On way home + player ratings

Weaver - 6

Otsemobor - 4, this guy worries me, come back Buxton all is forgiven!

Purse - 5, decent defensively, but STOP flipping HOOFING IT DARREN!

Beevers - 5, also decent defensively, but again STOP flipping HOOFING IT MARK!

Spurr - 6, meh

Sedgewick - 5, why he got picked ahead of Teale baffles me, thought Teale did alright on Saturday.

O'Connor - 3, Tries hard, bless him, but lets face it, he's a bit poo . People slag Potter, but O'Connor is at least half of the problem with that pairing.

Coke - 6, faded a little later on

Miller - 6, did a solid job on the wing, but does still beg the question of why he's playing there instead of Teale/Jones who could give us some natural width, or even a bit of pace!

Tudgay - 4, pretty poo imo, though the service was shocking

Morrison - 4, as above

Jones - 6, got involved a bit going forward and put a few crosses in. If we're not gonna give him a proper run at full-back (how come he gets dropped after one dodgy second half, but Spurr gets away with countless crap performances?) then we should at least put him on the wing - pace and a left foot.

Teale - 6, decent, should've been on from the start

Heffernan - 6, a few promising touches, but not enough time on the pitch to make an impact. Must've shagged Irvine's wife or summat, no other reason to pick Tudgay and Morrison ahead of him based on their form this season.

Overall - despite the low ratings, we were ok albeit toothless. Progress, of a sort.

This was my first game of the season tonight, and i agree with what you've mentioned above.

For me teale came on and ran at people, and on another day it might of worked out.

ostemobor is in the squad for his pace (it definatly isn't his passing ability) but yet i struggle to remember a time he over lapped sedgewick tonight.

Morrison seemed to end up on his arse 9/10 times and still didnt look match fit if he's stretching off on 80 mins yet hardly ran through out the game.

overall wednesday need to learn to keep ball, mainly the likes of purse and beevers, and the fans need to learn this to, no point booing (which i heard tonight) when we passed it sideways or backwards.

i will be travelling to nottingham on saturday and this is the team i would like to see.

Weaver

Ostemobor Purse Beevers Jones

(overlapping)

Tudgay Miller Coke Teale

Mellor Morrison

Morrrison, lazy bugger and his first touch is a vvank tackle.

Morrison has always been lazy! People banged on about what a good signing he is. He needs to spend more time closing the ball down or moving into space and less time whining !

We have no-one with pace, we have one man who can pass the ball and he was dumped on the left wing. Jones cannot defend and Sedgwick can't attack.

Not true, JJ apart Danny Jones has pace to burn and we have seen it on the pitch. Hes not a left back but he takes on players on the wing and puts in a decent cross. All we need is a striker who dare throw their head in not stand and shout at everyone after the ball flashes by...

I do wonder if we all watch different games sometimes. 6s all round is a good shout though. We were poor but it was a big improvement on the previous 3 or 4 games I have seen.

To respond to the specific players picked out then I would say:

JOC - after he went off we lost any shape that we had. Him going off meant Coke and Miller became static both trying to not leave gaps.

Sedgewick - I am starting to feel sorry for him he is so far off the pace.

Morrison - I thought he played OK and was far from lazy. For the last 20 mins he looked knackered (due to the running he had done) and should have been subbed off instead of JOC.

I thought Otsemebor played well and Coke, Miller, Tudgay, JOC, Beevers, Purse and Weaver all did fine. Jones and Sedgewick were the only ones I thought were as bad as in previous games.