how many times can we afford to lose for auto promotion?

sorry for being abit geeky, i'm abit bored :unsure:

so far.... played 22 lost 5

on average 1st place can afford to lose 7 times

on average 2nd place can afford to lose 9 times

in conclusion (season form to date) I think we'll sneak runners up spot!

2010/11

1st lost 7

2nd lost 10

2009/10

1st lost 9

2nd lost 10

2008/09

1st lost 4

2nd lost 9

2007/08

1st lost 8

2nd lost 8

2006/07

1st lost 7

2nd lost 11

2005/06

1st lost 10

2nd lost 11

2004/05

1st lost 6

2nd lost 12

(swfc lost 12 but promoted)

2003/04

1st lost 8

2nd lost 7

2002/03

1st lost 4

2nd lost 10

2001/02

1st lost 6

2nd lost 8

2000/01

1st lost 9

2nd lost 9

1999/00

1st lost 7

2nd lost 8

Guest pembo55

Good info for all the doom and gloom merchants on here for them to get a grip then as were on course still. We have played 22 and lost 5 and were complaining god last year we nearly had roger all.

if he continues with these negative tactics,we won't even have to worry about the play offs

what negative tactics? Bringing on Clinton?

think this year is different as there are 4 or 5 good teams battling for 2nd spot - us, united, hudds, MK + the usual late come from nowhere team

I think this is true. I think the total points needed to get promoted will be lower as a result of closer competition.

Guest cypress hill

what negative tactics? Bringing on Clinton?

I think this is true. I think the total points needed to get promoted will be lower as a result of closer competition.

sat back for nearly all the flippinggame.asking for trouble,and we got it

Guest cypress hill

sat back, or were forced back due to lack of communication / organisation with bywater and jones out?

if we try'd to score a second goal and kill a team off your points would be irelevent.but i can see where your coming from.when i first saw the keeper,i had high hopes for him.changed my opinion now.he's not good enough

Hasn't Megson said we are looking for a 2 point per game average?

At the start of yesterdays game we were ahead of that at 2.04 points per game, after it we are at 1.95.

Keep the faith lads and lasses, lets see how we respond game at a time and see what happens in the transfer market.

January is always a crazy month.

also to be taken into account is the ratio of wins , for example if we win at Preston it will be better than two draws , also if we had drawn yesterday most of the Drama queens would not have been so vocal .

If someone had offered me 2 pts a game average when we reached Christmas i would have ripped their arm off .

Edited by hugeowl

Guest Willyowl

Hasn't Megson said we are looking for a 2 point per game average?

At the start of yesterdays game we were ahead of that at 2.04 points per game, after it we are at 1.95.

Keep the faith lads and lasses, lets see how we respond game at a time and see what happens in the transfer market.

January is always a crazy month.

We're rumbled then

Edited by Willyowl

O'Donnell has to go (somewhere) to learn his trade as he's making too many mistakes. Need Bywater back ASAP! Lonee's have to be signed permanently or let go. We need a defensive coach urgently to teach them how to defend leads. I don't know if Meggy is teaching them, but it's not working. NFL has coaches for all positions and that's what we need. A midfielder in the mould of Sheridan would be great as we seem to lack creativity and rely too much on set-pieces and long balls, but that is Megson's traits. Just ma thoughts!

O'Donnell has to go (somewhere) to learn his trade as he's making too many mistakes. Need Bywater back ASAP! Lonee's have to be signed permanently or let go. We need a defensive coach urgently to teach them how to defend leads. I don't know if Meggy is teaching them, but it's not working. NFL has coaches for all positions and that's what we need. A midfielder in the mould of Sheridan would be great as we seem to lack creativity and rely too much on set-pieces and long balls, but that is Megson's traits. Just ma thoughts!

Agree with that bit.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Last year at the 20 game stage Brighton were considered uncatchable - they had 36 points.

We were second on 33 points [before the Exeter debacle].

Until yesterday Charlton had 48 points and we had ten points more than we had last year.

Anyone of the four chasing Charlton have a chance at the moment.

It won't be down to the number of losses - it will be about how many wins.

As long as we win - draw only a few, the losses can be 11, 12 or more.

Last year at the 20 game stage Brighton were considered uncatchable - they had 36 points.

We were second on 33 points [before the Exeter debacle].

Until yesterday Charlton had 48 points and we had ten points more than we had last year.

Anyone of the four chasing Charlton have a chance at the moment.

It won't be down to the number of losses - it will be about how many wins.

As long as we win - draw only a few, the losses can be 11, 12 or more.

THIS!!

I'd much rather us win 5 lose 1 and continue in that fashion. Draws are rubbish for the most part.

Not sure if Bywater is the answer as I'm not over impressed from what I've seen. Not sure about a defensive coach surely we have enough with what we've got. One things for sure we can't continue to throw games away when already won.

Not sure if Bywater is the answer as I'm not over impressed from what I've seen. Not sure about a defensive coach surely we have enough with what we've got. One things for sure we can't continue to throw games away when already won.

That's my point. We are rubbish holding leads. Therefore, what we have is just not good enough.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

That's my point. We are rubbish holding leads. Therefore, what we have is just not good enough.

1 defeat in 2 months is a joke! More of the same will see us go up but massive test on Saturday have to win.