Do the club want to help create an atmosphere

I did ask the club about the Scoreflashes but haven't had a response yet

Did you sit in the special luddites stand cos' evryone around us had smart phones and knew the scores...you ought to go on that geek thread and ask what's his name about technology

Edited by daveyboy66

Did you sit in the special luddites stand cos' evryone around us had smart phones and knew the scores...you ought to go on that geek thread and ask what's his name about technology

Now, I have score updates pushed to my phone - so I knew even before Grandad.

But nice to have some scoreflashes tho, no?

It reminds me of the home game aginst Man City when Utd went down playing Chelsea. The announcer really went to town when we found out Utd had gone down and even the Man City fans were joining in the celebrations. The announcer was then relieved of his duties later as Francis was disgusted with his actions. Remember Wednesday the first rule of business is to give the customer what they want.

Guest callumj

needs something doing and fast ive been to livelier funeral parlours

Had it on good authority that the scoreboard is on a contract clause that if it had been in operation yesterday, it would have been guaranteed a new contract for next season,

SCOREBOARD OUT!!!!!

I say testicles to all this new fangled scoreboard malarky..bring back the half time scores that used to be on the front of the north stand.

Now that was entertainment when the bloke in the white coat used to walk along the front of the stand putting up the scores. taking his time when he came to Utds score.

Cheers

UTO's

Pretty much the problem, everyone i could see (and myself) spent most of the time looking at our phones. I missed Mellors header as a result because yet another rumour was spreading of a goal at reading. I watched my smart phone more than the match.

Guest intercity0wl

Remember Wednesday the first rule of business is to give the customer what they want.

One day that will sink in, hopefully before its too late.

Just had confirmation that it was down to a "breakdown in communication".

The club DJ had been asked by Paul Aldridge to "not make a fuss" if Utd were losing, he wrongly took this to mean "don't put the score up at all".

This was sorted out by half time by which time it was too late.

Hope this clears things up....

My own opinion is that Mr Aldridge should be asking him to make as much fuss as possible in order to improve the atmosphere - who knows if this could have even persuaded a few more to part with their season ticket money??

This needs explaining, WHY?. When everyone else in the ground wants completely the opposite either Paul is not switched on or there is something else more sinister.

I say testicles to all this new fangled scoreboard malarky..bring back the half time scores that used to be on the front of the north stand.

Now that was entertainment when the bloke in the white coat used to walk along the front of the stand putting up the scores. taking his time when he came to Utds score.

Cheers

UTO's

Great idea!...He could sorta mournfully walk up to the appropriate letter when United had scored...and dance to it when they were scored against....or keep us all in suspense by sashayin' towards it or walking in an ambigious sort of way....i'd do the job...but would probably let the cat outta the bag by throwin' me hat in the air when i was sittin' on the stool...