young manager

Guest Big Guns

A few Wednesday fans chanted 'You don't know what you're doing' when Megson brought O'Connor on in the 90th minute - amazing.

The sooner some of our fans leave the players and Manager to get on with things instead of trying to try and have an even greater input on team affairs the better. Every fan has a right to complain and moan granted, but there does seem to be this fan pressure at this Club to have our say more than most, rather than having a bit of trust in those at the helm for a change.

Fat chance.

never thought about it me sen ,but after a few chats tday i think its right ,we need a young manager like clarke ,poyet ,howe and many more who no wot modern up to date footys all about ,weve got megson whos stuck with that 19 80s mentality ,lets have a young flippinggun its the 21st century 4 fooks sake.

At the same time as campaigning to get rid of GM why not also campaign to get rid of MM and anyone else associated with the club. Then we can shuit the whole thing down and you can be happy.

But of course no you wont be happy, cause then you will have to find something else to moan about.

You call yourself a supporter :excl: it is about time you supported the team, the manager, the chairman and the club. FFS, Rome was not built in a day :excl:

the problem any new manager arriving at any footy club mid season has is, now with the t/f window you can't quickly assess the side and buy 3 or 4 players to shore things up...at best you have the loan system...megson arrived to find the t/w shut and the players bought by the previous manager at the club...he has since added to 2 (more) central defenders (probably to show the other 5 or 6 how to play central defence)...and a midfielder, or two, something we all know will be in need of a serious overhaul in mid season.

when big ron arrived to put the fire out at that time, the system allowed for the incoming manager to buy in (hence the fact he seemed to buy richardson wherever he went)...

megson needs to get us safely to the end of the season, then buy in what he needs, then launch an assault on promotion...though i fully expect the higher than average number of players needed to mean a full throw at the top 2 positions might be difficult, and thus a fighting play off place more attainable...but we never know... lol

Edited by dnhc

Guest Big Guns

At the same time as campaigning to get rid of GM why not also campaign to get rid of MM and anyone else associated with the club. Then we can shuit the whole thing down and you can be happy.

But of course no you wont be happy, cause then you will have to find something else to moan about.

You call yourself a supporter :excl: it is about time you supported the team, the manager, the chairman and the club. FFS, Rome was not built in a day :excl:

i dont want shut of megson yet ,i support the team by paying 24 quid to go and watch em ,why dont they give summat back whats worth watching ,rome wasnt built in a day sheffield wednesday is over 100 years old and getting worse all the time ,what is there not to moan about ,i cant think of owt ,dont givev me that we should be glad were still here cos we are.

Megson has to work with the remains of a relegated side ,Which was added to by a irvine who's management skills leave a lot to be desired, And Players apart from say two that don't give a throw ,now to be honest ask yourselves wtf is he supposed to do, Apart from Madine and Osbourn ,Palmer,Weaver ,who else did he have flipping nobody, Now the two cb's HE has brought in look promising So who's to say in the summer he won't bring players in that will fight the cause In my book all these so called (looks good on paper )performers are not performing , That is why we are crap,Not Megson,let him bring his own players in and then critisisise his worth,

When you have tailface fans who genuine think they are better players than Tommy Spurr and James O'Connor, you know we have problems with our support.

No suprise that we have an element wanting Megson out already

Edited by Bannofan

This season has become one of transition, the concept of which is easy to say in hindsight but I'd wager that very, very few of us could have envisaged that the old guard (who have presided over 15 years of rumblewitted decline) would have been removed and in place would have been a wealthy benefactor who actually had a good understanding of the nature of modern football as opposed to his predecessors who had a mediocre understanding of French B roads.

In some ways Megson wasn't just brought in to try and salvage a play-off place, but he became part of a longer term project. An manager with top flight experience who a middling mid-table Championship/sketchy League One side should be rumbleing grateful to have. A head coach who faces a long-term project to not only destroy a long-held zeitgeist amongst the playing squad of notgivingarumble, trying to create a new ethos that doesn't rely on the excessive use of journeymen players and arrogant freeloaders who think that because they play in a 39,000 seater stadia in a lower division that they have the option of disposing of expectation and duty because they had a 2 second moment of showboating in a home match

There's also endemic problems within our home crowds, where booing individuals and such like has become acceptable which clearly has given certain players an added personality facet of 'whyshouldigivearumblethen?'

So all this obviously needs a massive overhaul and for our status, for a League One club 4 points off relegation and with the "damaged" squad members we have and the experienced manager currently in place, I'd say finishing mid-table would be a great achievement. Next season will/should bring great rewards as long as we realise that the current man at the helm should be exempt from the frequent demands of "fookin' sack 'im!" as has been directed to the coaches of the past 15 years (70% of whom have been admittedly poo )

fantastic post, wasted on some people on this forum.

some people expect success instantly, and thats not realistic. the best sides take time to build, time to gel and grow.

megson certainly isnt taking us up this year. I wont care if he doesnt take us up next year either, because i would be willing to bet the year after, we would be in a much stronger position right the way through the club, because megson will have had the time required to get us right across the board.

