Seeing Hillsborough full makes me think about what could be

Whenever Hillsborough is full I start dreaming about seeing 30,000 Wednesday fans watching us ever week - then we see 16k in the next home game.

Makes me think our destiny is ultimately in our own hands - forgot MM throwing more money at us - if we step up to the plate we can make this club great again.

If just 4,000 of those extra fans turned up to every home game at an average of £20 each there would be another £1,840,000 in the player budget. That is just short of four quality players on £10k a week each

Maybe I should just accept we are destined to be at best a run of the mill Championship club at best and stop dreaming about us making a real difference???

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Guest Big Guns

It proves if we ever got in the prem I bet for some games we could do with a 50 000 seater

But who wants to watch us play yeovil and wycombe 16 000 good in this division.

It proves if we ever got in the prem I bet for some games we could do with a 50 000 seater

But who wants to watch us play yeovil and wycombe 16 000 good in this division.

A fan base which wants the club to succeed?

Man City seemed to do it not that long ago, remember their crowds in this league?

Guest Big Guns

A fan base which wants the club to succeed?

Man City seemed to do it not that long ago, remember their crowds in this league?

We've had more misery than them

Last time in this division we averaged 26000

Or summat but people can only take so much

I stand by 16 to 17k is good in this division.

a vicous circle though isn't ,though it would be brilliant , the extra fans won't come unless we are playing well , verses the players we need to make ourselves play well every week ,

one kind of cancels the other pot i'm afraid

You're right - crying shame to see it though, we could really be a force to be reckoned with. With the money and atmosphere we could go along way.

I think the state of the economy is the biggest factor. I'd been to every home game this season (cup & league) when I've not been working, the exception being Stevenage, and the only reason I didn't go to that one was I had £4 in the bank. I was gutted to miss it but after an expensive day and evening out for the yeovil & blackpool matches the week before the money runs out.

Hopefully a few lost fans who came back on Sunday will have been reminded about what Sheffield Wednesday is all about, and will return again to a couple more games this season.

At the end of the day, playing against small clubs with next to no support isn't appealing to the floaters. We need to get promoted, and we need a team that is doing OK.

Until then, we should all just keep doing what we can to encourage people to get to Hillsborough.

We've lost 2 games at home all season, so they've got good odds of seeing Wednesday get a result!

Yeah, cus all money took in on the gates goes towards transfer budget... :wacko:

Christ. A large chunk of it after some increased costs would clearly be available to improve our playing squad, in particular player wages rather than transfer fees - what's your point???

Edited by RichSheffWeds