Blame Wilkinson!

Milan would have acted quicker in the sacking Irvine,but Wilkinsons precious little job with th LMA prevented him doing so ,before the worst manager in our history could blow a fortune on what can only be described as a total sack of sh*te,I hope Milan has the stomach for the fight ,,his losses are huge and relegation could force him to cut and run.

Milan would have acted quicker in the sacking Irvine,but Wilkinsons precious little job with th LMA prevented him doing so ,before the worst manager in our history could blow a fortune on what can only be described as a total sack of sh*te,I hope Milan has the stomach for the fight ,,his losses are huge and relegation could force him to cut and run.

100% Correct.

I'd love to know how Milan can cut & run. Buying Wednesday kinda reminds me of that film "The Money Pit". The only way to get his money back now is to start chasing it. He's going to lose £6 million next season if we're in League 1, god knows how much it'll be if we're stuuck in League 2.

On your point of Wilkinson's to blame- yeah Howard must share some of the blame for this season but so does Irvine, Mandaric even, Megson & our entire playing squad. I hope that at the end of the season Wilko isn't used as a scapegoat for relegation by some because it would be a gross misinterpretation of the facts.

Guest totemowl

What a tailface of a post! Surely you could have come up with something better than that.

Milan: "Paul. We can't sack Irvine cos Howard is on the LMA. He'll be ever so upset."

Paul A.: "No. Why don't we give him a million pounds and let him bring 6 players in."

Milan: "Paul. That's an excellent idea. I knew I was right to hire you."

Is that how you think it works? If so, grow up.

atually look at irvines record,,and then conpared it to megsons?

or looked at megsons appaling tactics?

if this season was a rely race

,then irvine handed the batton to megson in the middle of the pack,,

id atually go the other way and say,we should have had a little faith,and patience in irvine,,who has one of the highest win ratios of alll our past managers

sacking him hugely upset me,cos i could see this coming ,and i love my team,,

like it r not,most managers get a reaction when they join

laws did,irvine did,,megson has seemingly alienated the lot,and dumped the blame on the players,when hes as responsible,cos he picks the team,and is suppossed to motivate,,,

modern day footballers are simple creature,,,

some need the rollicking,some need to be told they are the shizzle,,

you sometimes,pander to there ego if it gets a cocksure player on that pitch,,

im sorry but is megson with all his years of experience unable to motivate?

However unpopular the OP might be with the fan boys, I have to agree 100%.

If Mandaric had sacked Irvine a month earlier and Megson had been given the transfer window we might not be in this mess.

However hindsight is a wonderful thing. Look at where we were in the table when Manderic took over. Look how far we fell before he sacked Irvine. Who would have beleived that we would have been fighting a relegation battle 3 or 4 months ago. Having said that, if Manderic had sacked Irvine earlier and Megson had managed to make us finish mid table we still would have called that a massive failure.

If that makes sense.

We cannot begin to imagine the damage that Irvine has done to this club. Whoever appointed him needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Wasnt it done on the reccomendation of Howard, or did I dream that as well?

if this season was a rely race

,then irvine handed the batton to megson in the middle of the pack,,

You keep quoting that but it's not the full story is it? We had two good spells this season; one in August and another in November. Other than that, our results under Irvine were horrendous and just like last season were getting steadily worse. There is every chance that had Irvine remained in place that we'd be in much the same position we are now.

id atually go the other way and say,we should have had a little faith,and patience in irvine,,who has one of the highest win ratios of alll our past managers

His losing percentage is right up there amongst the highest too.

:wink:

Guest totemowl

However unpopular the OP might be with the fan boys, I have to agree 100%.

If Mandaric had sacked Irvine a month earlier and Megson had been given the transfer window we might not be in this mess.

However hindsight is a wonderful thing. Look at where we were in the table when Manderic took over. Look how far we fell before he sacked Irvine. Who would have beleived that we would have been fighting a relegation battle 3 or 4 months ago. Having said that, if Manderic had sacked Irvine earlier and Megson had managed to make us finish mid table we still would have called that a massive failure.

If that makes sense.

We cannot begin to imagine the damage that Irvine has done to this club. Whoever appointed him needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Wasnt it done on the reccomendation of Howard, or did I dream that as well?

