Gary Teale

I know Gary Teale gets slated on here but is he influential to our team in terms of the chances he creates? His lack of pace is very noticeable but that's why he finds himself playing at our level and not higher. But in my opinion he is facing unnecessary criticism and I'm pretty certain that he has more assists than anyone this season in our team. I think if we have Teale on the left to put in the crosses and JJ on the right to add pace to the team we have our wings sorted with Palmer/Miller/Osbourne/OBrien playing in the middle!

What's everyones thoughts? Also has anyone got an assist table for our squad this season? It'd be interesting to see who actually does create our chances and build the team round these players!

I know Gary Teale gets slated on here but is he influential to our team in terms of the chances he creates? His lack of pace is very noticeable but that's why he finds himself playing at our level and not higher. But in my opinion he is facing unnecessary criticism and I'm pretty certain that he has more assists than anyone this season in our team. I think if we have Teale on the left to put in the crosses and JJ on the right to add pace to the team we have our wings sorted with Palmer/Miller/Osbourne/OBrien playing in the middle!

What's everyones thoughts? Also has anyone got an assist table for our squad this season? It'd be interesting to see who actually does create our chances and build the team round these players!

I don't think he lacks pace to be honest. No spring chicken anymore and obviously not as quick as he used to be, i'd say his delivery is more of a problem that his pace.

I don't think he lacks pace to be honest. No spring chicken anymore and obviously not as quick as he used to be, i'd say his delivery is more of a problem that his pace.

Fair point, I admit his crosses can sometimes be wayward and fail to beat first man but how many goals have we scored from his crosses and corners.

In fairness, his delivery from corners has generally been excellent. It seems like we've scored loads of goals from his corners.

Strangely woeful free kick taker though. I don't really rate him, but can see that he's hardly the worst culprit this season and was very good earlier this season at times.

Starting to look increasingly like Micky Gray did in the last 12 months of Gray's career here.

Sadly not in terms of quality on the ball, but the cartoon'esque look to him when he's running- the legs are going like the clappers but sadly he doesn't.

Worryingly Sedgwick and Miller are the same.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Starting to look increasingly like Micky Gray did in the last 12 months of Gray's career here.

Sadly not in terms of quality on the ball, but the cartoon'esque look to him when he's running- the legs are going like the clappers but sadly he doesn't.

Worryingly Sedgwick and Miller are the same.

Our midfield on Tuesday night looked very leggy as though they were wading through treacle. What on earth Irvine was doing when he decided to make the pitch bigger I'll never know. Its open season for teams coming to Hillsborough who have hungry players with a bit of space. I wonder if we train at all on the pitch at Hillsborough these days?

Guest JonTheOwl66

He's still got pace in my opinion, beats a lot of players to the ball and although it's not saying much, looks like one of the nippier players in our team.

His delivery is very hit and miss, but i think the lack of pace is a serious problem, not just with Teale, but throughout the side, its not their fault, but their legs have just gone.

Teale probably has the most assists this season, but its still a very low number.

If we can finally get some pace in the side, we will then have the ball in the right area of the field more often, and get a more constant supply from wide areas, rather than the traditional pass back to the full back who passes to the other full back who then has no option but to hit it long.