Madine was on the pitch today?

The top goal tally strikers minus the ones of the teams that have gone up, then the best striker at Sflaphorpe and Preston probably brings up the total better than him to over ten,

Im not effing about making a list but i posted the top strikers earlier in the thread and Madine was 13th down,

Wright-Phillips

Cureton (Not as good as Madine)

Rhodes

Bowditch (Not as good as Madine)

Hughes

Hume

There's a list of strikers that scored more than Madine last season and are still in this league and Ian Hume because he's PNE best striker.

Sflaphorpes strikers aren't better than Madine.

So that's 4?

The top goal tally strikers minus the ones of the teams that have gone up, then the best striker at Sflaphorpe and Preston probably brings up the total better than him to over ten,

Im not effing about making a list but i posted the top strikers earlier in the thread and Madine was 13th down,

rephrase it - name ten strikers we could sign instead of Mellor. IE ones we have a decent shout of getting. that are any better.

Wright-Phillips

Cureton (Not as good as Madine)

Rhodes

Bowditch (Not as good as Madine)

Hughes

Hume

There's a list of strikers that scored more than Madine last season and are still in this league and Ian Hume because he's PNE best striker.

Sflaphorpes strikers aren't better than Madine.

So that's 4?

Ok, I'm actually converted, I cannot argue with that, i take it brighton and southampton had 2 or 3 up there each plus Mackail smith with his million goals,

He was still absent for most the match yesterday though which is where the thread came from

rephrase it - name ten strikers we could sign instead of Mellor. IE ones we have a decent shout of getting. that are any better.

Fair point...

Guest Sheff Owl

Madine is 20 years old....if he could control every ball, win every header...he would not be with us!!

People are entitled to their opinions but i think people do nit pick and look for things to pick on.

Madine is a good player, he is NOT Championship standard and we all know that, he has a lot of improving to do and has time on his side.

Like i have said both he and Mellor looked like they could not be bothered in some parts last season but maybe that's just them....if they did not care/give a poo poo would Megson be playing them?

Fuckinell,

I'm taking a right panning here, after the match I was not at all impressed, I was proper pissed and I decided to vent my frustration at his what i thought was a very poor match,

Now im cornered into slagging him off when i think he is a decent striker but i honestly think he should be a third choice striker,

And he really needs to boost his work rate, a striker who gets 20 league goals chases everything down, finds space when there is none, and never misses a sitter,

Look, yesterday he seemed far too relaxed for me, and if you look at the match threads for rovrum and worksop plenty of posters said he lacked effort, take a look,

Also that we lacked attacking quality, Morrison and Madine will not get the goals we need, maybe Mellor and Madine could work but ideally i'd want Mellor and COG or Mellor and Hoskins, with Madine being a sub,

I think we need to starting eleven strikers we know will get 20 goals like soton had, two work horses is what i want,

Madine will get 12-14 league goals i reckon,

If we are not getting two first team strikers then i hope he gets 25 league goals and you get to rub my face in it and he does too, i really do,

Lee Peacock & James Quinn are not going to get us promoted.........wait a minute lol

Madine is 20 years old....if he could control every ball, win every header...he would not be with us!!

People are entitled to their opinions but i think people do nit pick and look for things to pick on.

Madine is a good player, he is NOT Championship standard and we all know that, he has a lot of improving to do and has time on his side.

Like i have said both he and Mellor looked like they could not be bothered in some parts last season but maybe that's just them....if they did not care/give a poo poo would Megson be playing them?

It's a bit like JJ. People moan about his delievery/end product & Stamina. If he had all that he would have had 10 years in the premiership. The majority of players are going to have flaws in their game that no matter how hard they work on them they will not improve as a player.

Madine is stil young enought to improve though.

He's 20 years old ffs.

He is very raw, but clearly has potential.

Not sure why people are expecting him to be some sort of world beater.

The season hasn't even started, yet, quite amazing, some people are already writing a player off!

Guest Triplej2

He's 20 years old ffs.

He is very raw, but clearly has potential.

Not sure why people are expecting him to be some sort of world beater.

