LAY OFF IRVINE

Guest swfc4_1

Guest swfc4_1

Irvine just gets slated every week, even after massive wins, not many teams get promoted straight after going down.

last year was half mr laws' fault

this year, we are only 6 points off automatic, with an extra game over some.

we looked really good against city in second half, all im saying is, just lay off him till the end of the season,

see where he gets us!

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Irvine just gets slated every week, even after massive wins, not many teams get promoted straight after going down.

we looked really good against city in second half, all im saying is, just lay off him till the end of the season,

see where he gets us!

I wasn't aware anyone had laid into him this week? :blink:

Who is having a go? I think most of his critics are giving him a chance to perform with the new team!

^^^ this is where i stand. still don't have confidence in him but am prepared to shut my gob and give him (another) chance with a new squad (as even i can see some of the 'old guard' are not up to the standard needed for the next step up)

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Who is having a go? I think most of his critics are giving him a chance to perform with the new team!

Orlando's patience appears to have already snapped 24 hours after our sensational win at Bristol City......

Irvine needs to be on his toes :laugh:

Guest valley owl 2000

see where he gets us!

well said proper wednesdayite

When you sit back and look at the squad now, the player Irvine has brought in have made a massive impact, especially Teale Weaver and Mellor, also Morrison is now beggining to show his worth and Jones defintly has potential. When you take a look at the squad as a whole, the positions which we have been lacking in i.e - CB x2, and another winger (with the exception of Sedgewick) are positions Irvine didn't get the chance to strengthen more than likely because he used up all the wage budget - lets give him a chance to build HIS squad now he has a few quid to spend then see where he takes us.

I was one of those calling for his head from the second we went down, up untill a week or two ago - and to be fair i would still like to see him go, but the two new lads he's brought in at the back seem to be two exellent signings and had filled me with optimism, and i know it's only early days but look like two to hang onto for the future. Irvine knows a decent player when he see's one, make no mistake, and i am confident he can build a squad, his squad to get us out of this shitty league this season!

Guest Distraught!

It's simple, isn't it?

Mr Mandaric has supplied Irvine with the tools to do the job correctly. It is up to Irvine to now show that the doubters that he is as good as some people connected with football make him out to be.

The majority of fans just want a modicum of entertainment and a run of acceptable results to take us back to the league above. Irvine himself has said that this is his mission.

That is the way to keep the fans off his back.