20,000 Owls

This season only once have we had 20,000 wednesdayites at a match(Daggers 1st game). When was the last time this happened s it`s not occurred since I`ve been attending(1982). Let`s hope enough can be bothered to turn up Saturday and a crowd of 20,000+ can be achieved. UTO

This season only once have we had 20,000 wednesdayites at a match(Daggers 1st game). When was the last time this happened s it`s not occurred since I`ve been attending(1982). Let`s hope enough can be bothered to turn up Saturday and a crowd of 20,000+ can be achieved. UTO

i think we have to go as far back as the mid 70's to answer that question. :huh:

Think this will be our lowest average crowd since the 80's, hardly surprising given the poo we've been served up.

Onwards and upwards next season.

The country is also in a sad state in terms of unemployment, redundancies etc., I'm sure this will have contributed, there is certainly less freely available cash to families as well as the above.

give em a cup final/ play off final and they'll be there has fast has you can say, 'ive never missed a game'.

It's hard for me to get time off work/travel to get up, being a college student in Wolverhampton and all that.

However, I booked off this Saturday months ago in preparation and urged my dad to do so too so we could come up.

Hoping to bring up my nephew who was a Blade when I first met him - quickly changed him to an Owl.

Even if we had been in a relegation fight, relegated already or comfortable as we are, I was always going to this match.

I hope there is more like this coming to the match.

Guest SPURTt

The fans are not there anymore , curious people may come when it is virtually free , Hardcore is the future .

Guest SPURTt

I think to have 17,000 as our lowest average in 20 odd years goes to show how loyal our fans have been. Especially considering the crap of the last 12 years.

For a city of nearly 600,000 it is rubbish look at Burnley less than 100,000 population .

Guest SPURTt

For hardcore fans it does matter how big the city is , i know Wednesday fans that would watch eleven shirts on a line , just to be sat in the ground .

Guest christheowl

f*ck me, how can people complain of a 17K average attendance this season ! Im surprised we even got that with some of the football on offer, this is one of the worse seasons SWFC has ever had, there isnt many clubs in the land who would be getting 17K for what we had to put up with for the last 12 years ! If anything you should be coming on here and praising the 17,000 who have been going this season, every single one of them deserves a pat on the back for the loyalty they have shown to the club.

Guest Saturday Owl

Me? Well I've been sat in my seat on the KOP for what has been 22 League Games, around 20 of which were absolute poo poo.

Then on the South Stand for Notts County, Chesterfield and Hartlepool, Northampton, Hereford and Bury in the cups.

Which surprisingly we only played poo poo in 2.