but two or three of us got between 15 and 25 each too, because we had less pressure on us, he created more chances from being better than everyone else and it gave everyone a lift. Prior to that I dont think anyone in our team scored more than 15-20 a season.

When he left we reverted to type and struggled in the league above. If you had looked at our stats that season then it would look like we were more than a one man team but in reality we pretty much were. I know its odd comparing this grass roots football to the professional game, but I think the same principles apply. I reckon some of United's players have benefitted in the same way, just as some of ours did last season when Mellor was banging them in, Miller got 10? How many this season for Huddersfield?

Wednesday have been less impressive in the goal scoring stakes but when the pressure is on we have a number of players who have got us the result. United pretty much every week rely on Evans to get them on their way.

The bitterness is brilliant, I can almost taste it :biggrin:

Bitterness is something you lot have been cosy with for the last 27 years. As long as I can remember.

There is only 2 points in it remember. You were supposedly "light years ahead of us" a few years ago, looking at the bigger picture here, whos got more reason to be bitter?

Sir Tom Knickerbockerglory is a good player, too good for this level, but your team and its ability to perform does rely on him more than we do on someone like Madine in my opinion for the reasons I put above.

But that's like saying if Barcelona didn't have Messi they wouldn't be as good. Stupid comment as they do have him. United are were they are because they deserve to be. If we catch them then fantastic. If not then they will have well and we will have to go up via the play-offs which we are very capable of doing.

Have to say I agree with you there Beef. Surely the object of any team would be to have a main striker? Just as Huddersfield do, just as other teams have in the past. Yes its mentioning a different level in the same breath but they are common examples that can all understand - Shearer at Newcastle, Rooney at Man Utd. Having a main striker is just a part of building a side is it not?

Guest Big Guns

Was it on derby day the grunters were summat like 8 points clear of us with 2,games in hand

That just shows we will catch them..

Have to say I agree with you there Beef. Surely the object of any team would be to have a main striker? Just as Huddersfield do, just as other teams have in the past. Yes its mentioning a different level in the same breath but they are common examples that can all understand - Shearer at Newcastle, Rooney at Man Utd. Having a main striker is just a part of building a side is it not?

Some are more reliant than others though, City lose Aguero but they still have Tevez and Balotelli to pick up the pieces.

Was it on derby day the grunters were summat like 8 points clear of us with 2,games in hand

That just shows we will catch them..

^^^^

This!

Did you not get many cuddles when you were a baby?

Nurse slapped his face when he was born apparently.

Guest ken bates 2nd team

"1 man team" and "lucky" are quote frankly ridiculous.

Theres no luck in this game, and the pigs are the highest scorers in the rumbleing football league, hardly relying on 1 man like Rhodesfield

And I read "he dived backwards"?! WHAT?! Hahahaa!

At the end of the day we have to keep winning, and put the pressure on

Don't be sour just cos they're winning, we're better than that.

A well thought out post and very refreshing on here.

If anyone posts anything negative or a post with a reasoned argument they are either a pig or a sleeper cell.

What is the average age of posters on here Really???

The lad evans is one of the best players in this league FACT.

Lets boast about our strengths and positives rather than being a laughing stock because of some silly abusive "behind the door posters"

If anyone posts anything negative or a post with a reasoned argument they are either a pig or a sleeper cell.

Lets boast about our strengths and positives rather than being a laughing stock because of some silly abusive "behind the door posters"

Who's disuputed that though? Its United pretending that they arent reliant on him which is the point which is being discussed.

You have a point, but if all posts on here were sensible it would be the most boring forum going.

With all respect, not many can match up to City can they? Especially in our division!! :biggrin:

lol

No, but its an example of a team not being reliant on one player to dig them out of a hole. Even Man U were far to reliant on Ronaldo for a time, their whole game plan was set up to remain solid and give him the ball.

Just as we were with Carbone and Di Canio.