Tactically Inept

After getting there just after Kick off last night i was amazed by a few things and cant figure out what our Manager was thinking. Can anybody help me figure these out?

1) Back 4. Plays Left Back @ Right Back, Right Back @ Centre Back & Centre Back @ Left Back.

Why would you do this in 2 games at Right Back Morrison never put a foot wrong.

2) Plays Johnson on left wing & Teale on right.

Thought idea of playing wingers on the wrong side was so they could cut inside and get shots off? Surely Teale is a better option for this than Johnson as unless i've been watching some one else his shooting isnt the best.

3) Plays Mellor & Madine up front.

That instantley told me what we were looking to do get ball in to big men early even though we can put football most sides in this divison especially YEOVIL!

4) When down to 10men he takes Teale off for Heffernan.

Even the worse Sunday morning manager will tell you that when you have a man advantage you need to stretch the game and use all the pitch to tire them out and create space to exploit, Not pump it down the middle.

5) When he brought him on played Heffernan in Midfield.

Why would you use your most natural finisher in Midfield?

6) Brought Morrison on.

Good idea but then seemed to push Madine further outwide!!!

The man has totally lost the plot and needs to go now that game was there for the winning but he managed to mess it up again.

Players arent performing but asking them to play out of position is not the answer.

can only say Morrison looked awful at RB 2nd half against Orient, probably had a big influence in the decision, no idea why he played spurr at RB though, considering Jones played well there a few weeks back. Smacks that he has realised his ideas have not worked, and he'll try anything other than the logical to arrest the decline. I believe he's lost confidence in his own ability, and I think is more likely to walk now rather than MM sacking him and causing a media frenzy.

Guest oliver666

Irvine has been tactically inept for over a year, last night was no different.

I'm no Irvine supporter, far from it. But I think his main problem is not that he his tactically inept, he his an inept manager. He cannot manage. I didn't hear complaints about him from Everton, Newcastle and I think he was at Blackburn in his coaching or assistant roles. The only two areas where he has managed in earnest is here and at Preston. By all accounts they couldn't wait to get rid as well. He is managing 3rd division players, not coaching premiership players. Thats where the problem lies IMHO. Players at our level are not skilful or have the intellegence to be coached at an high level, thus making him appear to be a management disaster. He aint no manager. Yes I agree he needs to be replaced with a manager use to managing 3rd division players.

Since he came to the club he's fvcked about with the defence, and strikers every other week, forgetting that football games are usually won in the middle of the park. His reluctance to address the issue of Potter and O'Connor probably got us relegated, and more than likely will get him the sack. We've been crying out for a thug in the middle of the park for years.

I'm no Irvine supporter, far from it. But I think his main problem is not that he his tactically inept, he his an inept manager. He cannot manage. I didn't hear complaints about him from Everton, Newcastle and I think he was at Blackburn in his coaching or assistant roles. The only two areas where he has managed in earnest is here and at Preston. By all accounts they couldn't wait to get rid as well. He is managing 3rd division players, not coaching premiership players. Thats where the problem lies IMHO. Players at our level are not skilful or have the intellegence to be coached at an high level, thus making him appear to be a management disaster. He aint no manager. Yes I agree he needs to be replaced with a manager use to managing 3rd division players.

Management is about communication! He can analyse, & plan, but fails to communicate in a manner that is understandable and therefore implementable. Information overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!