2 Goal Comdbacks

1. whoosh is the sound of summat going over your head

2. Its a FAIL because you are evidently not aware of aero SWFCs owls legends stats posts. See 1

Put down the shovel and step away from the hole biggrin.gif

He might be a legend doesnt mean he is right all time anyway never mind thanks for explaining the whoosh

Wednesday have only come back from 2-0 down, to win a game, 3 times since the second world war !!

how many times have we been 2-0 up and lost,in the same period,66 cup final,villa in 91,charlton 2007 i'm sure theres plenty more.

Guest Walkley_Owl

As far as I remember yes.

Williams(?) scored from a corner(?) and Di Canio scored twice(?).

Nov 97

1 up at half time Atherton scored, two quick fire goals from Hirst and Palmer sends us 2-1 down before Wayne Collins slots home after an excellent ball by Paolo and the Italian does what he does best for the winner.

Feb 1997

two down, one looked offside by Ostenstadt, ref Mike Reed (flaper of the highest order) then gives them a pen for handball OUTSIDE the box, Le Tiss 2-0

Hirst grabs one back with the right boot I think before levelling with a left foot strike, Booth snatches late winner from a Nolan cross, looked likely to go over at one point

Ahhh the memories...

Di Canio rounds the keeper, could just slide it into the net, but decided to go back and take the keeper on again just for the laugh and because he can. Then after having enough fun and rubbing it in, he decides to complete the comeback, by slotting it into the net, from an angle with a player on the line. Then running over to the far side to celebrate with the Wednesday fans who were spilling onto the pitch, he falls to his knees in front of us. Not only did Paolo score in style he celebrated in style too.

Back to earth....

We're pretty sh*t at comebacks really.

Edited by BRADDAZ

We were 1-0 up and then 2-1 down in that before coming back.

Southampton 2-3 Wednesday

Nov 97

1 up at half time Atherton scored, two quick fire goals from Hirst and Palmer sends us 2-1 down before Wayne Collins slots home after an excellent ball by Paolo and the Italian does what he does best for the winner.

Feb 1997

two down, one looked offside by Ostenstadt, ref Mike Reed (flaper of the highest order) then gives them a pen for handball OUTSIDE the box, Le Tiss 2-0

Hirst grabs one back with the right boot I think before levelling with a left foot strike, Booth snatches late winner from a Nolan cross, looked likely to go over at one point

I wasn't far out eh :blush:

Not bad for one of my favourite ever games/memories!

Ahhh the memories...

Di Canio rounds the keeper, could just slide it into the net, but decided to go back and take the keeper on again just for the laugh and because he can. Then after having enough fun and rubbing it in, he decides to complete the comeback, by slotting it into the net, from an angle with a player on the line. Then running over to the far side to celebrate with the Wednesday fans who were spilling onto the pitch, he falls to his knees in front of us. Not only did Paolo score in style he celebrated in style too.

Back to earth....

We're pretty sh*t at comebacks really.

As above, one of my favourite moments following Wednesday.

The comeback against Reading from been 2-0 down to win 3-2 was a cracker, about 2003 if I remember right and it was Sibons last goal and game for us I believe.

Didn't we come back in this game to DRAW 3-3?? From what I remember we did come back from two-goals down but it was a 1-3 deficit.... Can anyone confirm the events of this game?? I do seem to remember Quinny & Sibon got goals.

I know someone's already mentioned it, but how terrible are we at GIVING AWAY two-goal leads?!??!! Being two-goals up is a nightmare for us & we never seem to learn! I think one that astounded me most was being 2-up at Stockport a good few seasons ago, only to lose 4-2!!!

And of course, there was the 3-1 away at Derby going into injury-time that we managed to throw away :-(

Didn't we come back in this game to DRAW 3-3?? From what I remember we did come back from two-goals down but it was a 1-3 deficit.... Can anyone confirm the events of this game?? I do seem to remember Quinny & Sibon got goals.

I know someone's already mentioned it, but how terrible are we at GIVING AWAY two-goal leads?!??!! Being two-goals up is a nightmare for us & we never seem to learn! I think one that astounded me most was being 2-up at Stockport a good few seasons ago, only to lose 4-2!!!

And of course, there was the 3-1 away at Derby going into injury-time that we managed to throw away :-(

11/01/03 SWFC v Reading

Reading were 2-0 up at half time then after the break Quinn, Sibon and Johnston got the three for us.

11/01/03 SWFC v Reading

Reading were 2-0 up at half time then after the break Quinn, Sibon and Johnston got the three for us.