DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

A good run in the league 06/07.

Some excellent, attacking football at times.

Brought in more money in transfer fees than any SWFC manager in recent times.

Signed Lee Grant.

Took his name off the legal action.

Several memorable wins over the blunts.

When we had no Chairman he was the voice of the club.

As most on here will know, I was a critic of Laws towards the end. However, one has to acknowledge the fact that barring Paul Sturrock, he was the most succesful manager we've had since Francis.

I think that part in bold is also forgotten far too easily. I would imagine he risked his job in doing that, but he thought it was the right thing to do.

Regardless of what you may think of BL as a football manager, I think football as a whole would be better off if more people were like him and had the balls to stand up for something they believed in. This is perhaps even more important considering the whole "players are no longer trying" because "they've been lied to" comment. Considering circa 20k people are spending hard earned money paying the players, I don't think it's too much to ask that they actually try to earn it.

Have a rumbleing players protest, let them turn their backs to the directors box at FT or something, don't punish the fans FFS

I think that part in bold is also forgotten far too easily. I would imagine he risked his job in doing that, but he thought it was the right thing to do.

Regardless of what you may think of BL as a football manager, I think football as a whole would be better off if more people were like him and had the balls to stand up for something they believed in. This is perhaps even more important considering the whole "players are no longer trying" because "they've been lied to" comment. Considering circa 20k people are spending hard earned money paying the players, I don't think it's too much to ask that they actually try to earn it.

Have a rumbleing players protest, let them turn their backs to the directors box at FT or something, don't punish the fans FFS

That's the thing about football today. In general it is too superficial.

The whole indsutry of football lacks a moral and ethical core.

Guest kop_owl

Only read the first page, gonna read the rest once i've posted this.

Lee, you just called BRADDAZ, a regular poster on here, clearly a big supporter of the Football Club, a moron, for making VERY valid points about how flipping DERANGED you clearly are.

HOW DARE YOU SLAG OFF SUPPORTERS???? You accuse a paying supporter of rumbleing the club up?!?!?!? - You're the moron Lee, believe me, YOU'RE the moron for slagging the bread and butter of this club off. To be honest, you're no better than Dave Allen, slagging supporters off on here.

And with regards to another one of your posts, yes Lee, please just give up and leave us to it, you are not the guardian angel thats come to save us, you're just an ego, you're doing no good, you're just trying to boost your very deflated ego, and you're failing terribly with that.

Thankyou for Alan Irvine, too, its good to see you employed a manager that can't be more adventurous than his counterpart at Dag&Red.

Flounce for good this time, please.

Edited by kop_owl

Guest kop_owl

Howard Wilkinson said on Saturday if it wasn't for the suppporters we'd be in MUCH more trouble now than we currently are.

You're a big fan of HW, well, thats the opinion i get from your posts anyhow. Did you hear Howard calling fans morons on Saturday when they disagreed with him when he came out to address the fans??

No Lee, he didn't, he dealt with the situation in a professional manner, something you could actually take a lesson from.

Its a shame watching you act like a nob on here, because pre-Owlstalk i actually thought you would be the figure this club needed, but now you just appear like a desperate, attention seeking, fan abusing arse.

So the players ( and their wives ) are pissed at promises being broken and have decided hoofball is the best way to show their displeasure. Come November and we are saved either by admin,( the players will still be paid the FULL salary) or by a mystery backer ( the players once again being FULLY paid) the players then decide to play again.

Meanwhile the loyal 13,000/15,000/16,000/21,000 ( you decide ) have to put up with sh'iite until the players decide their future is safe. Then they decide to play attractive winning football. No promises of promotion here either .

... and the cry is support Alan Irvine and the team in their hour of need. HOWSABOUT THE TEAM SUPPORT THE FANS IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED.

Who's doing the real hurting here ?? It won't be the shower of pish that are not fit to wear the shirt.

Edited by Señor Sam

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Guest Triplej2

So the players ( and their wives ) are pissed at promises being broken and have decided hoofball is the best way to show their displeasure. Come November and we are saved either by admin,( the players will still be paid the FULL salary) or by a mystery backer ( the players once again being FULLY paid) the players then decide to play again.

Meanwhile the loyal 13,000/15,000/16,000/21,000 ( you decide ) have to put up with sh'iite until the players decide their future is safe. Then they decide to play attractive winning football. No promises of promotion here either .

... and the cry is support Alan Irvine and the team in their hour of need. HOWSABOUT THE TEAM SUPPORT THE FANS IN THEIR HOUR OF NEED.

Who's doing the real hurting here ?? It won't be the shower of pish that are not fit to wear the shirt.

Top post, along with enigmanedusa and kop-owl.

Guest PNEFAN

One opinion from one Preston fan...................Standing ovation at Deepdale when he returned from circa 10,000 Preston fans.

&

AI never had any involvement in transfer and wages negotiations at Preston. This was all handled by the Chairman.

Oh and you are and always will be a complete arsehole.

How do you like them apples???

Regards

Lee

So what? Irvine identified targets, our chairman did everything in his power to deliver those targets. its not the chairmans fault that the players he signed were bobbins, had no resale value, or that half the time Irvine didnt know how to utilise them.

Derek Shaw was guilty of many things during his time at our club, but one thing that cannot be levied at him is that he interfered with team affairs. We pushed the boat out to accomodate Irvine, to get the team he wanted and we ended up winning 1 in 10.

No way - so what you are saying is that following the dismissal of a well respected and much loved manager who received a standing ovation from 10k PNE fans despite losing his job after a horrendous losing streak (strange that dont you think) and following the appointment of a manager that has been plagued with many stories of dressing room disruption and a big backlash against the board there, that there has been a smear campaign aimed at AI claiming that he was the one that wasted all the money on players and this has turned the moronic types within the PNE fanbase on him.

Never would have guessed it. :blink:

Regards

Lee

what you seem to ignore is that it was the fifth horrendous losing streak of his short time at PNE. Look at our results in Sep and Oct in 2008, were we went on a run of losing 7 out of 9. Or the run in Feb and March 2009 when after we drew with 2nd in the league at their place and we were sat in 4th, Irvine told us all we'd just got out a relegation battle and we went on a 11 game run averaging a point per game. This was of course after increasing our wage bill by 25% to one of the top 8 in the championship and spending 5m on transfer fees alone in 2 years.

What an odd blinkered world you seem to live in.

So what? Irvine identified targets, our chairman did everything in his power to deliver those targets. its not the chairmans fault that the players he signed were bobbins, had no resale value, or that half the time Irvine didnt know how to utilise them.

Derek Shaw was guilty of many things during his time at our club, but one thing that cannot be levied at him is that he interfered with team affairs. We pushed the boat out to accomodate Irvine, to get the team he wanted and we ended up winning 1 in 10.

what you seem to ignore is that it was the fifth horrendous losing streak of his short time at PNE. Look at our results in Sep and Oct in 2008, were we went on a run of losing 7 out of 9. Or the run in Feb and March 2009 when after we drew with 2nd in the league at their place and we were sat in 4th, Irvine told us all we'd just got out a relegation battle and we went on a 11 game run averaging a point per game. This was of course after increasing our wage bill by 25% to one of the top 8 in the championship and spending 5m on transfer fees alone in 2 years.

What an odd blinkered world you seem to live in.

I'd run whilst you still can my Preston based friend.

You'll be making his FUD list at this rate. :st2: