Sheffield Wednesday V L**ds United

At hardly any point during play did I really notice the pitch playing narrow (even though I knew it had been narowed) the one player it will suit is jj.

JJ like to cut inside rather cross the ball more often than not. He shouldn't take much for him to be in or around the box which should make defenders less likely to challenge for him

Also it should suit having 2 1st choice full backs who can also play centre half, less chance of being isolated out wide and they should be able to drop in at centre half if required.

In theory this should happen on a narrowed pitch. In reallity will we really see much of a difference ? I think the latter.

Really? Every time the ball was near the North stand I noticed how much narrower it is.

Just watched the highlights on SSN, what a goal from Prutton.

Had to rewind the penalty decision a couple of time, my conclusion is - Rada tried to knock Gradel out with a flying knee :biggrin:

No seriously, **** know what he was thinking . . .

I nearly wet myself when I saw him do it :laugh:

What was going through his head!? :laugh:

Guest Sheff Owl

Just watched the highlights on SSN, what a goal from Prutton.

Had to rewind the penalty decision a couple of time, my conclusion is - Rada tried to knock Gradel out with a flying knee :biggrin:

No seriously, **** know what he was thinking . . .

Something a bit like this....

2zfmjkp.jpg

taken from the Leeds Forum Marching all together

We started slowly which is nothing new ! Wednesday hit the bar in the first two minutes as our defence looked nervous from the off. Prutton put the Owls in the lead after 8 minutes with a good driven shot. The first half was a non event apart from a couple of good runs from Gradel & Mendy (wanchope lookalike trialist) Leeds came out looking more lively in the second half, Sam having a shot come off the post & Gradel going close. Leeds were fortunate to win a penalty when Max climbed all over a defender from my view, Gradel took the pen well

Our keeper was never tested as far as crosses were concerned so hard to judge his performance today. Connolly was all at sea, Bromby & Kis were not much better, Our midfield were tidy but uninventive. Numez is not the superstar he is cracked upto be. Paynter was inept. Sadly Ben Parker's season could be over as he limped off with what looked a serious injury

As for Wednesday, they had the best two players on the park in Prutton who controlled their midfield & Johnson ( Jemal i think) was a constant threat as he ran past four or five Leeds defenders with ease several times. The Owls were disciplined at the back led by their big No.5. Some of their challenges were crude considering it was a friendly game which led to a couple of handbags at 6 paces scenario's !

We were without the services of Howson, Snoddy, O'Brien, Becchio, Somma which didn't help our cause.

Today's line-up was almost a different side when you consider Kasper, Johnson & Killa have departed the club, a team that included three trialists that i doubt will be able to cope with the rigours of the championship, difficult to judge on one showing.

The Leeds fans were clearly unhappy !

The chants rang out as clear as a bell "Bates Out Bates Out" "Build a team not a hotel" "We all love Leeds We hate Ken Bates"

Now i know those chants are not good for the players & they were quite obviously not aimed at the team & more of the same could be very detrimental to our progress but i can understand the frustration & anger of our loyal fans.

Obviously they are unhappy having to watch second-rate players on show today & the lack of investment into the team

Personally i am very concerned & worried with the real stuff due to commence in two weeks !

listened to the commentary and it seemed like reda was keeping gradel in his back pocket...however a few silly challenges are an unfortunate part of his game, but it's a risk worth taking it seems. gradel is scouted by top level ccc and lower premier league clubs - if reda can keep disciplined he'll keep any striker in this division quiet...

Reading through rawowl's post and the matchday thread on 'LUFCTALK', the Leeds fans didn't expect what we brought to the table. It seems they admit that we were the best team on the day even though it was a friendly. Have to say, with their performance i would also be concerned about next season, apart from Gradel making one or two dangerous runs and the big black lad on the other side (who Bennett bossed for most of the game), they look average at best.