Guest Big Guns

would you swap megson for lee clarke or sheridan ,im not calling 4 megsons head but your all too far up your own flippingarses to answer a simpe flippingquestion ,and who the flip who comes on here think there better players than spurr and joc wot a stupid flippingcomment

Guest totemowl

would you swap megson for lee clarke or sheridan ,im not calling 4 megsons head but your all too far up your own flippingarses to answer a simpe flippingquestion ,and who the flip who comes on here think there better players than spurr and joc wot a stupid flippingcomment

honestly I thought you'd come on here this morning and blame the flipping drink for this fooked up op, but flip in hell you dint

anyway returning to your question

NO, flipping stupid question they couldnt flipping handle it. tin pot club managers and nothing more .but one day they might be ready for it.

you must give megson time to prove himself...

he needs to add quality players to what will be left of laws, and boring farts squads...

time to judge megsons progress, will be next november...

and again, after he has added to the squad in january...

if we on our arse again, then will be the time to look into megson's managership, not now...

megson will (this coming closed season) build the foundations of a side that will compete in every aspect of the park...

a tight defence...

a fit, and tigerish midfield...

and an attack that strikes swiftly...

MM will support him in these needs, and we will be in a position more suited to a club of our size, instead of taking hammerings off orient, exeter, and the f*ckin gas works.... lol

Guest Big Guns

honestly I thought you'd come on here this morning and blame the flipping drink for this fooked up op, but flip in hell you dint

anyway returning to your question

NO, flipping stupid question they couldnt flipping handle it. tin pot club managers and nothing more .but one day they might be ready for it.

ha ha im pissed now you lot want to get out more ,huddersfield looked good tday

I hope you are right I suppose Stoke are living proof that you can still obtain success with that type of football. In a way though I find it a little sad when set against clubs with much smaller resources who manage to achieve success by playing proper football

Guest Big Guns

you must give megson time to prove himself...

he needs to add quality players to what will be left of laws, and boring farts squads...

time to judge megsons progress, will be next november...

and again, after he has added to the squad in january...

if we on our arse again, then will be the time to look into megson's managership, not now...

megson will (this coming closed season) build the foundations of a side that will compete in every aspect of the park...

a tight defence...

a fit, and tigerish midfield...

and an attack that strikes swiftly...

MM will support him in these needs, and we will be in a position more suited to a club of our size, instead of taking hammerings off orient, exeter, and the f*ckin gas works.... lol

yes i agree i want him to succeed but if he dunt should we go for a young gun with new ideas ,rather than 50 odd year olds who played in the 80s.

But our Manager who is supposedly stuck in the 80's has won promotions to the Premiership, managed in the Premiership with a team who he saved from relegation and then got to comfortably midtable and into the latter stages of the UEFA Cup.

You can't buy experience - sure Managers like Eddie Howe, Gus Poyet and Lee Clark are showing potential but their Managerial CV isn't nothing compared to Megson's yet - and they'll be older and wiser one day, won't make them any less attractive though.

Anyway, what young Manager with potential would really want to come to this Club at the present time and possibly have their career tarnised before they've even begun their career. I know I wouldn't.

Pros and cons for whether we should have a young or experienced Manager, Irvine was relatively inexperienced as a Manager, that didn't exactly get us far.

You can't buy experience - sure Managers like Eddie Howe, Gus Poyet and Lee Clark are showing potential but their Managerial CV isn't nothing compared to Megson's yet - and they'll be older and wiser one day, won't make them any less attractive though.

Exactly

What you have with them and Sheridan are some very competent and effective lower league managers and it wouldn't be a disappointment at all if we hired their ilk in our current state

However, the costs and negotiation of acquiring them would be very difficult and given the occasional volatility of our home games would throw in an additional hurdle

Hiring someone like Megson and his experience is a boon and despite our current woes shows the odd glimpse of future promise

I'd even go so far as to say that next year I'd be rumbleing delighted with a playoff place considering the overhaul we're currently undertaking

I didn't think Megson was the right man for the job in the short term, and nothing he's done since taking over has made me change that opinion. Thing is, I hoped, as Milan did, that a new manager would kick start our promotion push. Megson was never going to do that, it needed to be someone who could galvanize the existing players and add a few real quality loanees. Were there managers out there who could have done that job? I don't know What I do know, and I think we are seeing it now, is that these players would never play for Megson. If we can survive this season, then thats a different kettle of fish. If Megson can get the players he knows around him, players who are comfortable with his methods, then I think his track record proves that he has a decent chance of success He would never have been my choice, but he is capable of turning this club around. It won't be quick and it won't be pretty, but he can do the job.

Guest totemowl

I didn't think Megson was the right man for the job in the short term, and nothing he's done since taking over has made me change that opinion. Thing is, I hoped, as Milan did, that a new manager would kick start our promotion push. Megson was never going to do that, it needed to be someone who could galvanize the existing players and add a few real quality loanees. Were there managers out there who could have done that job? I don't know What I do know, and I think we are seeing it now, is that these players would never play for Megson. If we can survive this season, then thats a different kettle of fish. If Megson can get the players he knows around him, players who are comfortable with his methods, then I think his track record proves that he has a decent chance of success He would never have been my choice, but he is capable of turning this club around. It won't be quick and it won't be pretty, but he can do the job.

So what are you saying, that the players who turned up yesterday would never play for Megson. Does that mean we can say goodbye to them winning any games this season? If not, what do you mean?

Well with only two wins so far, the chances are slim I reckon No some of the more experienced players were never going to take being bawled out in public and as he was gonna be stuck with them, for this season anyway, that is a problem As I said, it is a problem he can overcome when he gets his own players in.

you mean like Jones, Batth and JOB? :rolleyes:

Guns, in answer to your question NO, i wouldnt. Megson has already done far more and is far more proven than both. he was unlucky to get the boot at bolton, and arguuably you would be hard pressed to find someone with his CV willing to take this role on. Sheridan and Clarke have done well where they are but shown nothing to suggest they could handle this job.