Megson confirms LuaLua talks

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Taken from the Star's website

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are having talks with former Newcastle and Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua.

A free agent after leaving Cypriot club Omonia, the 30-year-old watched the Owls match against Sflaphorpe from the directors’ box.

Manager gary megson confirmed yesterday: “We’re just having talks with him to see if we can come to an agreement. That’s as far as it’s gone.

“Milan [Mandaric] knows him from his time at Portsmouth. We’re seeing if we can agree something that suits both parties but that hasn’t happened yet.”

The Owls missed out on Adam Le Fondre as the Rotherham striker joined Reading.

“That’s diappointing, but we move on elsewhere,” said Megson. “We wish Alf all the best at Reading and I’m sure he’ll be a success.”

LuaLua, a Congolese international known for his goal celebration of backward somersaults, came to England as a youngster and started out at Colchester.

Bobby Robson bought him for Newcastle for £2.25m in 2000, and Harry Redknapp took him to Portsmouth for £1.75m in 2004 after a three-month loan.

He moved to Greek club Olympiakos for £2m-plus in 2007 and has played in Qatar.

Megson refuses to name possible alternatives but the Owls, who made a bid for an undisclosed striker last week when they also tried for Le Fondre, could still be tracking Preston’s Neil Mellor and Norwich’s Cody McDonald, while Matt Tubbs of League Two side Crawley may be a fresh target, as the club try to sign a striker before the deadline on Wednesday.

Tubbs has scored four goals this season and has attracted the attention of League clubs after being prolific in non-League football, with Salisbury and with Crawley, for whom he hit 40 goals in 47 appearances last season as they won promotion from the Conference,

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Really? When there's 2 other LuaLua thread?

It's ALF all over again.... :rolleyes:

Sorry Eccy Owl, didn't realise we were running out of space! I thought it was in interesting report that was worth sharing!

Were all Wednesday aren't we?

Guest D.J.Nick1212

I had a quick look but it was every one supposing , this was the first I saw of anything confirming anything!

In hindsite, maybe it should have been on the other post? ;-\

Guest BoomTownOwls

Aye but just check the other threads and you might see what you were going to post.

try viewing this website abroad on your I-phone!!!!

Thank God people are starting new threads.

It took me 30 minutes to try and find out the lateston the ALF thread before I gave in.

You try clicking next page 50 times, waiting 30 seconds for the page to load and you might be glad of new threads.

Why can't I justcluck on the last page??? :-(

It took me 30 minutes to try and find out the lateston the ALF thread before I gave in.

You try clicking next page 50 times, waiting 30 seconds for the page to load and you might be glad of new threads.

It can be difficult on the phone, are you using the "mobile version" on the themes at the bottom.

+1 it's terrible

Taken from the Star's website

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are having talks with former Newcastle and Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua.

A free agent after leaving Cypriot club Omonia, the 30-year-old watched the Owls match against Sflaphorpe from the directors' box.

Manager gary megson confirmed yesterday: "We're just having talks with him to see if we can come to an agreement. That's as far as it's gone.

"Milan [Mandaric] knows him from his time at Portsmouth. We're seeing if we can agree something that suits both parties but that hasn't happened yet."

The Owls missed out on Adam Le Fondre as the Rotherham striker joined Reading.

"That's diappointing, but we move on elsewhere," said Megson. "We wish Alf all the best at Reading and I'm sure he'll be a success."

LuaLua, a Congolese international known for his goal celebration of backward somersaults, came to England as a youngster and started out at Colchester.

Bobby Robson bought him for Newcastle for £2.25m in 2000, and Harry Redknapp took him to Portsmouth for £1.75m in 2004 after a three-month loan.

He moved to Greek club Olympiakos for £2m-plus in 2007 and has played in Qatar.

Megson refuses to name possible alternatives but the Owls, who made a bid for an undisclosed striker last week when they also tried for Le Fondre, could still be tracking Preston's Neil Mellor and Norwich's Cody McDonald, while Matt Tubbs of League Two side Crawley may be a fresh target, as the club try to sign a striker before the deadline on Wednesday.

Tubbs has scored four goals this season and has attracted the attention of League clubs after being prolific in non-League football, with Salisbury and with Crawley, for whom he hit 40 goals in 47 appearances last season as they won promotion from the Conference,

lifted from OT guaranteed :rolleyes:

Guest D.J.Nick1212

It can be difficult on the phone, are you using the "mobile version" on the themes at the bottom.

Yeah, I'm using my iPhone too!