I expect tomorrow

I expect a more positive attitude, playing for a contract. End of season games can be awful but I expect a lot more urgency. I expect crowd once again to be ignited by the latest news that United are losing hopefully heavily at Reading. I think JJ will play and I wonder whether GM might try Reda in central midfield, UTO

Guest Distraught!

What is the crack with people wanting Reda to have a go in midfield?

Strange, isn't it?

Like somehow people expect him to morph into the new Carlton Palmer. He is what he is - a player with limitations in ability that will most likely restrict his career to the lower reaches of English professional football.

Strange, isn't it?

Like somehow people expect him to morph into the new Carlton Palmer. He is what he is - a player with limitations in ability that will most likely restrict his career to the lower reaches of English professional football.

Bang on.

He struggles to play his own position right for starters. Then you've got his limitations, which are mostly what is required to play in the middle of the park.

The bloke can tackle & head. That's about it. If he has to play then he stays at centre back.

Strange, isn't it?

I think it is because, whilst he seemingly has the attributes to be an excellent defender, pace, tackling heading etc, his positional sense is somewhat lacking, as is the intuition to know how much pressure to apply on the opponent without fouling.

Anyway, the naivety of his positional play would be highlighted less in a slightly more advanced role.

Oh and the fact that we have been crying out for a nasty bast-ard in teh middle of the park for 10+ years!

Edited by philswiz

I think it is because, whilst he seemingly has the attributes to be an excellent defender, pace, tackling heading etc, his positional sense is somewhat lacking, as is the intuition to know how much pressure to apply on the opponent without fouling.

Anyway, the naivety of his positional play would be highlighted less in a slightly more advanced role.

Oh and the fact that we have been crying out for a nasty bast-ard in teh middle of the park for 10+ years!

Maybe we have.

So you go out and sign one, not try and make a limited footballer into something that he quite clearly isn't going to be.

I can see them getting out of being relegated unfortunatley.

That is a fear not a real belief lol my friends. Reda has got some thing in his game that makes me believe that there is so much more to come. In the air, he attacks the ball with passion and power like a young Mike Lyons - and he has an eye for a goal that makes me think he does have something special. I think within a year we will have Premier teams testing our resolve.

Guest Distraught!

Tomorrow's the day. Reading are on fire.

Really! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

flip me!

Don't their players have a safety certificate or is the sponsor's name on their shirts written with B & Q paint? :ohmy: