Who do we want to win the Play Offs?

Guest thekelch

a month ago i hoped huddersfield would be left down, but now i'm thinking that if peterbro fail at least one of the front three would be on their way, and likeliest is mackail-smith...they'll be a different team without half their goals, so, in all honesty whoever stays down will be trouble next season, i hope none of the other two sets of monkeys get up and leave us with both these next season...or, thats a whole new ball game...

Edited by dnhc

Bournemouth, couldnt get down there this season and the rest are manageable away trips, even on a Tuesday night.

Swapping Southampton, Brighton, Bournemouth and Bristol for the likes of Preston, Blades, Scunny, Bury and Chesterfield, working out pretty well so far.

I agree.

Huddersfield. Not because I like them. I don't. Simply because I think they are the strongest team. We could do without them.

Secondly: Anyone but MK Dons. Simply because of the Wimbledon history. I'm still hoping for AFC Wimbledon to overtake them in the league.

Guest Saturday Owl

For me Huddersfield have to go up, I don't care if there absolute arse holes.

We need the best possible chance of promotion next season, for me Peterborough will lose their best players and finish mid table.

Bournemouth will fade next season without Eddie Howe and finish bottom half, MK Dons will be there about but will struggle to compete with us financially.

Guest Sheff Owl

Peterborough or Huddersfield in the final for me then it's a throw up really.

I honestly think tho it's gotta be Huddersfield get them out of the way.

Will Peterborough be able to keep hold Mackail - Smith if they don't go up, could do with someone picking him up.

Huddersfield for me. They have a very strong squad and a rich owner so will be able to keep their best players, however Peterborough won't be able to keep their best players e.g. Mackail-Smith, George Boyd. So they won't be as much of a force next season.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Its now confirmed that this year's League One play offs will be contested between Huddersfield, Peterborough, MK Dons and Bournemouth. But who would we most like to win them? Personally as we should be gunning for promotion next year I want whichever team will be the biggest threat to us next season to get promoted leaving us with less competition.

I think this team has got to be Huddersfield.

Bournemouth are still on a high from their promotion last year and have been on a incredible run, but I get the feeling if they lose in the play offs this year their bubble might burst and all that momentum they have could fizzle out. I can't see them being right up their next season if they stay down.

If Peterborough don't go up I can't see the likes of Mackail-Smith, McCann and Boyd staying (yes please Mr Mandaric) and I'm not sure they have the money to replace players of this quality so they are unlikely to be as strong next season.

MK Dons are financially stable, have an excellent manager and coaching set up and probably wouldn't have to sell too many players if they don't go up, but its also unlikely they splash really big cash next year. On a personal note they are a revolting club who should never have been allowed to come into being and the further up the pyramid they get the more embarassing it is for English football.

Which leaves us with Huddersfield who have one of the richest chairmen in the league as well as a good young manager, and look likely to finish just three points behind Southampton this season and ten ahead of Peterborough. I can see them competing with us in the transfer market this summer and having a real go at League 1 next season if they stay down.

So go on Huddersfield!

Let Bournemouth go up.

I could have wrote your post as i was thinking the same things.......agree 100%

Bournemouth seem to have popped since losing thier manager,and look half the side they were early doors,hudders will be deflated at not getting out auto......so i reckon peterborough will show us how it should be done getting back up at 1st attempt,defensively a shambles,lethal in attack on thier day.

Edited by legendaryswan

MK Dons shouldn't even exist

Agree..............Strange how they are even in the play offs after we thrashed them down at their place earlier in the season.......just shows how bad this league 3 really is.

I hope AFC Wimbledon get promoted via the play off's this year and see them rise as MK Dons go down.

Guest Thurgowland

Has to be Bournemouth for me- 500 miles plus less travelling. That way Peterborough will probably lose there best assets by staying in League 1 (Mackail-Smith etc). MK Donalds are a disgusting club who dont deserve any success. As for Huddersfield i hope they see how Swindon fared this season after a great season the one before.

"Huddersfield should go up because they're better than us blablablobble"

If they fail to go up Pilkington, Rhodes and Smithies will go to Championship clubs during the summer.

If they stay in league one they'll go back to being a tinpot midtable team

This is just a repeat of all the old nads that was quoted at the beginning of this season. Scunny have been bouncing up and down for five years, Preston have players that can do very well in League 1, Rochdale and Bournemoth came up and made top 10, Chesterfield ran away with League 2. Charlton are hurting. Carlisle have a great manager. There's much more to think about.

Complacency is a very dangerous luxury. You set your sights high, you end up in tears.

Just like this season.