Executive boxes

Guest allwednesday

I think an Organisation that does something for Charity is a fantastic idea, I have been saying for me Wednesdayite maybe needs a makeover and people can continue doing good work for the Community, I think that Organisation should be linked to the future and not the past and all the Legal and Political wranglings. I guess people like me still link Wednesdayite to those dark days and always will.

But people like you, who link to the past, hold Wednesdayite back. There are new faces on the board compared to the Allen days. OK, some remain, but there is new blood. What will it take for you to forget?

I think an Organisation that does something for Charity is a fantastic idea, I have been saying for me Wednesdayite maybe needs a makeover and people can continue doing good work for the Community, I think that Organisation should be linked to the future and not the past and all the Legal and Political wranglings. I guess people like me still link Wednesdayite to those dark days and always will.

Wednesayite may have been born out of those "dark days" mate...but what and who caused the bloody bad weather..../....Do you honestly think that any "proper" Wednesday fan could walk away and put money into a rival club?...could walk away from Hillsborough and shout for another team?...nah lapsed Owls fans simply don' go...they would never go anywhere else

Guest contango

But people like you, who link to the past, hold Wednesdayite back. There are new faces on the board compared to the Allen days. OK, some remain, but there is new blood. What will it take for you to forget?

Rebrand it, at the end of the day MASSIVE change is underway now is a great time to change Wednesdayite. The majority of Fans are not members and I can assure you they do not understand what went on and never will. You can ignore me and think I am just a wee pipe but you will struggle to grow the membership until people understand that the organisation simply does good things for charity and Wednesday Supporters. Think we have had this chat before lol

Guest contango

Wednesayite may have been born out of those "dark days" mate...but what and who caused the bloody bad weather..../....Do you honestly think that any "proper" Wednesday fan could walk away and put money into a rival club?...could walk away from Hillsborough and shout for another team?...nah lapsed Owls fans simply don' go...they would never go anywhere else

Agree totally!!! We are saying the same thing from different ends. You cannot change perception so you have to adapt to it.

That's all well and good mate as some one with a sense if humour can I ask you a question

Is it a bad thing winding people up on here?

Its hardly a promble mate....it all adds to the fookin' boilin' pot o porridge that is Owlstalk....

(i did not neg you for that....to simply annoy the f ck outta ya lol)

Edited by asteener1867

Guest contango

You simply couldn't imagine.

And furthermore, it is irrelevant.

I know you are a bullshyter now, only those people use status as a last refuge. Met em all my life.

**** me, I can smell it from down here.

I didnt refer to my status actuallly read back as it is, it is irrelevant. But i have not come on here playing Billy Big testicles someone said they remembered me from before, believe what you want. I dont know you and can see you are sensitive about your status in life, no worries

Edited by contango

I have been saying for me Wednesdayite maybe needs a makeover and people can continue doing good work for the Community, I think that Organisation should be linked to the future and not the past .

Do it then. Join and save us.

Seriously. I've been waiting for this second coming.

First Bills was my Guardian Angel, and now you. All in one lifetime.

You'll get my vote, Sir Fred.

At least the UDM actually did something ( badly) .

Guest contango

Do it then. Join and save us.

Seriously. I've been waiting for this second coming.

First Bills was my Guardian Angel, and now you. All in one lifetime.

You'll get my vote, Sir Fred.

At least the UDM actually did something ( badly) .

I think your beliefs and politics are very much at the opposite end of the spectrum to mine to be honest. I can tell you I would never consider bunking off work with all my mates to get pissed leaving my Employer in the poo poo to pick up the tab.

I didnt refer to my status actuallly read back as it is, it is irrelevant. But i have not come on here playing Billy Big testicles someone said they remembered me from before, believe what you want. I dont know you and can see you are sensitive about your status in life, no worries

My status is Grade 1 seriously.

From the Cross, to a Miner to my current status.

So what, all are equally relevant and of merit.

Wednesdayite is democratic and a meritocracy from what I can gather.

Six boadrooms?

Wow, impressed with that Sir Fred.

Trouble is, a rebrand wont work if its the same people at the helm. Surely your problem is with the people who took what you see as unforgivable actions during the allen era. I dont see anyone hammering down the doors to replace the current board, and if you start again with a new election, but bar the current or past board members from standing you're starting on rocky ground with an us and them scenario from the off.

Unless a rebrand would erase the 'mistakes' of the past. In which case, why not just accept that times have changed?

My next argument invokes Godwin so I'm hoping you see where I'm coming from here.

I think your beliefs and politics are very much at the opposite end of the spectrum to mine to be honest. I can tell you I would never consider bunking off work with all my mates to get pissed leaving my Employer in the poo poo to pick up the tab.

Wouldn't you?

I lived a life in the mines and it was wonderful.

It was a great education - no regrets whatsoever.

Made me what I am today.

Proud to come off the Cross too.

But FairPlay, I could never sit on a boardroom, Fred.

Guest contango

Trouble is, a rebrand wont work if its the same people at the helm. Surely your problem is with the people who took what you see as unforgivable actions during the allen era. I dont see anyone hammering down the doors to replace the current board, and if you start again with a new election, but bar the current or past board members from standing you're starting on rocky ground with an us and them scenario from the off.

Unless a rebrand would erase the 'mistakes' of the past. In which case, why not just accept that times have changed?

My next argument invokes Godwin so I'm hoping you see where I'm coming from here.

But if the Organisation wasnt called Wednesdayite and wasnt run as a clique but maybe more in tune and in line with the Club but was simply its charitable arm then people would embrace it. To be fair the publicityy and alot of it negative from the past will never be forgotten and will always be associated with Wednesdayite, what do other clubs do? Surely there are similar organisations? Wednesdayite for many was politically motivated for it now to be charitbly motivated is a big change and unfortunately what you are doing now isnt headline news what you did in the past was, not casting aspersions telling what my perspective is as a bystander

Guest contango

Wouldn't you?

I lived a life in the mines and it was wonderful.

It was a great education - no regrets whatsoever.

Made me what I am today.

Proud to come off the Cross too.

But FairPlay, I could never sit on a boardroom, Fred.

I lived for 21 years on the Cross and went to Chaucer School im proud of my roots too but I dont feel the need to highlight it lol

Funny I still have alot to do with Mining not in this Country of course.

Edited by contango

I lived for 21 years on the Cross and went to Chaucer School im proud of my roots too but I dont feel the need to highlight it lol

Funny I still have alot to do with Mining not in this Country of course.

Sorry, 11 Boards you sit on. That was an anxious parade of status.

Means **** all to me.

But can't afford a fiver to Wednesdayite, to legitimise your moaning?

You do make me laugh Fred.

But I must say I am very impressed.

I wish we could have you as Chairman.

If you want something doing, find a busy man?

By the way Fred, my monitor has now gone off the scale.