Sheffield Wednesday V L**ds United

Guest Sheff Owl

Saw 2 Players in the directors box, not sure if they were Leeds players (or targets) or Youth players but one was Ginger (who I've seen before but couldn't remember) and the other had short black hair.

Then again, they might not have been players (But I'm sure they are).

(No doubt they'll be our players :ph34r: )

I think i know who you mean i was walking under the south stand Neil Thompson arrived with the 2 lads you described, i wondered myself if they could have been new players or anything so i waited and Thompson said something to them and he walked off into the players entrance and they both went up the stairs towards the bridge. Then ended up hanging around there for about 20 minutes (mates fault which is another story) and then the 2 lads came walking back through the main gates alone so if they were new players we A) Either left them by themselves or B) They wanted to go for a walk..

Guest Saturday Owl

A good performance today, Leeds were surprised at our fitness levels and work ethic.

Prutton was really good once again, as was Semedo alongside him. Reda had a good game but gave away a daft penalty towards the end.

We do really need some new signings, at the minute we have no players we can pull off the bench to change the game.

However really pleased with how organized we were and it shows that this season we are going to be very difficult to beat.

I think i know who you mean i was walking under the south stand Neil Thompson arrived with the 2 lads you described, i wondered myself if they could have been new players or anything so i waited and Thompson said something to them and he walked off into the players entrance and they both went up the stairs towards the bridge. Then ended up hanging around there for about 20 minutes (mates fault which is another story) and then the 2 lads came walking back through the main gates alone so if they were new players we A) Either left them by themselves or B) They wanted to go for a walk..

Just trying to remember what the lad with the short black hair looked like, wasn't Koumas was it??

Just searched it on google images and it's as close as I've come...

(Doubt it though)

Edited by EcclesallOwl

I'm pretty frustrated after today because I can see that we are only a handful of players short of having a good season. I know there is probably something going off in the background but if only we could sign two players or so next week we will be ready to rock and roll against Rochdale.

Guest Sheff Owl

Just trying to remember what the lad with the short black hair looked like, wasn't Koumas was it??

Just searched it on google images and it's as close as I've come...

(Doubt it though)

No it wasn't Koumas...

The thing is Thompson just left them, i would have thought if they were potential players Thompson would have took them through the players entrance, like i said he said something to them and walked off and 20 minutes later the 2 lads walked back through the main gates alone...

No it wasn't Koumas...

The thing is Thompson just left them, i would have thought if they were potential players Thompson would have took them through the players entrance, like i said he said something to them and walked off and 20 minutes later the 2 lads walked back through the main gates alone...

Didn't think so....

Yeah true but you never know!

A good performance today, Leeds were surprised at our fitness levels and work ethic.

Prutton was really good once again, as was Semedo alongside him. Reda had a good game but gave away a daft penalty towards the end.

We do really need some new signings, at the minute we have no players we can pull off the bench to change the game.

However really pleased with how organized we were and it shows that this season we are going to be very difficult to beat.

Did you leave at half time, o'connor at right back was a waste of time and realy not fair on the lad

the front two were very poor with madein totally uninterested in playing with JJ

JJ only option second half was to shoot as no one kept up with play,

sedgewick was back to his normal self p1ss poor

and overall we ran out of fuel 2nd half we were spent from the 1st

more than ever do I now believe we need at least 3 more players of which 2 will be strikers

Guest Sheff Owl

Did you leave at half time, o'connor at right back was a waste of time and realy not fair on the lad

the front two were very poor with madein totally uninterested in playing with JJ

JJ only option second half was to shoot as no one kept up with play,

sedgewick was back to his normal self p1ss poor

and overall we ran out of fuel 2nd half we were spent from the 1st

more than ever do I now believe we need at least 3 more players of which 2 will be strikers

Sorry but don't agree there.

Last season i was so begging us to get rid of him because he was shocking, even before the pre season started i was kinda like why the heck have we still got Sedgwick but on today he has improved no doubt about it, can he keep it up? - i'm not sure but gotta give him praise today!

Sorry but don't agree there.

Last season i was so begging us to get rid of him because he was shocking, even before the pre season started i was kinda like why the heck have we still got Sedgwick but on today he has improved no doubt about it, can he keep it up? - i'm not sure but gotta give him praise today!

sorry p1ss poor 2nd half but could be down to fitness having just listened to megson

just can't understand why he took them for a run its beyond me but he's the boss and

up to now has brought in 4 excellent players lets have more of the same quality and we will go up

Guest Sheff Owl

sorry p1ss poor 2nd half but could be down to fitness having just listened to megson

just can't understand why he took them for a run its beyond me but he's the boss and

up to now has brought in 4 excellent players lets have more of the same quality and we will go up

Yep second half Megson hs held his hand up which is fair enough.

I think a lot of them were suffering in the second half.

As Megson said if it was a League game he would not have done that.

Guest Saturday Owl

You don't understand why he took them for a run in pre-season?

Pre-season isn't about results, it's about gaining a level of fitness and sustaining it between August and May.

If he'd taken them running the day before Rochdale then we could moan, but today's game was meaningless.

It's still about fitness which looks good by the way. I imagine megson will be concentrating more on the tactical side for the last 2 games.

Embarrassing the amount of critical reviews on Here by grown men who must have watched season upon season of pre season games and realise it means absolutey nothing . August 6th is when we should start to judge performances.

Majority of teams that do well in this league do well at the start of the season hopefully we can do that. If the Leeds commentary is anything to go by we might. They commentated that we were far better than the Rochdale side Leeds played recently

Guest Saturday Owl

Majority of teams that do well in this league do well at the start of the season hopefully we can do that. If the Leeds commentary is anything to go by we might. They commentated that we were far better than the Rochdale side Leeds played recently

We're a lot tighter than they are that's for sure, add some creativity and we could blow them away on the first game.

Megson has done the most effective thing anyone could have done; make the pitch narrower and make us impossible to get past in the middle.

At hardly any point during play did I really notice the pitch playing narrow (even though I knew it had been narowed) the one player it will suit is jj.

JJ like to cut inside rather cross the ball more often than not. He shouldn't take much for him to be in or around the box which should make defenders less likely to challenge for him

Also it should suit having 2 1st choice full backs who can also play centre half, less chance of being isolated out wide and they should be able to drop in at centre half if required.

In theory this should happen on a narrowed pitch. In reallity will we really see much of a difference ? I think the latter.