FROZEN PIPES

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

I know its only a rumour but its doing the rounds that the Pipes that are responsible for the undersoil Heating at Hillsborough have frozen up, DJ or anyone else at the club care to confirm or kick this rumour into touch.

Isn't there something like a few mile of piping or something underground....

takes a couple of days to turn on (fully heat up all system) ..... ?

Will ours have been on constantly over this cold snap (winter) ?

Edited by Glaser

This is just one of those 'rumours' that has been going around and ended up like chinese whispers.

We have indeed had a few problems with pipes - as we always do at this time of year with the frost and temperatures!

If any game was to be called off it would obviously be announced first on the official site, of course - not on people's facebook statuses as 'rumours'... ;)

Keep your eye on the official site for any such news should anything like that happen - as it stands the game is on, of course.

I know its only a rumour but its doing the rounds that the Pipes that are responsible for the undersoil Heating at Hillsborough have frozen up, DJ or anyone else at the club care to confirm or kick this rumour into touch.

It's also worth mentioning that undersoil heating only works to a temperature of approx -4

Guest Saturday Owl

All is going ahead so far. Obviously if that changes then Tranmere will let us know and we'll put it on the OS.

Thanks for that James, if everyone else if called off can you contact Tranmere and tell them to wee wee off?

No. Someone else runs the OS from the Media team.

I can add and edit on there, but I mostly leave it to the other guy(s) in the Media team.

I always assumed it was some private commany in another part of the country that controlled it. The club just forwards the information it wants displayed.

It seems to follow a generic format that is similar to many clubs, which I assume, like ourselves, are contacted to the same web company.

Edited by M Royds

I always assumed it was some private commany in another part of the country that controlled it. The club just forwards the information it wants displayed.

It seems to follow a generic format that is similar to many clubs, which I assume, like ourselves, are contacted to the same web company.

There's a central agreement between 82 clubs and the Football League meaning the sites are built and developed by 'Football League Interactive' (FLi) and their partners. FLi also control all the advertising and partnerships run through the OS, meaning the club doesn't have to resource that (and FLi can negotiate stronger terms with bigger brands across the entire network), then the revenues are split amongst all the clubs, based on the popularity of the sites and the click-thru's from adverts, etc - basically, as a club, we get more money the more people visit the site, click around and click on the adverts (and even more if people sign up to things like Coral betting through our OS because we get a fee for the referral and an ongoing revenue based on how much you bet on an ongoing basis, etc). FLi is a 'not for profit' organisation, hence the revenue sharing between all the clubs.

The content that goes on the OS in terms of articles and Player videos, etc, is put on by the clubs' media team though.

All is going ahead so far. Obviously if that changes then Tranmere will let us know and we'll put it on the OS.

Thanks, but...

Does that mean we've just not heard from them or does it mean it's currently playable following recent contact from Tranmere?

Thanks for that James, if everyone else if called off can you contact Tranmere and tell them to wee wee off?

:biggrin:

There's a central agreement between 82 clubs and the Football League meaning the sites are built and developed by 'Football League Interactive' (FLi) and their partners. FLi also control all the advertising and partnerships run through the OS, meaning the club doesn't have to resource that (and FLi can negotiate stronger terms with bigger brands across the entire network), then the revenues are split amongst all the clubs, based on the popularity of the sites and the click-thru's from adverts, etc - basically, as a club, we get more money the more people visit the site, click around and click on the adverts (and even more if people sign up to things like Coral betting through our OS because we get a fee for the referral and an ongoing revenue based on how much you bet on an ongoing basis, etc). FLi is a 'not for profit' organisation, hence the revenue sharing between all the clubs.

The content that goes on the OS in terms of articles and Player videos, etc, is put on by the clubs' media team though.

Interesting that.

I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to guess who are the 10 clubs that don't run with FLi.