These 6 + new players

I would be very pleased if 1 of these "new" strikers was in fact Mellor on a permanent deal then a young up and coming striker to learn from him and Morrison.

Its strange thinking that we are bringing in players that could one day be sold for a PROFIT ! (I feel dirty saying that about any player we sign, its just not the Wednesday way)

I would be very pleased if 1 of these "new" strikers was in fact Mellor on a permanent deal then a young up and coming striker to learn from him and Morrison.

Its strange thinking that we are bringing in players that could one day be sold for a PROFIT ! (I feel dirty saying that about any player we sign, its just not the Wednesday way)

I think he might be out of contract in the summer. If this is the case then there would be no point in paying a fee in Jan.

Would defo prefer 6 new players and sign Mellor in summer if we need him, or someone better, he's not that convincing imo..

Mellor is the best outfield player we have IMO. Just look what he was producing before the Carlisle game. Definately needs signing if you ask me. But i agree, it can wait untill the summer.

Edited by eckington owl

If he can't be recalled I don't see any point in paying a fee for him now. If he can be then we'll have to see what Phil Brown thinks.

Haaaa, Phil Brown thinking. Classic.

Phil Brown drinking seems far more appropriate.

Why splash an inflated fee in January?

I'd wait to the summer and asses our options.

Mellor has done decent this season, but we may well be able to sign a better calibre of player in the summer.

Good point SiJ, if we get promoted i think we should be aiming a bit higher. Think i'd still be tempted to keep Mellor though.

Exciting stuff!!

I think we may sign 2 strikers in this window.

In the Summer Irvine was trying to ensure we had two players for each position. With signing the 2 centre backs and the fact Hinds hasn't had a look in I think we can infer that he is now ensuring that we have 2 players that he considers good enough for each position.

From the amount of game time Heffernan has got I think that Irvine may have signed him as a 4th choice striker and doesn't think he is good enough. We would need 2 injured strikers before he got a game in theory. Since Tudgay left we would need 1 striker to get up to the bare minimum 2 players for each position and then 1 more to have 2 that Irvine considers good enough.