Jason Koumas

Didn't he play under jones at Cardiff?

He did, twice I believe. Performed very well for them apparrently.

Koumas would be extremely unfit going into the back end of the season, add that to the fact his attitude is all over the shop. Quality player don't get me wrong, but his level of application was appauling.

Guest wilyfox

Dave Jones isn't daft enough to rock the boat too much with JK, however, I do think he will be bringing in a few more additions, any ideas who they might be?

i'm not so sure he will. i think he'll work at getting more out of what he already has. last night's performance and result was an encouraging start (but only a start). two of our strikers are back on the goal-trail. the midfield looks more balanced and more accomplished on the ball. i don't think we need major surgery.

Dave Jones isn't daft enough to rock the boat too much with JK, however, I do think he will be bringing in a few more additions, any ideas who they might be?

Would be nice to see a proper playmaker in, now as its clear we wanna play through midfield rather than over it.

Not that Lines is a bad player, as he can have good performances like yesterday. Just someone with a bit more quality and more goal threat.

Would be nice to see a proper playmaker in, now as its clear we wanna play through midfield rather than over it.

Not that Lines is a bad player, as he can have good performances like yesterday. Just someone with a bit more quality and more goal threat.

I agree with this.

He did, twice I believe. Performed very well for them apparrently.

Koumas would be extremely unfit going into the back end of the season, add that to the fact his attitude is all over the shop. Quality player don't get me wrong, but his level of application was appauling.

One of THE great wasted talents due to his own fault. Had two great seasons at our either side of his Cardiff loan then just threw he's career away. Still one of the most most talented players seen at The Hawthorns in 20yr in my opinion

Edited by Guest

Fanhouse isn't always right, but he's heard rumours that we're after the Irish keeper, Stephen Henderson from Portsmouth. And Staton says he was talking to Koumas' agent recently, and got the impression Koumas isn't too bothered about playing again at the moment.

One of THE great wasted talents due to his own fault. Had two great seasons at our either side of his Cardiff loan then just threw he's career away. Still one of the most most talented players seen at The Hawthorns in 20yr in my opinion

THE GREATEST player I've ever seen in the years I've been going up. I know the likes of Peter Odemwingie, Chris Brunt and Zoltan Gera ooze class, there was just something about Koumas which made him unique to everybody else. Steven Gerrard mentions Koumas in his book, says he was the best of the lot of them coming through as kids insofar as talent goes, but wasn't really interested in the hard work side of the game. Sums him up really.

Had he applied himself correctly, and actually had a bit of work ethic for his team mates who knows where his career could of ended up.

Fanhouse isn't always right, but he's heard rumours that we're after the Irish keeper, Stephen Henderson from Portsmouth. And Staton says he was talking to Koumas' agent recently, and got the impression Koumas isn't too bothered about playing again at the moment.

Its probably best If he doesn't come because 2007 is a long time ago in football and thats the last time he was good for us. I think he went back to Cardiff before Wigan, so Nugent would be better placed to say how he there in the second half of the decade

THE GREATEST player I've ever seen in the years I've been going up. I know the likes of Peter Odemwingie, Chris Brunt and Zoltan Gera ooze class, there was just something about Koumas which made him unique to everybody else. Steven Gerrard mentions Koumas in his book, says he was the best of the lot of them coming through as kids insofar as talent goes, but wasn't really interested in the hard work side of the game. Sums him up really.

Had he applied himself correctly, and actually had a bit of work ethic for his team mates who knows where his career could of ended up.

Our Championship winning Season Koumas, SKP and Joe were all immense, but Koumas run it all. I agree with what you've said. I just understand how someone that talented can seemingly self destruct and not care? :ohmy: :ohmy: