defence

Guest leg-end-ary

Thought we'd turned a corner after not losing to two of the top sides, then we get hammerered at Stevenage!

Your quite right though we can't conceed this many and expect promotion.

Games weve won i haven't been impressed by take MK Dons for example at 2-1 we poo'd our pants and ROD pulled off a fantastic save!

Missed the county game at home but the other games the oppostion have had dominating spells, even V Rochdale every body said we controlled the game but i saw two very strong 15 mins spells by them putting us on the back foot! They hit the post at 1-0 that could have changed the result if that had gone in!

Worst of all weve have two defensive midfielders in Semedo and Prutton yet still conceed loads! Prutton has a licence to get forward but often sits back for me a more attacking midfielder and let attack be the best form of defence by controlling the game further up the field. We need a different centre half, I think loaning Beevers may have been a mistake because I dont want 1 or 2 callamities a game Reda Johnson in the side! Although Beever can make the odd mistake he is fairly steady and consistent he just needs to stop hoofing the ball, Batth seems to always do this now.

Edited by leg-end-ary

Guest TonyOwl88

league games played 8

clean sheets 1

conceded 14

average conceded per game 1.75

so much for best defence in the league

It isn't what we signed up for. I think you can highlight a number of players that play pretty well one week and then suck the next. Not sure what Bennett was doing last night.... and Batth isn't the same player we had last season. For me I'd put Reda Johnson in for the next game, and Kasnick at left back. We can't just accept that THAT is our best defensive line-up.

Very disappointed in the defense.

Whilest the defending at times is shocking where is the midfield helping out or to more of a degree why haven't we got the ball for more than 10 seconds, we seem to just hoof it from the back hope something happens eg a corner if not get ready for the next wave of attacks on the defence

The problem is, megson's answer to this will proabably be to go 4-5-1 and try and make us even more defensive.

The best form of defense is to attack the ball all over the pitch and retain possession when we have it.

The complete opposite of what we are doing.

Prutton just doesn't play well away from home for us.

Semedo and Lines would be my option away from home, with Palmer on the right and Marshall on the left.

I'd even consider JJ on the left and Palmer on the right for balance once JJ's served his ban.

I honestly think we have some good options for midfield. It just hasn't clicked there yet. Possibly down to a fair bit of swapping and changing as well.