Time for one voice.

After hearing Milan speak last night it made me realise just how little we have had going for us at our club recently. No scouting, no money, no plan. He said himself that c20k fans was incredible considering what we have had to endure the last few years. He wants success, we want success so really it should be a match made in heaven.

I propose we use the next 16 days to get all our moaning about the past out of our systems. All our arguing about fans groups, politics, board members, other forums and anything other than what goes on on the pitch needs to stop. I'm sick of falling out with fellow owls.

I said it a few months ago, when the ball hits the back of the net everything is forgotten. That few moments of unbridled elation is shared by thousands in the stadium and thousands elsewhere. You've no idea if the random stranger you're hugging is a member of Wednesdayite or a lover of the old board. He could want Allen back, he could want Milan out, he could be Lee Straffords biggest fan or biggest critic. He could be all those things and all points in-between. But it doesn't matter, cos under it all, at that moment, he's Wednesday. We are all the fabric of our club. We make it what it is. We are a massive reason for it's continued existence. And that's why we stay on for the ride.

We need to draw a line in the sand. I propose December 31st at midnight is that line. 2011 needs to be the year where we start again. A do over to use the American term. Fresh slate, new leaf, fresh start call it what you will, but it needs to be total and complete. We need to have one voice, and it needs to be behind The Wednesday. The past is past, the future is unwritten but here and now is a gift, that's why it's called the present. Our present was from Milan. His present is from us, the fans who can help him achieve success for us.

No right thinking fan could want anything else surely.

We are standing at a crossroads still. One direction is the same as we've had, infighting, abuse and fallouts about who did what when. The other direction is completely new. Unity and strength from such. Bury the past, learn from it and embrace the future. Otherwise we will just repeat the same mistakes and give those who wish is ill the ammo to hurt us.

Milan has saved us. He may be looking to make a quick buck or 2 but to do that he will have to make us successful. I'd also bet that selling us will be the hardest thing he ever has to do. Not cos we can't be sold, but because he doesn't want to let us go. I want him to fall so far in love with The Wednesday that he doesn't ever want to leave. We can make his time at Pompey look like a warm up for the real thing. He can make himself a legend and we can use him as a rallying point.

Anyway, I've rattled on a bit so I'll wrap it up. I'm going to get all my bile out in various threads about the past then I'm gonna put it away for good. Turn all the negative energy into support for SWFC. The team and the club and the fans together. All with one aim. All with one voice.

Agree with the sentiments.

I'd go a step further.

One voice for all fans, and that voice should work towards a fans buyout in say, five years time.

Edit: In five years time it will need a hell of a lot more money then was needed this time round by Mandaric, imho.

Edited by salmonbones

Agree with the sentiments.

I'd go a step further.

One voice for all fans, and that voice should work towards a fans buyout in say, five years time.

Edit: In five years time it will need a hell of a lot more money then was needed this time round by Mandaric, imho.

Why go a step further?

What is been said is that lets get behind the team and forget about politics.

Lets just focus on supporting our new owner.

I have never agreed with fan ownership so dont class everyones voice as being behind fan buy outs.