Cut the ticket price

For all those who say 'Lets show Mandaric we can dig deep' - thats why we'll get about 18,000 for our last home game. Nobody will pay 30 quid for the last game of the season which means f00k all.

It's not about turning over a profit on the last game of the season, it's bigger than that - it's getting a few extra fans to the game, getting them interested in OUR club now that our neighbours are on the same level.

If a few extra thousand turn up, we get 25,000 and stuff Exeter - it'll be an all round good atmosphere and a some heads might become interested in coming again next season.

Edited by TodwickOwl

For all those who say 'Lets show Mandaric we can dig deep' - thats why we'll get about 18,000 for our last home game. Nobody will pay 30 quid for the last game of the season which means f00k all.

It's not about turning over a profit on the last game of the season, it's bigger than that - it's getting a few extra fans to the game, getting them interested in OUR club now that our neighbours are on the same level.

If a few extra thousand turn up, we get 25,000 and stuff Exeter - it'll be an all round good atmosphere and a some heads might become interested in coming again next season.

Nobody is being asked to pay that either- you can get a ticket on the Kop for £17- in fact even the most expensive ticket in the ground is about £25.

If 18k Wednesday fans turn up, then 18k Wednesday fans turn up. Dropping ticket prices and artificially inflating the attendance for one game isn't an effective long term tactic for increasing crowd sizes.

Offers are needed, but they need to be targetted- for example much, much more use of kids for a quid and free tickets given to local schools, and less of these £5/£10 offers which we have used for the past 3 or 4 years on the last day and none of which have given us any great spike in attendances.

IF we decide to use the £5/£10 offer,it makes MUCH more sense to do it for the opening game of a season anyway- that gives you the entire close season to market the game, and means that fans don't have to wait for 3 months after watching one game before they can come to another.

Guest bigbadbreeze

I swear some people come on here on the wind up.

Lee saved not only saved our club but set it up for the next owner ffs

SAVED! SAVED! and I say again SAVED! there is only one man that saved our club, and thats Milan Mandaric.

Lee promised investment by 31st March and Failed, moved the dates and failed, Based budgets for 2009/2010 on Ludicrous season tickets sales of 16,000 and average home gates of 24,000 Failed.

His business plan said minimum play off's that year I guess relegation is a Failed!

Guest Big Guns

I swear some people come on here on the wind up.

Lee saved not only saved our club but set it up for the next owner ffs

yes right im not going into all his failings ,owlsdreamer and bigbadbreeze have put a few correct things in ,all i will say ,on the set it up for the next owner bit ,comments from mandric and megson ,saying the club was in an even worst state than they could have imagined,sounds like he left it in a right flippingmess to me.

yes right im not going into all his failings ,owlsdreamer and bigbadbreeze have put a few correct things in ,all i will say ,on the set it up for the next owner bit ,comments from mandric and megson ,saying the club was in an even worst state than they could have imagined,sounds like he left it in a right flippingmess to me.

Yeah, nothing to do with the three stooges. All LS's fault.

Bring back the Hillsborough three!

FFS

for christ's sake will you let it lay...

lee did some things right, and some things wrong...

i'm sure what ever he did he tried at the time to do it the best for sheffield wednesday...

we've moved on now from suing supporters, and crippling debts...

i doubt many, if any of us have tried to run a business the size of this one, in the financial state it was in...

i imagine that there were many roads and avenues to go down for each and every decision, some right, some wrong...

let's thank the day he spoke to milan...

FULL PRICE FOR ADULTS...AND £5 PER KID...not just on saturday but ALL NEXT SEASON...might need to grade the games for this as you can't sell cheap if the games a near sell out...but for 90% of the games it's possible i would imagine...and they are the next generation to put the heart and soul into this cause we champion so highly...

Guest Big Guns

Yeah, nothing to do with the three stooges. All LS's fault.

Bring back the Hillsborough three!

FFS

so LS saved our club and set it up to be sold on did he ffs

Guest Big Guns

No he didn't and the post by Koper was as ridiculous as yours was.

well at least your not been biased

We are solvent for the first time in bloody years, thanks to Mandaric..Strafford was justifiably trying all sorts to get Wednesday fans back to the ground, but hit a brick wall when some fans also justifiably constantly went on about getting it right "ON the pitch"..We failed to do this....sadly we still fail to do this .

Some fans cannot afford it, but without resorting to means testing, theres not a lot the club can do about sorting the ardent fans who are restricted by finance....from the folk who have the money but don't see Wednesday as productive way of spending it.

It is honestly a horrible feeling when you cannot afford to go to a Wednesday game...Ive been there....its surprising how guilty you feel...and its surprising how embarrassing it is to have to admit to the fact...

I also know that there are fans who simply cannot understand that there are others who cannot ante up £20 for a match..once a fortnight....but there are....

It might be a dad that has taken a couple of kids previously, and lost his job..or fallen on hard times..maybe he could scrape up enough to get himself in...but how do explain that to your kids?...you can't...so you don't go....

This sort of fan deserves a freebie...his kids do....

Hillsborough holds near on 40'000 seats...we will sell about 10 to 12 k season tickets...and we may average 23'000 if going well next year..if not..its 16 17k....half the bloody stadium is doing nowt....all bloody season...

