Bristol City v Darren Purse

Guest intercity0wl

Many bad performances against city however a real cause for concern is the shambolic defending of our captain.

They had 8 golden chances in the first half and Purse was accountable for six. We should have been buried at half time. Got to be sorted.

Is this based on viewing the work of the cameraman at Ashton gate or your own view of the game ?, either way i suggest neither of you were watching the game as closely as you should have been.

Watch it for yourself. If you're happy with Purses performance shame on you. Not good enough for me sorry.

Is this forum becoming a forum wher fans can't say how they feel about certain performances. I feel the Purse performance against CIty was shocking. Anyone else who closely watches the match again will agree if they look at their chances.

It has cost us all last season and it is costing us this season. Time to have a look at Beevers with an immense THE RADIATOR (now that was a centre half performance)

These guys are getting silly money in wages and anyone who tells me not to comment can think again. (being polite).

The only way we will get out of this division is to sort out the problems and unfortunately Purse IS a problem.

Guest intercity0wl

Watch it for yourself. If you're happy with Purses performance shame on you. Not good enough for me sorry.

Is this forum becoming a forum wher fans can't say how they feel about certain performances. I feel the Purse performance against CIty was shocking. Anyone else who closely watches the match again will agree if they look at their chances.

It has cost us all last season and it is costing us this season. Time to have a look at Beevers with an immense THE RADIATOR (now that was a centre half performance)

These guys are getting silly money in wages and anyone who tells me not to comment can think again. (being polite).

The only way we will get out of this division is to sort out the problems and unfortunately Purse IS a problem.

In reply to your opening question, was i happy with the performance of Darren Purse las saturday at Bristol city the answer is Yes.

we won 3v0 against a team in a higher decision!!!!

"Purse played well and he played well against Huddersfield so why not give him a break "

2 good games all season says it all really doesnt it!

im with you here madowl, hes captain and there seems to be loyalty shown to him from AI which is 1 of the many reasons why AI has come under fire himself,

what makes it worse for me is beevers is being used as the scapegoat for purses dire season so far, oh yeah except for the 2 games!!!

anyone else think purses inconsistent performances could be down to complaicency?

before our 2 latest signings theres not really anyone that could replace him, except hinds

im hoping, now there is a bit of competition for places, his (and others) performances will improve

maybe wishfull thinking though!!

In reply to your opening question, was i happy with the performance of Darren Purse las saturday at Bristol city the answer is Yes.

i didn't make it to brizzle but the match thread on here speaks volumes about our first half performance and who was to blame

had brizzle taken any of their chances the final result could have been so much different

Stop with the witch hunts against our players, there's discussing their merits (or lack thereof), then there's being a c*nt.

So you've not been saying Irvine should go then Mr Wonderland.

Witch hunt ? .................. I'll be one of the first to say well done to any players who have played well.

I have defended Purse on many occasions. At times he is ok. But six mistakes in one half should tell even you WW that something aint right.

Would you rather see teams continue to take advantage of poor defending........... luckily Bristol City didn't finish their chances or Weaver once again saved us. Purse unfortunately is simply not good enough. No witch hunt just my general thought.

He will have the odd decent game here and there but you can gaurantee every game there will be one two or six drastic errors.

Many bad performances against city however a real cause for concern is the shambolic defending of our captain.

They had 8 golden chances in the first half and Purse was accountable for six. We should have been buried at half time. Got to be sorted.

What game were you watching? Purse looked solid against Bristol, as he did against Hudds. I saw more mistakes(positionally) from The Radiator.

Guest TonyOwl88

I recognise what you're saying about DP... I worry a bit too. Maybe worth saying he was fantastic earlier in the season. I don't no whether he has no place in our side, but I think I would be tempted to find another centre-back, or try Beevers and Johnson... or obviously Morrison and Johnson when one of our right backs return.

So you've not been saying Irvine should go then Mr Wonderland.

Witch hunt ? .................. I'll be one of the first to say well done to any players who have played well.

I have defended Purse on many occasions. At times he is ok. But six mistakes in one half should tell even you WW that something aint right.

Would you rather see teams continue to take advantage of poor defending........... luckily Bristol City didn't finish their chances or Weaver once again saved us. Purse unfortunately is simply not good enough. No witch hunt just my general thought.

He will have the odd decent game here and there but you can gaurantee every game there will be one two or six drastic errors.

No, it seems like I'm one of a few on here who actually rates Purse correctly. In the sense that he's an absolute beast who lets nothing through some games, then a complete liability in others.

It's a witch hunt because you're making out like he's a liability every game and you're doing it after he's just had a couple of good games.