young manager

Guest Big Guns

Guest Big Guns

never thought about it me sen ,but after a few chats tday i think its right ,we need a young manager like clarke ,poyet ,howe and many more who no wot modern up to date footys all about ,weve got megson whos stuck with that 19 80s mentality ,lets have a young flippinggun its the 21st century 4 fooks sake.

Guest Saturday Owl

Megson with the 1980's mentality that took Bolton from relegation certainties to the Europa League in 2 seasons. :rolleyes:

That same bloke that bought Cahill, Elmander, Muamba and that same guy that bought 8 of the 11 Bolton first teamers, which currently Coyle is getting all the applause for.

Jesus Christ Mourinho couldn't get these players winning games, how can you expect any younger manager to do anything either?

F*ck me!

Guest Big Guns

Megson with the 1980's mentality that took Bolton from relegation certainties to the Europa League in 2 seasons. :rolleyes:

That same bloke that bought Cahill, Elmander, Muamba and that same guy that bought 8 of the 11 Bolton first teamers, which currently Coyle is getting all the applause for.

Jesus Christ Mourinho couldn't get these players winning games, how can you expect any younger manager to do anything either?

F*ck me!

i bet mourinho cud

The same manager who so far at hillsborough has overseen the worst 10 game run in my 25 years off watching Wednesday

If you want anybody to take you seriously can I suggest you refrain from basically making stuff up?

It's not even the worst run of results in the last two seasons, or have you forgotten the period that got Laws the sack when we went 12 without a win or how we meekly surrendered our status in the division with just 1 win in the last 12 games? Also, in 1987/8 we had no wins until the 10th game of the campaign, mainly under Eustace in 1988/9 we had 1 win in 15, Francis started 1993/4 with 1 win in the first 11, we went 10 games without a win in 1996/7, had a spell of 1 win in 10 in 1995/6, 1997/8 and 1998/9, twice in 1999/2000, in the 2002/3 season we had periods of 1 win in 19 and 1 win in 12, we ended the following campaign with just 1 win in 10, there was a similar spell in 2005/6.

What we definitely need to do is sack this manager now

We'll definitely get someone better in, but if he under-performs then we'll get rid of him

Then that manager will get my support until we're poo poo and then we need to get rid of him

The following manager will hopefully do a great job, but if not we have to boot him

Now this may sound like we could potentially have 4 different managers in a relatively short space of time which makes me sound like an utterly, knee-jerk reactionary mentalcase and some may say this sounds like a delusionary attitude to a mediocre League One club requiring some stability

But if me being called a "massive rumbleing idiot" means that we sack loads of managers until we get the right result, then so be it

This season has become one of transition, the concept of which is easy to say in hindsight but I'd wager that very, very few of us could have envisaged that the old guard (who have presided over 15 years of rumblewitted decline) would have been removed and in place would have been a wealthy benefactor who actually had a good understanding of the nature of modern football as opposed to his predecessors who had a mediocre understanding of French B roads.

In some ways Megson wasn't just brought in to try and salvage a play-off place, but he became part of a longer term project. An manager with top flight experience who a middling mid-table Championship/sketchy League One side should be rumbleing grateful to have. A head coach who faces a long-term project to not only destroy a long-held zeitgeist amongst the playing squad of notgivingarumble, trying to create a new ethos that doesn't rely on the excessive use of journeymen players and arrogant freeloaders who think that because they play in a 39,000 seater stadia in a lower division that they have the option of disposing of expectation and duty because they had a 2 second moment of showboating in a home match

There's also endemic problems within our home crowds, where booing individuals and such like has become acceptable which clearly has given certain players an added personality facet of 'whyshouldigivearumblethen?'

So all this obviously needs a massive overhaul and for our status, for a League One club 4 points off relegation and with the "damaged" squad members we have and the experienced manager currently in place, I'd say finishing mid-table would be a great achievement. Next season will/should bring great rewards as long as we realise that the current man at the helm should be exempt from the frequent demands of "fookin' sack 'im!" as has been directed to the coaches of the past 15 years (70% of whom have been admittedly poo )

A few Wednesday fans chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' when Megson brought O'Connor on in the 90th minute - amazing.

The sooner some of our fans leave the players and Manager to get on with things instead of trying to try and have an even greater input on team affairs the better. Every fan has a right to complain and moan granted, but there does seem to be this fan pressure at this Club to have our say more than most, rather than having a bit of trust in those at the helm for a change.

Guest bigblue

A few Wednesday fans chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' when Megson brought O'Connor on in the 90th minute - amazing.

The sooner some of our fans leave the players and Manager to get on with things instead of trying to try and have an even greater input on team affairs the better. Every fan has a right to complain and moan granted, but there does seem to be this fan pressure at this Club to have our say more than most, rather than having a bit of trust in those at the helm for a change.

Trust is something you earn rather than something you are given arbitrararily. After over a decade of reasons not to "trust" our management to get something right, it's difficult to justify such trust!

This season has become one of transition, the concept of which is easy to say in hindsight but I'd wager that very, very few of us could have envisaged that the old guard (who have presided over 15 years of rumblewitted decline) would have been removed and in place would have been a wealthy benefactor who actually had a good understanding of the nature of modern football as opposed to his predecessors who had a mediocre understanding of French B roads.

In some ways Megson wasn't just brought in to try and salvage a play-off place, but he became part of a longer term project. An manager with top flight experience who a middling mid-table Championship/sketchy League One side should be rumbleing grateful to have. A head coach who faces a long-term project to not only destroy a long-held zeitgeist amongst the playing squad of notgivingarumble, trying to create a new ethos that doesn't rely on the excessive use of journeymen players and arrogant freeloaders who think that because they play in a 39,000 seater stadia in a lower division that they have the option of disposing of expectation and duty because they had a 2 second moment of showboating in a home match

There's also endemic problems within our home crowds, where booing individuals and such like has become acceptable which clearly has given certain players an added personality facet of 'whyshouldigivearumblethen?'

So all this obviously needs a massive overhaul and for our status, for a League One club 4 points off relegation and with the "damaged" squad members we have and the experienced manager currently in place, I'd say finishing mid-table would be a great achievement. Next season will/should bring great rewards as long as we realise that the current man at the helm should be exempt from the frequent demands of "fookin' sack 'im!" as has been directed to the coaches of the past 15 years (70% of whom have been admittedly poo )

See........There are intelligent, reasonable, forward thinking members on this forum............Well said that man!

Guest Big Guns

*could*

*know*

you stupid chav

been called a chav off the biggest wee pipe head on owlstalk i can live with that

never thought about it me sen ,but after a few chats tday i think its right ,we need a young manager like clarke ,poyet ,howe and many more who no wot modern up to date footys all about ,weve got megson whos stuck with that 19 80s mentality ,lets have a young flippinggun its the 21st century 4 fooks sake.

Are you Mark the Pitsmoor Owl? Yeah, right, ya know innit. I stand wi Tango yeah right, on 't kop, yeah right like

Guest Big Guns

Are you Mark the Pitsmoor Owl? Yeah, right, ya know innit. I stand wi Tango yeah right, on 't kop, yeah right like

no i go on the north ,do you go on the south with the coffin dodgers

Guest Big Guns

No, yeah, right, I go on 't North like yeah right.

i dont no how you do it so flippingfunny ,i bet its a reight laugh hanging about with you