Miffed. I have no problem with this. But suggesting that Mandaric didn't sack Irvine earlier just because Wilkinson is on the LMA is just ridiculous and pathetic.

Miffed. I have no problem with this. But suggesting that Mandaric didn't sack Irvine earlier just because Wilkinson is on the LMA is just ridiculous and pathetic.

Do you reckon it's no more than a coincidence that Irvine was sacked just three days after Wilkinson stepped down?

You keep quoting that but it's not the full story is it? We had two good spells this season; one in August and another in November. Other than that, our results under Irvine were horrendous and just like last season were getting steadily worse. There is every chance that had Irvine remained in place that we'd be in much the same position we are now.

His losing percentage is right up there amongst the highest too.

:wink:

if we saying manager need itme]

then irvine not even getting a full season hardly tells us much at all

unlike megson,irvine managed to achieve a slightlybetter points er game ration tha laws,with no new players,,,

yet megson is somehow immune for his much much worse spell,,

all season in a tight league under irvine we have been between 1st and at worse 12th,,,,

all with no funds for players,a huge unrealistic expectation,and a massive overestimation of our teams ability(that convieniently changes when megson does worse)by so called experts like you!

my views,like it or not,has remained balenced,consistant,,and pretty much spot on

unlike your bleating about us having this amazing team,,being cruelly held back by a nasty scotsman

just waitnig for a new great manager,who will suddenly get us destroying team after team

i understand people like to blame him,,it seems to still be in fashion,

but the f

Guest totemowl

Do you reckon it's no more than a coincidence that Irvine was sacked just three days after Wilkinson stepped down?

His sacking was definitely on the cards at that time but the Peterborough result more or less confirmed he had to go.

When Aldridge came in, 2 or 3 weeks before, it was always likely that Wilkinson would move on sometime soon.

When Mandaric invested in the squad, it was because he believed Irvine could do the job, not because Wilkinson was on the LMA.

all season in a tight league under irvine we have been between 1st and at worse 12th,,,,

I can't be bothered going through all your misrepresentations again about average points and all that. It's just going round in circles. But the above statement is unequivocally wrong as we were 16th at the end of September.

unlike your bleating about us having this amazing team,,being cruelly held back by a nasty scotsman

just waitnig for a new great manager,who will suddenly get us destroying team after team

The situation is much more complex than that. I still maintain that a better manager than Irvine could have had this team in the top six. And as for you bigging yourself up as some sort of oracle, where were the predictions of thrashings at the likes of Exeter or the warnings that we could be relegated? You didn't see this coming any more than the rest of us. And there is no question that the causes go beyond straightforward matters of tactics and selections.

His sacking was definitely on the cards at that time but the Peterborough result more or less confirmed he had to go.

When Aldridge came in, 2 or 3 weeks before, it was always likely that Wilkinson would move on sometime soon.

When Mandaric invested in the squad, it was because he believed Irvine could do the job, not because Wilkinson was on the LMA.

So his sacking was on the cards but Mandaric thought he could do the job?

You're covering all the bases there aren't you?

I can't be bothered going through all your misrepresentations again about average points and all that. It's just going round in circles. But the above statement is unequivocally wrong as we were 16th at the end of September.

The situation is much more complex than that. I still maintain that a better manager than Irvine could have had this team in the top six. And as for you bigging yourself up as some sort of oracle, where were the predictions of thrashings at the likes of Exeter or the warnings that we could be relegated? You didn't see this coming any more than the rest of us. And there is no question that the causes go beyond straightforward matters of tactics and selections.

a better manager could have had this tea in the top six?

that wasnt what you were saying earlier in the season

you were saying you thought the team was top 2 material,anything else was a terrible failure

nice try at backtracking tho!

you clearly overrated the players drastically

Edited by adamwestsleftear

i was lucky enough to be at that game

and i thought we played really well,the players looked hungry,we passed it really well,,and then the potter sending off

not one game under megson,has the team matched that level of fluidity

even the yoevil game,we had a million chances,a missed pen,,a player crying cs the knows hes cost the manager a job

its the passion we now totally lack

yet all s fans were interested in was irvine out,,,,,and we got our wish an now look

and i saw it coming,and no one listened