I am lucky enough to be able to have a season ticket...makes me no more nor less of a Wednesday supporter than someone who can't afford one...it probably makes me less of a supporter than someone who beggars himself to get to the odd match...who actually goes without summat to watch the Owls.

So how do you get the balance?...Footballs a business these days, and its a cut throat business...no matter how much clubs rattle on of "Community" its simply about money...To the fans, Wednesday fans...its so much more...WE see The Owls as an extended part of a family..it does mean as much as that to most...i know there are things far more important than football...but until they actually turn up to kick you in the b*lls and put things into perspective, we keep our conceptions ...Wednesday are important....Wednesday fans are important, the legacy of the club is important, the ongoing health of the club is important....I could ante up maybe another £50 for me season ticket...I would willingly do so.... IF I was subsidising Wednesday fans who could not afford the games...IF it was to the benefit of Owls fans who could not afford to watch the team they had been born in to...brought up to follow, and who wanted to go.

I have no idea how you sort the wheat from the chaff in such a scenario.....but when the next bloke asks you "How they played"...take a minute to wonder whether he can't be ars*d to go...or whether he's living his dreams through you, burdened with the guilt of not being able to go...cos it is honestly a ba&stard when you follow on the radio simply through lack of finance...

Edited by asteener1867

We are solvent for the first time in bloody years, thanks to Mandaric..Strafford was justifiably trying all sorts to get Wednesday fans back to the ground, but hit a brick wall when some fans also justifiably constantly went on about getting it right "ON the pitch"..We failed to do this....sadly we still fail to do this .

Some fans cannot afford it, but without resorting to means testing, theres not a lot the club can do about sorting the ardent fans who are restricted by finance....from the folk who have the money but don't see Wednesday as productive way of spending it.

It is honestly a horrible feeling when you cannot afford to go to a Wednesday game...Ive been there....its surprising how guilty you feel...and its surprising how embarrassing it is to have to admit to the fact...

I also know that there are fans who simply cannot understand that there are others who cannot ante up £20 for a match..once a fortnight....but there are....

It might be a dad that has taken a couple of kids previously, and lost his job..or fallen on hard times..maybe he could scrape up enough to get himself in...but how do explain that to your kids?...you can't...so you don't go....

This sort of fan deserves a freebie...his kids do....

Hillsborough holds near on 40'000 seats...we will sell about 10 to 12 k season tickets...and we may average 23'000 if going well next year..if not..its 16 17k....half the bloody stadium is doing nowt....all bloody season...

I am lucky enough to be able to have a season ticket...makes me no more nor less of a Wednesday supporter than someone who can't afford one...it probably makes me less of a supporter than someone who beggars himself to get to the odd match...who actually goes without summat to watch the Owls.

So how do you get the balance?...Footballs a business these days, and its a cut throat business...no matter how much clubs rattle on of "Community" its simply about money...To the fans, Wednesday fans...its so much more...WE see The Owls as an extended part of a family..it does mean as much as that to most...i know there are things far more important than football...but until they actually turn up to kick you in the b*lls and put things into perspective, we keep our conceptions ...Wednesday are important....Wednesday fans are important, the legacy of the club is important, the ongoing health of the club is important....I could ante up maybe another £50 for me season ticket...I would willingly do so.... IF I was subsidising Wednesday fans who could not afford the games...IF it was to the benefit of Owls fans who could not afford to watch the team they had been born in to...brought up to follow, and who wanted to go.

I have no idea how you sort the wheat from the chaff in such a scenario.....but when the next bloke asks you "How they played"...take a minute to wonder whether he can't be ars*d to go...or whether he's living his dreams through you, burdened with the guilt of not being able to go...cos it is honestly a ba&stard when you follow on the radio simply through lack of finance...

there's no doubt that professional football in modern times has been taken out of the scope of some working class people (anyone on or around minimum wage must be towing to afford it)...

sadly we (as a sport) overpay our players...our premier league stars can earn a very good years salary (to a hell of a lot of us) in one week...

our clubs players i would imagine average around £4-5k per week...it's still good money for a mid table third division footballer...

i don't know when or where it will all end, but it will have to...if i had to be honest, if i were a third division footballer i would expect to be on good money if i were on £60-70kpa...it may well be we are paying 4 or 5 times that amount...

the fire will carry on burning whilst ever we fuel it, but as for it's ending...?

i have a mate at work and he follows man citeh...he said before christmas he paid £80 to attend a home game (transport, food, drink and entry)...

i'm a tight ba$tard so i try to limit my match day spending to under £25 a game...£25 a game for third division football, i ought to get a game and be guaranteed to score the winning goal for that sort of money...

BRING BACK STANDING AT A SENSIBLE PRICE...

Funny how people in Stoke have found the money to attend a semi final (34,000)cup final(25,000)and also sold over 20,000 season tickets for next season. Most people do still have the money to go to the footy they just spend it on different things,ie the pub.

Funny how people in Stoke have found the money to attend a semi final (34,000)cup final(25,000)and also sold over 20,000 season tickets for next season. Most people do still have the money to go to the footy they just spend it on different things,ie the pub.

you know people who still go to the pub???...'kin 'ell must must be rich around your way...

Lot of money in Pottery mate?....either that or there might be another 10'000 who would buy season tickets if they could afford to....it proves simply that there are 20'000 folk who can afford...nowt more than that