The season hasn't even started, yet, quite amazing, some people are already writing a player off!

The question is - Is he gonna be good enought o lead the line in a promotion winning team THIS season. I'm not sure he is. Hope i'm wrong.

Guest wednesday_lass

Why half the players, especially strikers, don't succeed here is unfortunately due to our history, and automatic expectancy that all strikers have to be off and running straight away.

Take Grant Holt for example, got him from barrow(?) and he was written off straight away and we didn't give him time to settle. And the same goes for Madine. Both Holt & Madine were/are used to playing in front of small crowds with less pressure on their shoulders...but 20 times the support and backing. We don't sign young players for nothing..we sign them due to their potential. Holt didn't get the chance to shine here, but he got a chance at every single club he has played for since and his goals per game return is pretty special.

I believe Madine has it in him...we just need to take a leaf from the book of other supporters and have patience...why don't we actually support our players?

The question is - Is he gonna be good enought o lead the line in a promotion winning team THIS season. I'm not sure he is. Hope i'm wrong.

Maybe not.

Perhaps we need him to better than he actually is at the moment.

I would be concerned if we start the season with him, Clinton, and, supposing we sign him, this Irish bloke.

We need reinforcements in that department regardless, but I don't see slating Madine as productive.

Guest 03 owl

As a Football club we are never going to start the season with 2 strikers it would be Sacrilege.

I like Madine and slagging is non productive as he will given the service get 15 + through a season.

Why half the players, especially strikers, don't succeed here is unfortunately due to our history, and automatic expectancy that all strikers have to be off and running straight away.

Take Grant Holt for example, got him from barrow(?) and he was written off straight away and we didn't give him time to settle. And the same goes for Madine. Both Holt & Madine were/are used to playing in front of small crowds with less pressure on their shoulders...but 20 times the support and backing. We don't sign young players for nothing..we sign them due to their potential. Holt didn't get the chance to shine here, but he got a chance at every single club he has played for since and his goals per game return is pretty special.

I believe Madine has it in him...we just need to take a leaf from the book of other supporters and have patience...why don't we actually support our players?

I'm sorry but i get really fed up with the Holt example

I have said this before but it's worth repeating that last season was the first time in Holt's career as a professional that he was actually scoring at alevel above where we were playing - and for the majority he's been below the level we were playing.

Now there's giving a player time to settle - then there's waiting 6 years

So let's n ot get stupid about it - Holt was not good enough for where we were when he was here - and he proved to be not good enough for many seasons.

To get rid of him was completely the right thing to do at the time and it's been more than vindicated

Football fans always want to focus on the faults. Madine probably could bust a gut a bit more and needs to work on it, but he also has a languid style.

But the positives outweigh the negatives, he's a good finisher and is good in both boxes, handful for defenders etc. I think he'll do well this season. If Megson doesnt think he's trying he wont play him. As he's played a lot under Megson he is obviously doing as he's told.

Guest bigblue

Madine will be a fantastic player for us in a couple of season's time. That's unless we break him first.

He can be very good now, but the burden of being the only forward at the club isn't good for him. And it doesn't look like we have many goals anywhere else on the pitch either.

If he was one of four (prob have to accept CM as 1 of those), then he can be used when it's right to do so rather than by necessity.

A couple of signings this week would be a good settler for a lot of us! PLEASE make it happen MM/PA/GM

Football fans always want to focus on the faults. Madine probably could bust a gut a bit more and needs to work on it, but he also has a languid style.

But the positives outweigh the negatives, he's a good finisher and is good in both boxes, handful for defenders etc. I think he'll do well this season. If Megson doesnt think he's trying he wont play him. As he's played a lot under Megson he is obviously doing as he's told.

I thought that, Megson could have instructed him to play a role just waitng for a cross but I still think he was out the game far too much.

I thought that, Megson could have instructed him to play a role just waitng for a cross but I still think he was out the game far too much.

Let me get this straight, your happy to have a go at the bloke for not busting a gut in a friendly but you refuse to take into account the goals he scored in the cup last season when you look at his goals record ?