Do the club want to help create an atmosphere

Well i don't know like i said...i thought it was the police that got involved..

I was just making a point of if they can do it for one supporter then would they do it for another supporter.

oh well if the police got involved it must have been right...i've never seen a heavy handed copper at a football match...

if we sterilise hillsborough anymore, playing there will become a hindrance to our players, rather than an asset...

people want the band out, tango out, you go in the south it's like a church...

for the size of the crowd it's a poor atmosphere as it is...

we need some individuals, we need some characters, we need some passion, and noise...

and after what has happened between the club and some of it's supporters in the non too distant past...

i would hope the club is now smart enough to judge each case on it's merits in the cold light of day...

rather than go with the old tried and tested knee jerk reaction, as was...

Guest Sheff Owl

oh well if the police got involved it must have been right...i've never seen a heavy handed copper at a football match...

if we sterilise hillsborough anymore, playing there will become a hindrance to our players, rather than an asset...

people want the band out, tango out, you go in the south it's like a church...

for the size of the crowd it's a poor atmosphere as it is...

we need some individuals, we need some characters, we need some passion, and noise...

and after what has happened between the club and some of it's supporters in the non too distant past...

i would hope the club is now smart enough to judge each case on it's merits in the cold light of day...

rather than go with the old tried and tested knee jerk reaction, as was...

If you know the full extent to it all then fair enough, i can't say i know anything about it but just apparently the police was involved, of course it all could have been blown out of proportion and if the club are making it right then fair play to the club.

Guest christheowl

I wondered why the scoreboard didnt flash today ! ...for any scores at all to be honest. Yet it flashes to tell me we have a f*cking corner !

Just back in and I kind of thought there would be a thread on this topic!

As flammable flag carrying "Ultras" we had the the pleasure of meeting with John Rutherford, the SWFC safety officer, this week to discuss atmosphere generating iniatives.

Aside from the flag related stuff we had a few other interesting discussions which went really well.

One was about the ridiculous netting in place in the NW corner - JR agreed that it was not necessary and would be removed before todays game. It was. Thanks John.

We also agreed that that the scoreboard flashes had helped improve the atmosphere at the last home game, and we suggested that the club should look at bringing back the "Shhhhhhhhh" message on the scoreboard before the Utd score was put up - John thought this was a good idea and said he would approach the right people to get this reinstated for todays game......

What went wrong??

SAG intervention???

Had the same discussion during the match.

I guess that in hindsight (a wonderful thing) it was probably a good thing that they didn't flash it up.

However, it would have certainly helped boost the atmosphere with us looking comfortable at 2-0 up.

Had the same discussion during the match.

I guess that in hindsight (a wonderful thing) it was probably a good thing that they didn't flash it up.

However, it would have certainly helped boost the atmosphere with us looking comfortable at 2-0 up.

Exactly

Dear Mr Rutherford (if applicable - apologies if not)

What matters is US.

When are we going to stand up for ourselves, our club, our supporters.

There were no sty dwellers in the ground today, who's going to get upset?

We didn't refuse to put todays score up on the scoreboard in case it upset Swindon fans did we?

Why do we meekly allow others to dictate to us?

Is it because...

"We are not all wednesday are we..........................................?"

Guest intercity0wl

Just back in and I kind of thought there would be a thread on this topic!

As flammable flag carrying "Ultras" we had the the pleasure of meeting with John Rutherford, the SWFC safety officer, this week to discuss atmosphere generating iniatives.

Aside from the flag related stuff we had a few other interesting discussions which went really well.

One was about the ridiculous netting in place in the NW corner - JR agreed that it was not necessary and would be removed before todays game. It was. Thanks John.

We also agreed that that the scoreboard flashes had helped improve the atmosphere at the last home game, and we suggested that the club should look at bringing back the "Shhhhhhhhh" message on the scoreboard before the Utd score was put up - John thought this was a good idea and said he would approach the right people to get this reinstated for todays game......

What went wrong??

SAG intervention???

Les than one week after you said you had a productive meeting, that did seem to offer a hope that the clubs stated desire that they wanted to help create a Hilsborough matchday atmosphere may be true, somebody at the club today seems to have missed a very EASY and OBVIOUSE way to lift one of the most un atmospheric afternoons I have sampled at Hillsborough for some time.

Everybody around me, and judging by this thread in other areas also was on about the Scoreflashes not appearing on the Scoreboard, which beggars the question are some of the people who are employed by the club who have a say over such things as this actually Football people ?.

At the point when we were winning and the blunts were behind the simple action of putting their score up would have created the atmosphere and Match day experience the club say via email questionaires and other means that they so desperatly want at S6..

Once again im afraid that the words that come to mind are " AND THE CLUB WONDER WHY"

Can anybody really say our Porky friends across the city, would have missed the chance to laugh at their Biggest rivals like we did today ?

Just had confirmation that it was down to a "breakdown in communication".

The club DJ had been asked by Paul Aldridge to "not make a fuss" if Utd were losing, he wrongly took this to mean "don't put the score up at all".

This was sorted out by half time by which time it was too late.

Hope this clears things up....

My own opinion is that Mr Aldridge should be asking him to make as much fuss as possible in order to improve the atmosphere - who knows if this could have even persuaded a few more to part with their season ticket money??

Guest intercity0wl

Just had confirmation that it was down to a "breakdown in communication".

The club DJ had been asked by Paul Aldridge to "not make a fuss" if Utd were losing, he wrongly took this to mean "don't put the score up at all".

This was sorted out by half time by which time it was too late.

Hope this clears things up....

My own opinion is that Mr Aldridge should be asking him to make as much fuss as possible in order to improve the atmosphere - who knows if this could have even persuaded a few more to part with their season ticket money??

What the same Mr Aldridge who was at West Ham and involved in the Tevez Saga when Piggies went down, and who got a bit of stick over a certain comments made to the Authorities over the same issue, what was the problem Mr Aldridge ? did you have a problem with upsetting them again ?, you may be somebody who works at the club who actually has a history of being involved in Football, but i suggest you have a lot to learn about what being involved with the blue half of Sheffield football entails.

Once again the club loses the opportunity to add to the matchday experience at Hillsborugh due to a direct decisison of a club employee, only at Wednesday would this happen, and once again its a case of " AND THEN THE CLUB WONDER WHY"